Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I can’t wait to sign Traore, just to see it upset the ‘special’ branch of our supporters.

If he signs we will ALL be behind him, goes without saying. If he's a success we love him, if not he will get grief.

I'm just grateful to have a great place to be able to interact with other supporters of my club, weather I agree with them or not, they have the right to post whatever they like.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This in bold actually pretty much trumps all the other moaning.

It also suggest he has a higher ceiling and that the management team feel they can improve him.

So:

- Better than current options NOW - check

- Higher ceiling and room for growth - check

- Improves the squad - check

Having a different opinion to you doesn't mean I'm moaning mate. Also, being better than Trezeguet doesn't mean we should spend 20m on someone or there'd be no need for a recruitment team - we could just go through the phone book. 

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Taking everything in to account, the Traore fee makes absolutely no sense at all, even at say 12m plus addons his wages would need to be 40k max for me for it to be a solid bit of business. At 20m+ and say 60k wages its a walkaway situation for me, surely this all has to be just media crap as usual. 

Is he worth getting? if yes, how much?

We need to take the figures in the media with a giant scoop of salt. Remember the first time Rashica was apparently done? It was supposedly 33m and the Bremen fans were delirious, then in Rashica Round 2 it was apparently an agreed fee of £20m :suspect:

I agree that £20m for a player that Lyon seemingly don’t want seems strange, which is why I think the media are completely guessing, and it’s probably much lower. Or maybe £20m will be the final fee if all the add-ons are paid, which would probably mean that Traore’s been a big success.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Having a different opinion to you doesn't mean I'm moaning mate. Also, being better than Trezeguet doesn't mean we should spend 20m on someone or there'd be no need for a recruitment team - we could just go through the phone book. 

The "moaning" element wasn't necessarily directed at you pal, just general concensus.

What i'm saying is that there are so many variables and different factors within transfers that I feel fans sweep under the carpet.

It's one of the reasons I posted the Levy video earlier in the thread.

Fans think it's so easy to create the perfect storm of

" Best player at lowest fees on lowest wages possible"

" Fan favourite and/or best player at current club"

" Excited to come to Aston Villa"

"Signed on the first day of transfer window to give maximum time to settle" etc.

Clubs in our current status are not going to pull off those types of transfers unless we go down the leagues or overseas. (And even if we do get those types from overseas it will have to be from "lesser" clubs.

For now, we will have to take some punts, and overpay in alot of cases hoping we strike gold.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If he signs we will ALL be behind him, goes without saying. If he's a success we love him, if not he will get grief.

I'm just grateful to have a great place to be able to interact with other supporters of my club, weather I agree with them or not, they have the right to post whatever they like.

You are kidding right?

We haven’t even signed him yet and the usual clowns have written him off based on the usual criteria (I.e. they signed him on FM and he didn’t do the business so must be shit in real life).

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You are kidding right?

We haven’t even signed him yet and the usual clowns have written him off based on the usual criteria (I.e. they signed him on FM and he didn’t do the business so must be shit in real life).

what i hate is these posters have a win win situation. they're the types to gloat if these players dont work out but get to give it the "love that i've been proven wrong cause villa doing well"

one or 2 were basking in the glory of our poor run last xmas cause they were seemingly proven right about smith

• Like 2

Just now, tomav84 said:

what i hate is these posters have a win win situation. they're the types to gloat if these players dont work out but get to give it the "love that i've been proven wrong cause villa doing well"

one or 2 were basking in the glory of our poor run last xmas cause they were seemingly proven right about smith

Honestly, I have serious reservations over whether they’re actually Aston Villa fans at all but I have no means to prove it.

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You are kidding right?

Not sure if you're capable of this level of understanding but this is a football forum. Strangely, some people on here like to watch football and have opinions on the players we watch. Obviously we should support the players once they're wearing our shirt

Just now, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Not sure if you're capable of this level of understanding but this is a football forum. Strangely, some people on here like to watch football and have opinions on the players we watch. Obviously we should support the players once they're wearing our shirt

It’s a football forum?

I thought it was mumsnet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1