Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

19 minutes ago, Trickster said:

It's almost as if different transfers take different amounts of time. I'm not saying all of the Rashica stuff was true, or any of it in fact, but judging against length of other transfers makes no sense. So many variables included.

I’m not so sure. Loads of clubs make loads of ‘enquiries’ about players......but when clubs go in with a bid that’s accepted and agree wages it’s a couple weeks.

The ONLY reason I can think why Rashica’s transfer hasn’t really progressed is that Benrahma is our first choice. But having been a massive Benrahma fan, I think the signing of Traore points to a different type of signing. A pacey forward who can genuinely play across the front three and that points more now to Sarr/Brewster rather than Benrahma or Rashica.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’m not so sure. Loads of clubs make loads of ‘enquiries’ about players......but when clubs go in with a bid that’s accepted and agree wages it’s a couple weeks.

The ONLY reason I can think why Rashica’s transfer hasn’t really progressed is that Benrahma is our first choice. But having been a massive Benrahma fan, I think the signing of Traore points to a different type of signing. A pacey forward who can genuinely play across the front three and that points more now to Sarr/Brewster rather than Benrahma or Rashica.

We’re not signing Benrahma. Very reliable journo reported it. 

• Like 1

Maybe Smith thinks Benrahma can play across the front three?

One thing's for sure Benrahma will be sold in this transfer window the question is how much it will be for. The asking price must be high otherwise he would have gone already.

Game of wait and see who will lose their bottle first , I just hope we have an alternative player , maybe it's Rashica and we're holding it up to try and flush out Brentford out , going to be an interesting last day in the transfer window. 

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Maybe Smith thinks Benrahma can play across the front three?

One thing's for sure Benrahma will be sold in this transfer window the question is how much it will be for. The asking price must be high otherwise he would have gone already.

Game of wait and see who will lose their bottle first , I just hope we have an alternative player , maybe it's Rashica and we're holding it up to try and flush out Brentford out , going to be an interesting last day in the transfer window. 

I don’t think DS believes Benrahma or Rashica can play across the front three, more LW/AM/RW.

It probably means nothing but DS said after the Sheff Utd game that Franks said no more Brentford players were for sale. Now our only interest can be Benrahma or Henry.

So we either get Sarr who can genuinely play LW/ST/RW or both Benrahma/Rashica AND Brewster. I’d still prefer Benrahma over Rashica but only because I think he maybe better suited to AM and so a back up to Jack.

Just my ramblings..... 

• Like 1

Just now, Trickster said:

Brewster doesn't play across front three either.

I agree he’s a ST pure and simple but like Rashford and Greenwood .....and many FWs these days....have shown you need to play across the front three.

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’d still prefer Benrahma over Rashica but only because I think he maybe better suited to AM and so a back up to Jack.

From what I have seen of the both - largely Youtube clips - Rashica looks the more capable of playing 10 ... more phyical and pacey as opposed to Benrhama who is more of a trickster/winger.

I was really keen on Benrhama but am now leaning towards Rashica with his big league experience and impressive stats - he looks like the Bundesliga's Jack.

Edited by barry'sboots

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

From what I have seen of the both - largely Youtube clips - Rashica looks the more capable of playing 10 ... more phyical and pacey as opposed to Benrhama who is more of a trickster/winger.

That’s what I mean though, Benrahma could be the Jack like magician as an AM, not so much the no 10/second ST role.

Despite what others might say, Rashica more of a out and out winger.

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Rashica definitely plays across front 3. Majority career position RW but didn't play there last season. Left wing in 433 half the games and rest mix of striker and support striker

No way in this world could he lead the line in the Prem. Bertrand could and maybe that’s why we’ve bought him. Obviously we’ve got Watkins who can play ST/LW, and we have Wes who can play......errr.....errr....up front.

So maybe it will be the Benrahma/Rashica type player who is better playing AM than ST.

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

That’s what I mean though, Benrahma could be the Jack like magician as an AM, not so much the no 10/second ST role.

Despite what others might say, Rashica more of a out and out winger.

3 goals and 5 assists last season in all comps were playing support striker 

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I'm sure I've read that he has actually played as an ACM/10 for Bremen.  Again, as far as I'm aware, Benrhama has always played wide in a 3 for Brentford??

I agree, I just meant he can’t play the Watkins role. Benrahma has played wide but blimey, if he can’t play AM with all his tricks I’m not sure who can.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

3 goals and 5 assists last season in all comps were playing central support striker 

I’m not saying he can’t play AM, just his main asset is speed. Benrahma has more skill and tricks in his locker that make him better suited to AM.

But if Rashica is half the price of Benrahma then absolutely Rashica makes the most sense.

Rashica is definitely our preferred winger and almost certainly it will happen if no CL league team come in - very unlikely.

Brewster is very likely Villa very interested

Loftus Cheek is a real possibility. Chelsea will have to be convinced he will play enough

Barkley is unlikely

A french midfielder is also being assessed

As far as i know no-one else is being sought