Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It’s honestly so complicated and we don’t have the figures published in the accounts to get a good idea.

I would be surprised if we spent more than say 130.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we spent the magical 100 that was in the papers 

I think we will go over 100, as I think we need another striker now definitely and most certainly an attacking midfielder, CB, LB.

Looking forward to Traore and seeing what he can do on the right, we just need someone to connect to Grealish and Traore who are on the wings.

So yeah I think if reports were true what was said by Grealish about our Owners is that we may see one big star name come in and who knows it could be the midfielder we need.

Edited by Dave-R

Well I was told over a month ago now by someone linked to the club that we could potentially spend more than last year. There was also the indication that we would break our transfer record more than once. Hence I posted in another thread that that I thought we would break it twice. It could also be though that we got our most expensive in early so that could go against that prediction. Or plans could just change. I think the owners will spend whatever is necessary not to repeat last year. If that means dipping into next years potential budget I don't see them worrying about it too much.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Well I was told over a month ago now by someone linked to the club that we could potentially spend more than last year. There was also the indication that we would break our transfer record more than once. Hence I posted in another thread that that I thought we would break it twice. It could also be though that we got our most expensive in early so that could go against that prediction. Or plans could just change. I think the owners will spend whatever is necessary not to repeat last year. If that means dipping into next years potential budget I don't see them worrying about it too much.

This would correlate with what was said on a podcast a couple days ago I guess.

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Someone posted on here but I cannot find the post I can't remember which thread it was in. We have the possibility to spend £240m but that means next season we have to sell to buy.

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Someone posted on here but I cannot find the post I can't remember which thread it was in. We have the possibility to spend £240m but that means next season we have to sell to buy.

Surely we won't be doing that though, we need to avoid the player turnover of last summer.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wasn't given figures or any specifics. Just a catch up chat, but as always I do, bend the chat to current club affairs lol. I was told the club wouldn't let Jack leave and they would spend more than last year if needed. Not that it means that's going to happen but it did put my mind at ease considering a week or so previous I heard Jack was in Cheshire from another normally genuine source. God.....I've turned into a F&**$£* gossip whore. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Surely we won't be doing that though, we need to avoid the player turnover of last summer.

I think we may add more then the 5 or 6 that most expected, if opportunities arise that we think will take us forward. The difference is we won’t have to throw all of them in at the deep end like we did last year. We’ll have players with much more PL experience and that will help enormously. Half the problem last year was that most of the lads had only just met, there was too many settling in and nobody there to help that process. Either way it won’t be 12 new players. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Think I have Been drinking to much. Thinking Dele Alli is starting to make sense. 

Big name, midfield signing that would be a big shock to us. 

Break our transfer record. 

I believe he's good friend's with Jack. 

Looks like his time could be up with Tottenham and sounds like they need to sell to make way for Bale.

His wages are reported £100000 a week so not out of our reach. 

I know probably shouldn't have drunk too much😩

2 minutes ago, markc said:

Think I have Been drinking to much. Thinking Dele Alli is starting to make sense. 

Looks like his time could be up with Tottenham and sounds like they need to sell to make way for Bale.

Change beer

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, markc said:

cheers GIF by SYFY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

It’s honestly so complicated and we don’t have the figures published in the accounts to get a good idea.

I would be surprised if we spent more than say 130.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we spent the magical 100 that was in the papers 

I agree Paul

38 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It was me. I was only going by what I heard on the Johnny Gould podcast. It is true, we have the head room to spend a huge sum but that doesn’t mean it will happen.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/jonny-goulds-football-channel/id1455281771?i=1000491372088

• Thanks 1

The Covid situation does give us a chance of kicking on, we have a lot of money and not many are spending ergo improving. We have a chance of really making some quality signings to accelerate the project.

The difficulty is keeping everyone happy and integrating 5-6 potential first team players. I don’t see us showing the fruits of the investment until 2021/2022 season though as we will take a while to click.

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Would not put us in that position if it's not needed. Let's think about the fact that if we spend just over hundred mill then we can more than get a few quality players who will do the job the ones faced at last season. I said on a number of occasions last season that if our frontline and midfield was working properly then we wouldnt of been in that position around relegation and in it.

In my book all we needed was our frontline and midfield sorted, our defence looked stupid because only Grealish before lockdown was working in front of them. I think for what our defence put up with last season they actually did remarkably well and I was god damn proud of them. How much in some games they were under so much pressure I honestly did not know how at least one of them didnt do a Rocky Balboa cry with Rant on there knees as if the worlds ended. Seriously our keepers along with the defenders we had in my book deserved a medal because it's been a long time since I seen any team of eleven players that for many games under bombardment at that level for that much time. Thing is our defenders came out there fox holes to fight and didnt run for cover, they gave it there all, the best they could.

After lockdown was when the magic happened, I do not think the defence or the keeper played any better than they did before lockdown happened. As always said to myself that the defence were already doing what was needed of them, just that the midfield and frontline positions were failing. Yes after the LD midfield and a few characters like Luiz, Hourihand and McGinn woke up and that was another few players that were supposed to be playing like they should of been all along joining in,that helped immensely, not to mention Grealish is still giving it a good going. So yeah it came down to a reality that it's just two positions who had not woke up and that's Samatta and Either Ghazi or Trez. Well Samatta slept throughout the season didnt he so that's him done and Ghazi just continued to struggle and look uninterested, so we had to rely on Trezegeut to wake up which he did, thank god. Trezegeut's goals helped us and along with ten other players on the pitch we nearly had a full working team. Ten positions working and awake giving it all they could and it was all just enough to cause some upsets not just relegating other teams but by get a couple big named wins.

