Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Leeds interested in signing Rodrigo de Paul. Really good player. One I am jealous of if they pull it off...

Yeah I’ve been looking at their signings and whilst I don’t think they will do a Sheff Utd, I think they maybe trying to take lessons from our experience. Definitely less moneyball stuff, just looking to establish themselves I think and kick on from there.

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Mate i feel the same way, our owners make us believe we are trying to be the new Man City and then we are reportedly linked to all these guys its comical. Sky sports had breaking news on our bids so it must be true. Celtic want £40M for Edouard apparently so we can forget that deal as we should not pay no more than £30M after all he is playing in the SPL. As much as i dont want to pay £18M for Watkins I believe we will end up sealing the deal and paying more. Just sickens me watching teams like Everton going after all these top players when that really should be us not to mention Wolves.. My Aston Villa how have thee sunken this low 😞

Send a letter to the club recommending Messi then. 

• Like 1

This juventus thing is interesting.

I posted the other day about a private Turin arrival at BHX, from a distance and please take this with a pinch of salt but it looked like it could have been one of their players. 

As pie in the sky as it seems with that geezer on Twitter there could be an element of truth. 

Could also be flying in to go and visit our premier league neighbours too 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Surely the idea behind a Lange/Suso is to contribute with scouting network abroad? Am I missing the point? 

If so, why did Pitarch lose his job? 

Yeah exactly but we can only judge his work after his players have had some time.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Our battle isn't with Wolves Everton et Al. We need to be better than Brighton, Newcastle, Leeds, Fulham etc. Try and get a comfortable 12th or 13th this season. A couple of top 6 scalps will be a lovely bonus. 

This is why the likes of Watkins etc should be able to get us there. Also I genuinely believe that the players from last season can improve with added competition and the variety of the new players coming in. 

Not trying to be picky but Everton finished on 49 points and Wolves finished on 59 points.

As a point of reference Sheff Utd finished on 54 points.

So yes, Wolves likely to be out of reach but Everton definitely not based on last season.

Saying we just need to be better than Leeds and Fulham is like the old saying  ‘By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail’.

I meam FFS, another £50m-£100m spent is just to do better than the relegation pack??

Our target should be 50+ points this season and I have every confidence we can achieve that with the right signings.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

This juventus thing is interesting.

I posted the other day about a private Turin arrival at BHX, from a distance and please take this with a pinch of salt but it looked like it could have been one of their players. 

As pie in the sky as it seems with that geezer on Twitter there could be an element of truth. 

Could also be flying in to go and visit our premier league neighbours too 🤷🏻‍♂️

What's being said on Twitter about Juve?

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Mate i feel the same way, our owners make us believe we are trying to be the new Man City and then we are reportedly linked to all these guys its comical. Sky sports had breaking news on our bids so it must be true. Celtic want £40M for Edouard apparently so we can forget that deal as we should not pay no more than £30M after all he is playing in the SPL. As much as i dont want to pay £18M for Watkins I believe we will end up sealing the deal and paying more. Just sickens me watching teams like Everton going after all these top players when that really should be us not to mention Wolves.. My Aston Villa how have thee sunken this low 😞

We've been lower.

We were on the brink of selling Grealish to pay next month's wage bill just over 2 years ago.

They still pump in millions each month to just keep us afloat.

Sure I'd like some of the players you mention - but equally we need to have some nous rather than just chucking money at it. 

If those at the top think Watkins and Cash are the way to go - I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Plus they are two players likely to be playing in the prem next season either for us A N other club.

• Like 2

I think we have to face a few realities.....The top teams are hoovering up all the established talent.....and they don't have to play them.

What has changed is that these clubs can afford to not play them or not be financially injured by a miss....If they don't work out they seem impervious to financial pressure and there is always clubs like us to pick up the scraps....I think we have to change our perception.

I am not professing to say we are in an easy position, but I think we have to design our strategy carefully moving forward.....Lange has only just found where the toilets are, so we won't see his benefit for a while yet. The changes the club has made, will hopefully see us ok in the future, but right now, we are still in the groove to a degree with yesterdays mens outlook.

We seem to have good people looking after the academy and that is developing nicely....but getting established stars are proving to be much more difficult and terribly costly.....players as close to guaranteed as possible are too expensive and not interested in us.

I would like to see us in for some of the emerging stars like Patson Daka or Erling Haaland, in their early development stages Aubameyang and Lacazette, when they was at St Ettiene at 22 and Lyon at 21.....Salzburg seem to have been a hotbed for talent in recent years, and some of the scandinavian clubs are too....we need to be in for some of these players earlier enough to have a chance and take a gamble....and early enough for us to be an attraction......In the meantime, we just need players good enough to keep us up......to develop us further, I think we need the former strategy, which will indeed take some time....but we need to develop this prudency or the "early bird catches the worm"

And in view of how difficult it is to get this talent.....when we get some of our own, we need not be too quick to let it go so cheaply....i.e Gary Cahill, Adama Traore, Mark Albrighton, Calum Robinson, Gareth Barry, Gollini as just a few examples.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

We are interested in one of their transfer listed lads

As you correctly said, could be for Wolves, Leicester.

Torino also play in Serie A, so not necessarily Juve.

Could well have been ex Chelsea player Ola Aina who plays at RB for Torino.

Others will speculate on Andrea Belotti but I doubt it. Italians generally haven’t travel well to the PL over the last 15-20 years.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I reckon we could probably get a couple mill for Taylor and Elmo.

Drop down to the championship and they’ll find teams where they’ll start. I’m still a fan of Elmo but he’s finished starting games at prem level, we need people pushing for places.

• Like 1

I feel like theirs loads of bargains available this season abroad and plenty of players available as other clubs are desperate for money(Corona). I just hope with replacing Suso with Lange we didn't leave it to late to formulate a plan on who to buy And in turn arnt just trusting in what Smith wants. It just worry's me with all the constant Brentford links that Smith's shopping list is incredibly narrow minded and we could be paying premium money(Brentford being Levy esq) while all other teams are getting the foreign bargains.

Just feel like its a big opportunity to truly progress and hope it isn't ballsed up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

As you correctly said, could be for Wolves, Leicester.

Torino also play in Serie A, so not necessarily Juve.

Could well have been ex Chelsea player Ola Aina who plays at RB for Torino.

Others will speculate on Andrea Belotti but I doubt it. Italians generally haven’t travel well to the PL over the last 15-20 years.

Yeah agree with all that was said.

Looked at both Juve and Torino squad pictures and it looked like a certain Juve winger, definitely wasn’t belotti or aina, that I’m certain of

4 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Yeah agree with all that was said.

Looked at both Juve and Torino squad pictures and it looked like a certain Juve winger, definitely wasn’t belotti or aina, that I’m certain of

Only player I can think of is Federico Bernardeschi who does look as though he’s leaving Juve this summer?

E15371F4-4549-4357-8F58-1816C0830D16.jpeg

Ok so reading between the lines Higuain sounds like it’s as good as done, which means it’s even more important that an additional forward like Watkins can also play wide. Wesley will learn a ton from Higuain as well so we should be well placed for the future.

Wrap those up and then bring in Cash and Swift for depth/competition further back and we should be in good shape :)

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Ok so reading between the lines Higuain sounds like it’s as good as done, which means it’s even more important that an additional forward like Watkins can also play wide. Wesley will learn a ton from Higuain as well so we should be well placed for the future.

Wrap those up and then bring in Cash and Swift for depth/competition further back and we should be in good shape :)

Is it?