Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just oozes credibility when you call yourself VillaAgent doesn't it? 

IIRC he was pretty accurate with his info last summer, but might be wrong - can anyone confirm? 

• Like 1

We really missed a trick not buying Benrahma last summer, it's the equivalent of spurs refusing to buy Grealish off us when we were in the championship, and now look at him, Benrahma will go on to be a top player 

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

IIRC he was pretty accurate with his info last summer, but might be wrong - can anyone confirm? 

Looking through his twitter feed last summer and there seems to be a good bit of accurate information. Of course, I have no idea if some of the posts he made were already public knowledge. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

3 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

We really missed a trick not buying Benrahma last summer

He does look a very tidy player. I was all for signing him last year and he would undoubtedly be better than Trez or el Ghazi. My only concern is as technically gifted as he is, he doesn't have raw pace.

Time and time again we see good players not make the same impact in the premier League, I think having outstanding pace really does help when making the step up

6 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

We really missed a trick not buying Benrahma last summer, it's the equivalent of spurs refusing to buy Grealish off us when we were in the championship, and now look at him, Benrahma will go on to be a top player 

He was injured and we didn't want to play the money for a player who would be out for the first month or 2 of the season. 

1 minute ago, ramshackler said:

He does look a very tidy player. I was all for signing him last year and he would undoubtedly be better than Trez or el Ghazi. My only concern is as technically gifted as he is, he doesn't have raw pace.

Time and time again we see good players not make the same impact in the premier League, I think having outstanding pace really does help when making the step up

For me technical skills are as important if not more, what's the point in having a player who is lightning, but has no end product , ever? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Better hope you're right They are 2-0 up already!!!

Most media seem to think Chelsea are hot favourites for benrahma - would smith be able to attract him ? 
should Brentford go up I think he would still move on but would command a very decent fee  , id be delighted If we could get him 

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seen Ineacho linked ( I know that's probably wrong spelling) as striker from Leicester?

I remember I used to rate him at Man City and always scores against us without fail.

Thoughts?

Scores goals, better than what we have, experience of the league....

What’s not to like? 😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Most media seem to think Chelsea are hot favourites for benrahma - would smith be able to attract him ? 
should Brentford go up I think he would still move on but would command a very decent fee  , id be delighted If we could get him 

The Smith factor could sway him to us, maybe. We have no idea what their relationship was like though. Also would Benrahma be content with not starting every game? There’s never any guarantees at Chelsea with their thirst for signing players. 

Yes I’m clutching but there’s no harm in a bit of wishful thinking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

We wouldn't be starting the season with wesley as our striker as well. He is going to be out until October so when the season starts in spetember he won't be fully fit. And we can't afford to have to get him back up to speed like we did with mcginn. 

Some people on here don't think he is good enough fully fit let alone coming back after 9 months of injury. He has only just started training again so another 2 or 3 months before he is ready to play a match is completely reasonable. We need to sign another striker in the meantime. 

Precisely.. it would be relegation zone football if we started the season with Wesley, well what i meant was i hope we are not banking on wesley to return for him to then be our main target up front.. thats a BIG no .. Tammy Abraham with Milot Rashica, Everton Soares, Said Benrahma or those types of players around him is what i would be itching to see. I think we need two wingers RW and LW but will end up with one winger , a CB,LB,CM,CF. But we will see ayee UTV

9 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

For me technical skills are as important if not more, what's the point in having a player who is lightning, but has no end product , ever? 

That wasn't my point though. I agree absolutely. I'm just pointing out that technical players that look great in championship often struggle when making the step up. 

Benrahma is going to cost alot of money, money that could buy proven premier League players.

He would probably be quality, but there's no denying it is a risk

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Phillips confirmed villas interest 

Yeah, saw that. Just makes me think that whoever was dropping the names on the rumour mill last pre-season were pretty much bang on and must have had inside knowledge

• Like 2

Just now, It's Your Round said:

The Smith factor could sway him to us, maybe. We have no idea what their relationship was like though. Also would Benrahma be content with not starting every game? There’s never any guarantees at Chelsea with their thirst for signing players. 

Yes I’m clutching but there’s no harm in a bit of wishful thinking. 

He definitely won't be starting every game but he'd cope I think but look at who Chelsea have bought. They're filling the positions where Benrahma plays. Pulisic, Ziyech, Hudson Odoi, Werner can also play out wide. They're heavily linked with Havertz. They're aiming for proven CL quality. I don't think Benrahma is on their radar at all. Maybe I'm wrong - I usually am.

• Like 1