I still believe that the defence and I live by what I said, that it's the least of our troubles and it's best to throw any money we have into the areas we need quality. For me the way our defence acted last season they were quality but I do not deny that a couple of additions to the defensive ranks wouldnt go a miss, it would be welcomed. You know I got shot down on here early before the window opened for saying how many players I thought we needed. People just thought it was going to be a small meager three players, but truth is we need more than that more like four to seven players. We have to take into account that some players who under performed would be sold and wed need replacements for that. There would be sales from players we were trying to get rid of. There would be sales from players out of contact most likely and once all that happens the gaps start to appear, not to mention the fact we need players anyway. I still say we need around 3-7 players a keeper, 2X2 strikers, attacking midfielder, a RW or two, a CB, a RB, a LB-(though not desperate), if you count all those that is 8 right there. Although we have signed some positions already I still believe we could see upto four more players joining and our spending could well go over 140 million. It seems quality is the target now and were highlighting players who can make a difference on the field. I think this will be a much different season that the previous, I'm looking forward to it to be honest from the current players staying put to the names just come in, to the potential players on there way, cant wait to see a villa play this season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Would not put us in that position if it's not needed. Let's think about the fact that if we spend just over hundred mill then we can more than get a few quality players who will do the job the ones faced at last season. I said on a number of occasions last season that if our frontline and midfield was working properly then we wouldnt of been in that position around relegation and in it.

In my book all we needed was our frontline and midfield sorted, our defence looked stupid because only Grealish before lockdown was working in front of them. I think for what our defence put up with last season they actually did remarkably well and I was god damn proud of them. How much in some games they were under so much pressure I honestly did not know how at least one of them didnt do a Rocky Balboa cry with Rant on there knees as if the worlds ended. Seriously our keepers along with the defenders we had in my book deserved a medal because it's been a long time since I seen any team of eleven players that for many games under bombardment at that level for that much time. Thing is our defenders came out there fox holes to fight and didnt run for cover, they gave it there all, the best they could.

After lockdown was when the magic happened, I do not think the defence or the keeper played any better than they did before lockdown happened. As always said to myself that the defence were already doing what was needed of them, just that the midfield and frontline positions were failing. Yes after the LD midfield and a few characters like Luiz, Hourihand and McGinn woke up and that was another few players that were supposed to be playing like they should of been all along joining in,that helped immensely, not to mention Grealish is still giving it a good going. So yeah it came down to a reality that it's just two positions who had not woke up and that's Samatta and Either Ghazi or Trez. Well Samatta slept throughout the season didnt he so that's him done and Ghazi just continued to struggle and look uninterested, so we had to rely on Trezegeut to wake up which he did, thank god. Trezegeut's goals helped us and along with ten other players on the pitch we nearly had a full working team. Ten positions working and awake giving it all they could and it was all just enough to cause some upsets not just relegating other teams but by get a couple big named wins.

I still believe that the defence and I live by what I said, that it's the least of our troubles and it's best to throw any money we have into the areas we need quality. For me the way our defence acted last season they were quality but I do not deny that a couple of additions to the defensive ranks wouldnt go a miss, it would be welcomed. You know I got shot down on here early before the window opened for saying how many players I thought we needed. People just thought it was going to be a small meager three players, but truth is we need more than that more like four to seven players. We have to take into account that some players who under performed would be sold and wed need replacements for that. There would be sales from players we were trying to get rid of. There would be sales from players out of contact most likely and once all that happens the gaps start to appear, not to mention the fact we need players anyway. I still say we need around 3-7 players a keeper, 2X2 strikers, attacking midfielder, a RW or two, a CB, a RB, a LB-(though not desperate), if you count all those that is 8 right there. Although we have signed some positions already I still believe we could see upto four more players joining and our spending could well go over 140 million. It seems quality is the target now and were highlighting players who can make a difference on the field. I think this will be a much different season that the previous, I'm looking forward to it to be honest from the current players staying put to the names just come in, to the potential players on there way, cant wait to see a villa play this season.

I mean, you've kept your post to a minimum Dave! Caught your breath yet?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

The Covid situation does give us a chance of kicking on, we have a lot of money and not many are spending ergo improving. We have a chance of really making some quality signings to accelerate the project.

The difficulty is keeping everyone happy and integrating 5-6 potential first team players. I don’t see us showing the fruits of the investment until 2021/2022 season though as we will take a while to click.

Yes it does seem like some clubs are being cautious and it's a great time for us as we could play catch up to many all in one season if clubs do nothing in terms of signing players. I think next season is going to be a surprising one, I've a feeling one club out of a few who was in trouble last season may very well be on there way down, there were a few clubs like Newcastle, Everton and Westham who at one point struggled and one of them will do so and be unable to pull themselves out of it. Have they done there transfer business wisely I do not know. Many of these club are there to just take up position and not provide a fight to the top half of the leagues it's about maintaining for them. I do not believe our Owners have maintaining a regular position on there mind, you can feel they want to win cups and leagues and we are so fortunate to have them, there stability, drive, pride and passion at Villa.