Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if the no loans rule will Be softened as it’s stupid to limit ourselves to permanent transfers considering the surgery required... Its an arrogant and misguided way to do business IMO... 

Also how about Baba Rahman for LB cover ? He’ll be cheap or available for loan ... 

Jeeze, you making out that we are desperate for signings. Our current squad is good enough for safety. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Arguable 

The Sheffield game, we were miles better than any game we played last season. Comfortable on the ball, retained possession, created a shit load more chances, just unfortunate that we were met with a well drilled parked bus from a team that was a tonne better than us last season. 

we will be a more comfortable safe this season

I think the current squad, staying fit all season is good enough to comfortably stay up. The problem is depth. Just look at our attacking options on the bench against Sheff Utd; El Ghazi and Davis. I know Traore can be added to that but it's still not enough. Two or three injuries to key players and do we have capable replacements?

For me, a first team quality wide attacker is an absolute must. Then a centre mid, centre back cover and striker cover. The loan market could be just what we need to use.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

No. And to be honest it pisses me off. Its a genuine link.

Yeah, it's a genuine link. No doubt about it. Just because it's not plastered all over the newspapers doesn't mean it's not a link. I'm certain he will leave Bremen (£10 to VT if he doesn't this window) and I still think we're in for him.

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The Sheffield game, we were miles better than any game we played last season. Comfortable on the ball, retained possession, created a shit load more chances, just unfortunate that we were met with a well drilled parked bus from a team that was a tonne better than us last season. 

Against 10 men. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Against 10 men. 

We were useless against ten men last season. We even lost to a ten man team 

we are a more comfortable team now. 
some wrinkles to iron, but the team are almost singing on the same sheet now 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Not everyone is going to play us with 10 men and with a total disinterest in the ball though.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Not everyone is going to play us with 10 men and with a total disinterest in the ball though.

I think we would still have cruised that game. We were in as total a control as you’ll ever see (yes they had the pen and a couple of shots, teams always will) - the question was just us getting that breakthrough which isn’t any easier against ten men just because they are short a striker on the field. 

Fulham will give us a better idea if it stays 11 v 11 but three points is three points. 

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Until they got a player sent off, we were still the better team

better than a team that took 4 point off of us last season and finished way ahead of us in the league. They got there with having a well drilled defence, which they used against us after losing a player. 

we are a more comfortable team now. 

36 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I think the current squad, staying fit all season is good enough to comfortably stay up. The problem is depth. Just look at our attacking options on the bench against Sheff Utd; El Ghazi and Davis. I know Traore can be added to that but it's still not enough. Two or three injuries to key players and do we have capable replacements?

For me, a first team quality wide attacker is an absolute must. Then a centre mid, centre back cover and striker cover. The loan market could be just what we need to use.

Isnt that the same argument for every prem team from about 8th downwards

54 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Jeeze, you making out that we are desperate for signings. Our current squad is good enough for safety. 

We are an injury or two away from having issues. We cannot perform major surgery every summer it Imo we need to upgrade LB,CB,CM,LW & ST. A loan here or there makes sense surely ? 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

We are an injury or two away from having issues. We cannot perform major surgery every summer it Imo we need to upgrade LB,CB,CM,LW & ST. A loan here or there makes sense surely ? 

We are, but so are many other teams. Despite all the signings Chelsea have made, they’re an injury or two from having issues themselves.