Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I think people underestimate how quickly you can build a good team.

Obviously it takes a good manager and more often than not, money.

But we've seen in the past Atkinson, Little and O'Neill have taken struggling and turned it in a couple of seasons.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Don’t mate, Rashica had 196 pages of comments......don’t start another one.

Besides, I’d genuinely prefer Michael Obafemi as a wide forward than Bernardeschi.....looks like he gets himself tied in knots, goes down blind alleys.

Edited by rayk

Just now, rayk said:

Don’t mate, Rashica had 196 pages of comments......don’t start another one.

Besides, I’d genuinely prefer Michael Obafemi as a wide forward than Bernardeschi.....looks like he gets himself tied in knots, goes gown blind alleys.

I know mate 😂 it’s why I was hesitant but for what it’s worth it did at least *appear* to be him

Dean likes a left footer on the right allegedly doesn’t he?

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

Bernardeschi and Alex Sandro are 2 of the 3 Juve players that guy was banging on about 😂

Mentioned Thauvin too, who doesnt play for Juve. Hoisted by his own petard 

Haha. Well it ain’t going to be Sandro lol

11 minutes ago, Morkery said:

I think people underestimate how quickly you can build a good team.

Obviously it takes a good manager and more often than not, money.

But we've seen in the past Atkinson, Little and O'Neill have taken struggling and turned it in a couple of seasons.

I think the issue with this line of thought is that it creates unrealistic expectations - people will point to an exceptional team, with a heavy emphasis on 'exception', as evidence that it's possible, without considering how many other teams have failed at the same time, comparatively speaking.

6 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

I know mate 😂 it’s why I was hesitant but for what it’s worth it did at least *appear* to be him

Dean likes a left footer on the right allegedly doesn’t he?

Any wide forward will naturally cut in when they hone in on goal, and so do El Ghazi and Trez even though right footed.

But it’s a good point, much of Cash’s success was having Lolley cutting in so that Cash could go wide.

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

It’s this guy I think, can’t find the tweet, but he is a nutter.

He's clearly got the wrong player. We are looking to add some extra bite to our attack :D:

Luis Suarez reveals why he bites people

Leeds are showing great ambition with their signings, a Spanish international with plenty of experience in La Liga and who has excellent stats when you take into account his assists, a German international with plenty of Bundesliga experience, and now De Paul an Argentine international with plenty of Serie A experience. Meanwhile we're being linked to players from Reading, Brentford and Forest.

I'm sure people will try and talk down their signings but unless we pull out a few unexpect deals, they're showing much greater ambition and intent than we are.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Well you have to read between the lines. He’s leaving Juventus. Someone saw a plane from Turin. QED.

That maybe very very dry humour on your behalf but if not....have you read none of the last 10 posts or so?

The fact that a private plane arrives at BHX does not mean Higuain is signing for Villa.

Firstly the player could have been travelling to Wolves or Leicester.

Secondly, there are more players leaving Juve than just Higuain and Torino are also based in Turin.

You might even get a player from Genoa or even Milan flying from Turin if they are trying to be secret squirrel about things.

So QED? Nope.

Boo Rashica thread now locked.  I would be surprised if Watkins is not signed next week and maybe Cash. Not sure on any other of the links. Slightly concerned that we seem to be focusing on Championship signings. We have a potentially decent side if we can just get a bit of quality in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

That maybe very very dry humour on your behalf but if not....have you read none of the last 10 posts or so?

The fact that a private plane arrives at BHX does not mean Higuain is signing for Villa.

Firstly the player could have been travelling to Wolves or Leicester.

Secondly, there are more players leaving Juve than just Higuain and Torino are also based in Turin.

You might even get a player from Genoa or even Milan flying from Turin if they are trying to be secret squirrel about things.

So QED? Nope.

You have to read between the lines mate as I said in my post.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

You have to read between the lines mate as I said in my post.

The point about reading between the lines is that literally there is nothing there.

And Higuain, really? He looks like a Sunday League player these days that we’re not going to s*unk £100k a week on a 32 year old.