Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

People genuinely believe him about things. Amazing. 

Just looked. That's someone taking the piss out of the original one. 

I know.......can you believe it....probably the same people who thought we were going to sign Rashica. 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

There's a guy on tweeter that says we will see this week why Villa have waited so long to do deals. He says it's going to be madness. Mind you, he is also saying we are competing with Real Madrid to sign one of Juventus' transfer-listed players. 

Let's hope he's right on the deals next week though as we could do with getting some new faces in to start training with the current squad. 

Maybe we need to sell to buy because of FFP?

Edit I mean the fringe players.

Sooner they get rid of it the better. Then we'd see us really compete in the market.

Edited by Sulberto21
Clarification.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Thats the sad Bluenose prick who is bored waiting for his club to sign nobody and fight to stay in the 2nd tier. Again.

It was Ron Burgundy mate, don’t think he’s a bluenose.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

*Sighs loudly*...

*Considers posting Travolta gif again*...

*Drums fingers loudly*...

*Sighs*...

*Logs off*

Next week. We settle all family business*

*some. Maybe.

13 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Now, that makes me f**king mad. We are either looking at batshit crazy lazy journalism or, our manager wants a team full of Brentford players... 

Rico Henry

Ezra Konsa

John Swift

Said Benrahma

Diego Jota

Olly Watkins

It is seriously taking the piss if true that we ars after who the reports say we're after. 

Mate i feel the same way, our owners make us believe we are trying to be the new Man City and then we are reportedly linked to all these guys its comical. Sky sports had breaking news on our bids so it must be true. Celtic want £40M for Edouard apparently so we can forget that deal as we should not pay no more than £30M after all he is playing in the SPL. As much as i dont want to pay £18M for Watkins I believe we will end up sealing the deal and paying more. Just sickens me watching teams like Everton going after all these top players when that really should be us not to mention Wolves.. My Aston Villa how have thee sunken this low 😞

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If our Fullback options at the end of the window are

RB: Cash/Guibert

LB: Targett/Henry

It is a HUGE boost.

I think people underestimate how important aggressive attacking Fullbacks are in the modern game.

Competition for places is so important too. Elmo and Taylor aren’t pushing for starts, they’re back up. We want players fighting over a place in the team.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Competition for places is so important too. Elmo and Taylor aren’t pushing for starts, they’re back up. We want players fighting over a place in the team.

I reckon we could probably get a couple mill for Taylor and Elmo.

22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Mate i feel the same way, our owners make us believe we are trying to be the new Man City and then we are reportedly linked to all these guys its comical. Sky sports had breaking news on our bids so it must be true. Celtic want £40M for Edouard apparently so we can forget that deal as we should not pay no more than £30M after all he is playing in the SPL. As much as i dont want to pay £18M for Watkins I believe we will end up sealing the deal and paying more. Just sickens me watching teams like Everton going after all these top players when that really should be us not to mention Wolves.. My Aston Villa how have thee sunken this low 😞

This is the best position we have been in in 5 years? Wake up and smell the roses we survived on the last day of the season. Do you really think any player Everton or wolves want would choose us over them? It will take time to establish ourselves as a premier league team again. 

I personally am glad we are not spunking money and wages on players chasing their last contract, we know the implications of this happening! 

We built a new squad last season a few shrewd signings this year will significantly change our team, its a strange pre season but everyone is in the same boat.

UTV

Edited by MellbergsBeard
Spelling

If we can't get Odouard I think we should take a look at Myron Boadu at AZ. 19 year-old Dutch international who scored 20 in 39 last season, including 6 in the Europa League.

Newcastle were quoted something like £20m earlier in the window, so could be gettable for that price.

• Like 2

Just now, jacketspuds said:

If we can't get Odouard I think we should take a look at Myron Boadu at AZ. 19 year-old Dutch international who scored 20 in 39 last season, including 6 in the Europa League.

Newcastle were quoted something like £20m earlier in the window, so could be gettable for that price.

Good good player.