Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I mean, you've kept your post to a minimum Dave! Caught your breath yet?

Dont know think I could go abit longer, sometimes I just get carried away on a writing spree, it seems to chill me out and I dont like writing.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Would not put us in that position if it's not needed. Let's think about the fact that if we spend just over hundred mill then we can more than get a few quality players who will do the job the ones faced at last season. I said on a number of occasions last season that if our frontline and midfield was working properly then we wouldnt of been in that position around relegation and in it.

In my book all we needed was our frontline and midfield sorted, our defence looked stupid because only Grealish before lockdown was working in front of them. I think for what our defence put up with last season they actually did remarkably well and I was god damn proud of them. How much in some games they were under so much pressure I honestly did not know how at least one of them didnt do a Rocky Balboa cry with Rant on there knees as if the worlds ended. Seriously our keepers along with the defenders we had in my book deserved a medal because it's been a long time since I seen any team of eleven players that for many games under bombardment at that level for that much time. Thing is our defenders came out there fox holes to fight and didnt run for cover, they gave it there all, the best they could.

After lockdown was when the magic happened, I do not think the defence or the keeper played any better than they did before lockdown happened. As always said to myself that the defence were already doing what was needed of them, just that the midfield and frontline positions were failing. Yes after the LD midfield and a few characters like Luiz, Hourihand and McGinn woke up and that was another few players that were supposed to be playing like they should of been all along joining in,that helped immensely, not to mention Grealish is still giving it a good going. So yeah it came down to a reality that it's just two positions who had not woke up and that's Samatta and Either Ghazi or Trez. Well Samatta slept throughout the season didnt he so that's him done and Ghazi just continued to struggle and look uninterested, so we had to rely on Trezegeut to wake up which he did, thank god. Trezegeut's goals helped us and along with ten other players on the pitch we nearly had a full working team. Ten positions working and awake giving it all they could and it was all just enough to cause some upsets not just relegating other teams but by get a couple big named wins.

I still believe that the defence and I live by what I said, that it's the least of our troubles and it's best to throw any money we have into the areas we need quality. For me the way our defence acted last season they were quality but I do not deny that a couple of additions to the defensive ranks wouldnt go a miss, it would be welcomed. You know I got shot down on here early before the window opened for saying how many players I thought we needed. People just thought it was going to be a small meager three players, but truth is we need more than that more like four to seven players. We have to take into account that some players who under performed would be sold and wed need replacements for that. There would be sales from players we were trying to get rid of. There would be sales from players out of contact most likely and once all that happens the gaps start to appear, not to mention the fact we need players anyway. I still say we need around 3-7 players a keeper, 2X2 strikers, attacking midfielder, a RW or two, a CB, a RB, a LB-(though not desperate), if you count all those that is 8 right there. Although we have signed some positions already I still believe we could see upto four more players joining and our spending could well go over 140 million. It seems quality is the target now and were highlighting players who can make a difference on the field. I think this will be a much different season that the previous, I'm looking forward to it to be honest from the current players staying put to the names just come in, to the potential players on there way, cant wait to see a villa play this season.

I too would like to see a defender signed.....but I am happy with all the attacking focus too.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes it does seem like some clubs are being cautious and it's a great time for us as we could play catch up to many all in one season if clubs do nothing in terms of signing players. I think next season is going to be a surprising one, I've a feeling one club out of a few who was in trouble last season may very well be on there way down, there were a few clubs like Newcastle, Everton and Westham who at one point struggled and one of them will do so and be unable to pull themselves out of it. Have they done there transfer business wisely I do not know. Many of these club are there to just take up position and not provide a fight to the top half of the leagues it's about maintaining for them. I do not believe our Owners have maintaining a regular position on there mind, you can feel they want to win cups and leagues and we are so fortunate to have them, there stability, drive, pride and passion at Villa.

With West Tescos and Fulham. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes it does seem like some clubs are being cautious and it's a great time for us as we could play catch up to many all in one season if clubs do nothing in terms of signing players. I think next season is going to be a surprising one, I've a feeling one club out of a few who was in trouble last season may very well be on there way down, there were a few clubs like Newcastle, Everton and Westham who at one point struggled and one of them will do so and be unable to pull themselves out of it. Have they done there transfer business wisely I do not know. Many of these club are there to just take up position and not provide a fight to the top half of the leagues it's about maintaining for them. I do not believe our Owners have maintaining a regular position on there mind, you can feel they want to win cups and leagues and we are so fortunate to have them, there stability, drive, pride and passion at Villa.

I think Newcastle will do enough to stay up, I think Everton and Arsenal have improved massively. I think Brighton and Southampton will have a good season.

