Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Chelsea are in talks for Timo Werner, maybe that means that Tammy Abraham might be available? 

Just saw this myself mate, I was about to say if we stay up it’s worth looking into

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Just saw this myself mate, I was about to say if we stay up it’s worth looking into

He’d be my dream signing, would he be yours too? He’d cost a lot though no doubt but I think he’d worth it. He’s a brilliant centre forward and he’s at a great age too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’d be my dream signing, would he be yours too? He’d cost a lot though no doubt but I think he’d worth it. He’s a brilliant centre forward and he’s at a great age too

I would absolutely love him here mate. We saw how good he was last season for us and this season for Chelsea. He will only get better too

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

I would absolutely love him here mate. We saw how good he was last season for us and this season for Chelsea. He will only get better too

I think you are correct and for Bristol City on loan too don’t forget, not so good for Swansea City on loan but he was only very young then. I think he’s just an outstanding centre forward

• Like 1

Tammy right now is holding off signing a contract with Chelsea as he wants what 19 year old Callum Hudson-Odoi (arrested on suspicion of rape last month) is making. I can understand why.

I think main reason they've moved on Werner is his flexibility, he's very comfortable wide left or right as well as through the middle. Wouldn't be surprised to see a front three of 

Werner Tammy Ziyech

Start next season for them. 

Signing Werner on £200k+ a week may mean Tammy wants even more of course. If we pull off a miracle and stay up there is zero chance of Tammy coming here unless Jack stays. 

• Like 1

I really can't see Tammy going back to being happy as a bench/squad player after the last two seasons. He'll certainly look for a move.

We wouldn't be the only interested party even if we stay up of course. I actually think he'd be a pretty good signing for Newcastle. Can see them keeping Steve Bruce in charge to tempt him and then sacking SB a week later.

Just been watching Guimaraes-Sporting clube. Marcus Edwards is pretty skilful and direct on the right. Hangs onto the ball too long in the final third but he has talent. Was at Spurs previously. Can see him being on our radar given he's 21 and getting good experience in Portugal league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Me to as then I could do my sons heading with the Tammy chants again, especially when I score against him on fifa 20 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Signing Werner on £200k+ a week may mean Tammy wants even more of course. If we pull off a miracle and stay up there is zero chance of Tammy coming here unless Jack stays. 

While I'd like to agree with you, for some reason I cant on that. I mean he did come to us during our season in the championship and he could of snubbed using favour of a premier club as a few wanted him at time right??

Yeah ok hes had a terrific season after us, still though I think if we stayed up without Jack, there are others hed feel right at home with, Jack staying would help though.

Tammy is the kind of player that would only improve us for the better, he showed us all along what it was we were missing. Were still missing that now from our players (closest is Jack) who do it all up and down the pitch because alot of our players just dont posses that capability. 

Bring Tammy here for sure, I believe belongs in a Villa shirt again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You don’t let him win at Fifa 20?!

No I use Tammy to score past my son on fifa and do the Tammy chant, he none stop tells me no way Tammy's scoring a hattrick lol.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

While I'd like to agree with you, for some reason I cant on that. I mean he did come to us during our season in the championship and he could of snubbed using favour of a premier club as a few wanted him at time right??

Yeah ok hes had a terrific season after us, still though I think if we stayed up without Jack, there are others hed feel right at home with, Jack staying would help though.

Tammy is the kind of player that would only improve us for the better, he showed us all along what it was we were missing. Were still missing that now from our players (closest is Jack) who do it all up and down the pitch because alot of our players just dont posses that capability. 

Bring Tammy here for sure, I believe belongs in a Villa shirt again.

He would be nuts to consider coming here if Jacko left IMO.

37 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How old is your son?

Hes 16 now, hes real good at fifa, he does beat me at fifa occasionally, if I'm honest I'd say I win 90% of our matches, but puts a proper good match on. We mostly will do a Villa v Villa or an ultimate team. At one point when he was playing with his Villa squad he built on ultimate team he was beating online 90+ rated squads who are the spenders of the game, and we all know Villa squad itself isnt that highly rated yet..

Me kid doesnt like my team online, its built for different play types.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He would be nuts to consider coming here if Jacko left IMO.

I'd agree with you on that because it shows we arnt fighting to keep our talent or we wont pay whatever it is to upgrade on what we have already, we need to start showing signs of that next window.

On 31/05/2020 at 15:54, OutByEaster? said:

I think if we go down, Mings, McGinn, possibly Targett, Luiz, Grealish, Trezeguet and maybe Samatta and Wesley will want to go. Reina, Baston and Drinkwater will go back to wherever and on top of that, ideally you'd want to be looking to replace Taylor, Elmohamady, Lansbury and Jota.

I think we still underestimate the degree to which we were an incomplete club when we came up from the Championship - we're still short of having a squad with the quality or depth required. People concentrate on how much we spent last summer, but miss the point of how little we had to start with - we're still not there.

I have to disagree, yes Reina, Baston and Drinkwater will all go (I'll drive them if they want!) I don't think any of those you listed will go other than Jack, none are in a position to force a move with expiring contracts or on big big money. Some may want to go but it will be a very strange transfer window this time around. As for Taylor, Elmohamady, Lansbury and Jota could they do a job in the Championship? Probably IMO. Henri will not force a move with the wage he is currently on he'll never earn that sort of money again in his career. If we go down I think the squad will look very similar to what it does now maybe 2 or 3 non first team out with the same in.

If we stay up that's the only time I could see wholesale changes. I think player power has changed with recent events, other than top top players they most won't be forcing issues for the foreseeable. 

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I have to disagree, yes Reina, Baston and Drinkwater will all go (I'll drive them if they want!) I don't think any of those you listed will go other than Jack, none are in a position to force a move with expiring contracts or on big big money. Some may want to go but it will be a very strange transfer window this time around. As for Taylor, Elmohamady, Lansbury and Jota could they do a job in the Championship? Probably IMO. Henri will not force a move with the wage he is currently on he'll never earn that sort of money again in his career. If we go down I think the squad will look very similar to what it does now maybe 2 or 3 non first team out with the same in.

If we stay up that's the only time I could see wholesale changes. I think player power has changed with recent events, other than top top players they most won't be forcing issues for the foreseeable. 

That's all fair enough, with that little group of four (Lansbury, Jota, Taylor and Elmo) I was thinking more of the club wanting to move them on than them wanting to leave.

The first three are dead weight and I think Elmo might retire if we go down - that might be a bit unfair on him.

• Like 1

If we signed Tammy, it would be the type of ambitious signing that would give Jack, another reason for staying with us. Tammy has unfinished business with us, he loved playing for us and I'm sure that he would seriously consider a return, assuming we could do that sort of deal and were in the PL. Sadly, I don't see Chelsea letting him leave just yet. Perhaps in a season or two, but it's still a very nice thought.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We would be looking at 60-70 million for Tammy

If were looking to add quality if we survive then I'd buy Tammy and then try to bring Bowen, Benrahma, Eze, Billing, Phillip's even a toss up between right wingers Periera, Costa and Cavaleiro from the championship.

However we do it adding quality now is going to cost us big overall.