Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 hours ago, Liam100 said:

Should the discussion on whether Tammy (or anyone) would improve us or not be comparing them to who they would replace in the squad - so compare Tammy with Keinan in this example?  

we arent going to spend 28/33m on Watkins, to replace him with 40-50m Abraham, also we arent going to spend 28/33m on Watkins, to replace Davis as backup with a 40-50m Abraham.

Any money we have left needs to go on wide players (maybe wide players who can also play cf if needed), a midfielder, then possibly a left back and central defender.

even if we did buy another striker, there is no way we would spend 30-50m on them as a backup to watkins, or to replace watkins.

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He started doing steroids:

image.thumb.jpeg.5f1fd6c10616b61f7f23fd72737b00bf.jpeg

ye well, apparently everyone says he got like that without doing ANY weights etc, apparently thats just "natural muscle".

Despicable Me Lol GIF

ye cus......ok.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Liam100 said:

If we signed Tammy how would we play him and Watkins?  

Small club mentality. Do you think Chelsea thought oh, if we sign Havertz, how will we play him and Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO, etc?

I think Tammy is over-priced (and would prefer Edouard) - but not a single one of our strikers was good enough last year, so I don’t see how signing a second striker creates a problem, it’s a solution.

It also would allow us greater flexibility to move to playing two up front, if required.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cizzler said:

Small club mentality. Do you think Chelsea thought oh, if we sign Havertz, how will we play him and Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO, etc?

I think Tammy is over-priced (and would prefer Edouard) - but not a single one of our strikers was good enough last year, so I don’t see how signing a second striker creates a problem, it’s a solution.

It also would allow us greater flexibility to move to playing two up front, if required.

I Love You Hearts GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Yup an injury so bad - it makes any argument Wes v Tammy hypothetical.

My point with the Wes comparison was merely to highlight that Tammy isn't some player that we drastically improve us but in actuality won't improve us at all. If a player much criticised can be shown to be his equal it kind of makes the argument that he is the answer to our striking problem as ridiculous as it is.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

My point with the Wes comparison was merely to highlight that Tammy isn't some player that we drastically improve us but in actuality won't improve us at all. If a player much criticised can be shown to be his equal it kind of makes the argument that he is the answer to our striking problem as ridiculous as it is.

Would you have signed Ings 12months ago?

If Samatta leaves there's no way that we won't sign another striker, we aren't going to go into the season in a scenario whereby if Watkins gets injured we're suddenly left with Davis as our only back up option, was only very recently that everyone seem to think that Davis needed a loan move, now suddenly he's going to be our second choice centre-forward. Even John Percy has said that Smith wants another striker if Samatta leaves.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It rattles my cage when I see somebody using statistics to construct an argument, which by their very nature are objective, then somebody else returns with aggression. I don't know why I let it get to me, maybe it's the pointlessness of it. 

Statistics literally don't care about your feelings. Yes, there's more to the game than can be captured on paper, but simply put - there's just no need to be a dick about it. 

Yeah well you can prove anything with facts!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

OK so Havertz is a CAM, Pulisic is a left side inside forward. Ziyech is a right side playmaker. Hudson Odoi is a inside forward that can play either side. It's not comparable.

What is comparative is Werner, Tammy, Giroud. Warner is more of a Vardy type, fast, looking to break the offside trap. Giroud, a target man. Tammy a bit of both.

We have Watkins a more skilled version of Tammy (looks a bit sharper to me as well), Wesley, a target man that likes to drop deep. Davis a powerful target man with some pace.

If you play one up front you need 3 strikers. Or 2 strikers and a a couple of inside forwards that can play striker. Or even 4 strikers where a couple of them are just as comfortable wide.

If you have two strikers of the same style you normally see one is the senior first choice and the other is a young player coming through.