I think Burnley, Sheffield, West Ham, Leicester and Palace will finish below where they did last season.

I have no idea where we will finish as our transfers will make or break us. Either way, injuries aside, we should not get into trouble this season.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I too would like to see a defender signed.....but I am happy with all the attacking focus too.

Where have you been TRO, not seen you much on here which is a shame as I enjoy reading your posts mate

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think Newcastle will do enough to stay up, I think Everton and Arsenal have improved massively. I think Brighton and Southampton will have a good season.

I think Burnley, Sheffield, West Ham, Leicester and Palace will finish below where they did last season.

I have no idea where we will finish as our transfers will make or break us. Either way, injuries aside, we should not get into trouble this season.

Southampton were awful against Palace who weren't great. I think they're relegation candidates. They sold Hojbjerg and if Ings were to get injured they're in big trouble

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Totally agree with this..Elmo is just not going to cut it as a backup to targett.we need someone imo better than targett as im not 100% sold on his defensive skills he carries too many mistakes.

Like some of the games last season i knew targett would get skinned and the opposition would get in behind us..a blind man could see it.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Where have you been TRO, not seen you much on here which is a shame as I enjoy reading your posts mate

Thanks

blimey, where have you been,Dave......I have posted loads.....particularly in the NSWE thread.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

to Ginger Beer.

Can be quite strong some of that. 😊

Dele Alli hasn't exactly been in great form over the last few seasons,  so maybe he wouldn't walk straight into a top team.  Apparently Madrid want interested.

We have obviously managed to convince Jack that there are exciting times ahead,  so why wouldn't  our extremely rich owners be able to do that to other top players. We might be a great place/ project for somebody like Dele to kick start his career. 

If Bale and James, world superstars,  are both going to teams without champions league football, particularity James. Then why wouldn't we be able to attract a Dele or a Barkley.

🍻🍻

33 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Not so sure on Arsenal, there defence will e worse than ours this season coming I think, or should I say there goal leakage to ours. I think they will still have problems at the back.

Everton may be ok. Not sure about the Hammers and Newcastle as it's about time Bruce took Newcastle on a bad run, he does it sooner or later everywhere.

Palace if I hadn't of gone and searched and seen the result of 11-10 or something like that with Bournemouth, you would think they were in trouble straight off but that was just penaltys wasnt it. They did however draw in that actual game with a side that has gone down, so that doesnt look good.

Leeds are the one and I'm sure anyone will agree here, that we all want them to bomb and go back down.

The Baggies-I hope they dont drop and they do ok, not that I'm a supporter I'm not, although my dad supported them when he was alive. The reason why I dont want them to go down is so we can raise the profile of the midlands and football within the region. It's important that we try to finally bring the midlands clubs up to the top and have the London clubs and Manchester clubs be the means best thing to us, it's something that down the line I hope is a dream that comes true.

Fulham well they will just go do a Fulham, or will it be doing a Villa ( yeah it was all daft that) just had to remind anyone who jumped on that wagon that they were daft and still are lol.

I've a good feeling that one of the top clubs are going to struggle this season, would like it to be man utd so they then can start complaining about Solskjaer and the fact they didnt buy Grealish, would be funny. Football is changing and I keep saying to myself  that some of those clubs including us have had to learn new ways in which to play, it's not just about buying the best anymore but you have to play as the best with the best. Bank balances are not good enough alone and I've a feeling that we will see someone or maybe two big names managers get the sack. I think if Lampard doesnt do good with what they have brought he would be straight out the door and that's when they come in for JT and I reckon hed go straight away, it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thanks

blimey, where have you been,Dave......I have posted loads.....particularly in the NSWE thread.

I've been on but not as much as was before because I'm currently trying to get some free coins from this poker game for walking dead road to survival lol and been playing Marvel Avengers.

Not the thread I know, but Everton will be knocking on the Champions League door this season. They have bought well recently and especially this window, suddenly everything has clicked. They easily dispatched Tottenham. They have bags of cash too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Not the thread I know, but Everton will be knocking on the Champions League door this season. They have bought well recently and especially this window, suddenly everything has clicked. They easily dispatched Tottenham. They have bags of cash too.

unimpressed spongebob squarepants GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Southampton were awful against Palace who weren't great. I think they're relegation candidates. They sold Hojbjerg and if Ings were to get injured they're in big trouble

Not just Ings get injured, Ings not score as many. 11 goals in 14/15 was his recent best till last season. 

Sheffield United have the air of second season syndrome about them I think, really hoping we come out firing v them.

We were pretty tentative in the 0-0 but we still created some decent chances and Henderson made some good saves. Win that and it will set us up nicely for the Fulham game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Agreed. They look very good