Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

I do find it funny he’s claiming to have been informed about something and then quotes the tweet that is literally telling the world what’s happening in that particular scenario.

I do like Preece but the man knows nothing about our transfers. 

• Haha 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

Surely we have something lined up then. We have to sign another striker. We won't be as stupid as last season will we? 

Was just about to post this. If we go into this season with Watkins, Davis and an injured Wesley as our strikers I'll be absolutely bemused. We must be confident of another striker coming in. 

• Like 3

Just now, villan-scott said:

Surely a forward must be close to signing to sanction this move?!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2943bgaicmvszhl8i3qs

Striker or a wide man. Rashica would be perfect. You then have Rashica and Traoré who could both do a job up top of Watkins and Davis were injured. 

Our need for a LW is greater than a new striker (in my opinion).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Until they got a player sent off, we were still the better team

better than a team that took 4 point off of us last season and finished way ahead of us in the league. They got there with having a well drilled defence, which they used against us after losing a player. 

we are a more comfortable team now. 

I'm completely pro the Smith project, I would hold fire on making any judgements on us though till we've played a team that actually likes the ball. I think we'll be mostly drawing teams on to us by playing it out from the back and then going back to front quickly, there won't be many teams where we'll boss possession and pin them back.

Too early to be saying how we look, was a fantastic result though against one of the best organised teams in the country.

Transfer wise though, we need more than Traore coming in to that team, ideally a left sided forward who can play central if needs be and drop Grealish back, give him the freedom of the park but starting in front of Luiz and McGinn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Surely we have something lined up then. We have to sign another striker. We won't be as stupid as last season will we? 

Of course we will. For me it’s between one of Sarr and Brewster (who can double up at STs or wingers) and no trad winger because we have that in Trez and El Ghazi.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Was just about to post this. If we go into this season with Watkins, Davis and an injured Wesley as our strikers I'll be absolutely bemused. We must be confident of another striker coming in. 

From what I understand of both Traore and Watkins, they can both play either centrally or as an inside forward. I expect another player of that ilk. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Ante Budemir from mallorca doing the rounds on twitter. 14 mill. No clue who he is but apparently a forward

29 years old so not very likely.  Links do seem to have gone a bit cold recently, hopefully there will be something out of the blue in the next few days.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

From what I understand of both Traore and Watkins, they can both play either centrally or as an inside forward. I expect another player of that ilk. 

Yeah, it's clear they're going down that route. I expect another inside forward incoming. I can think of one player who fits this description...

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Striker or a wide man. Rashica would be perfect. You then have Rashica and Traoré who could both do a job up top of Watkins and Davis were injured. 

Our need for a LW is greater than a new striker (in my opinion).

I really don't want that. 

Rashica and traore are coming as wide players, which leaves Grealish in the middle. 

If that's our plan, we need a striker who can come in for watkins without disrupting other areas. I think that would be poor if we indeed see rashica and traore as back up strikers. I'm hoping we sign rashica and a proper striker as competition/back up to watkins. 

2 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

First post so forgive if overly long...

There’s no way we are done trying to get people in.  We may be done bringing people in, without creating room for them in the squad. Our entire buying policy was built on not losing a fortune when we needed to upgrade players, so that’s what we need to do, sell players, without taking a bath on their resale value.

That being said, given the desired aims of the owners and the fact we have the opportunity to go shopping in a suppressed market.  Here’s my priority list for this summer:

1) Jack new contract

2) 2 New Strikers to replace Samatta and Davis (loan out Davis once signed new contract)

3) 2 x Creativity and pace out wide

4) New Right back, ship out Guilbert

5) New CB, preferably starter, but could be cover - Engles out

6) New CM to challenge McGinn but also cover for Jack.

Was more than happy for Steer to cover until Heaton returns, but when you have cash and an opportunity to upgrade comes along, you take it.  Also, we aren’t keeping Jack at the club without offering him the chance to play in centre mid, so wide players need to be starters.

Now, on the big assumption that Dean had a similar list, it’s telling that we spent a lot on Matty Cash, for a position so far down the priority list.  You’d assume therefore we are looking to fill those greater priorities too.

So that’s a striker, a left forward / winger, new CB and new CM still to come, once we create space in the squad.

No clue who, that depends how much the owners are willing to spend, feels like they are prepared to spend more than they budgeted, to take advantage of our Covid inflated place in the market (willing to overspend to secure targets).

Can’t see us doing anything at left back, we aren’t going to demote a left back we just spent 17m on and Taylor isn’t going anywhere, I think he has 1 year left on a tasty contract, he’ll go on a free next year.

Welcome....especially a relative newcomer myself.

But that’s a heck a lot of change and frankly, Konsa has nailed on his partnership with Mings. So any newcomer isn’t going to oust Konsa right now.

And no, I don’t think we’ll sign for example Edouard and Benrahma for example, but we could definitely sign Sarr who can play both positions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I really don't want that. 

Rashica and traore are coming as wide players, which leaves Grealish in the middle. 

If that's our plan, we need a striker who can come in for watkins without disrupting other areas. I think that would be poor if we indeed see rashica and traore as back up strikers. I'm hoping we sign rashica and a proper striker as competition/back up to watkins. 

Why? Maybe Villa think they're all capable of playing across the front?

• Like 1