Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Villarocker said:

Shit for THEM. Benteke was a hero at Villa, do you think Liverpool and Palace fans would hold him in the same regard? Just because a player does no good at one club it doesn't mean he cannot be good for another. Look at Salah's career at Chelsea and Liverpool for evidence of how a player can do better when moving on. 

The big difference he started out good, thus he was signed and expected to deliver. We're doing it in reverse. We are signing someone that's been poor and expect him to be good. 

26 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Not sure if anyone has replied to this, but on one of the Traore reports it said that he would have his medical in Denmark today. So maybe we’ve got a couple of bases set-up.

It makes sense to not have to bring a player to England before a deal can be completed, especially if we’re getting a player from somewhere closer to Denmark.... like Germany... (though Traore could get to England quicker than Denmark, so maybe we want to just tire him out so that he looks suitably annoyed for his press photos).

I have to be honest this is the first time I’ve ever heard of a player having a medical in a country different to the one where he is signing for a club.

Its also unusual that Lange is back home in Denmark at probably the busiest time of the year for him.

i think and hope that there is something else going on transfer wise that explains this. 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rayk said:

I have to be honest this is the first time I’ve ever heard of a player having a medical in a country different to the one where he is signing for a club.

Its also unusual that Lange is back home in Denmark at probably the busiest time of the year for him.

i think and hope that there is something else going on transfer wise that explains this. 👍

I thought the medical in Denmark was due to covid testing and not having to isolate when travelling to England? Unless that was bs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Someone mentioned Denmark is not on the quarantine list, so it may be quicker for him to do the medical there. Lange is probably there to tie up the end of that deal if so.

However, players having medicals in different countries happens more than you'd think, usually towards the end of the window when time is tight, if you've only a few hours to complete a transfer then flying someone in for the medical isn't possible.

Obviously this window brings about all kinds of new complications.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rayk said:

His medical is in Denmark as he needs a work permit to come to the UK. Hearing is today I believe mate

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Lyon fans have watched him in over 50+ games.

They say he's shit. Are their opinions not valid?

I think the majority football fans  cant recognise a good player when they see one.

They usually need to be told by  other supporters,a newspaper or pundit that someone is good before they make their mind up!

Are their opinions valid....yes.

Should you be making your mind up based on those opinions…..no!

24 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

If I remember correctly, the Lyon fans weren't keen on Carew either. Turned out okay.

And Lyon's star player now is Memphis Depay who was useless at Man. United.

If players were never signed because they weren't great at their current club you'd only have about 5 transfers worldwide a summer.

Traore has also played for Lyon at wingback, which, if his defensive game isn’t good, is obviously going to show him up.

Imagine if we threw El Ghazi into a wingback position. He would be the universal scapegoat, as opposed to the mild inconvenience that he is currently.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Someone mentioned Denmark is not on the quarantine list, so it may be quicker for him to do the medical there. Lange is probably there to tie up the end of that deal if so.

However, players having medicals in different countries happens more than you'd think, usually towards the end of the window when time is tight, if you've only a few hours to complete a transfer then flying someone in for the medical isn't possible.

Obviously this window brings about all kinds of new complications.

By moving to Denmark reduces his self isolation period. It means he can have his medical and visa looked at while eating into the 14 day isolation period.

If he spends 10 days in Denmark then only 4 days self isolation.

The only issue i can see with this is Denmark are now close to going on the quarantine list. Dont be surprised if traore goes to Sweden next before arriving !

If you travel from an exempt country but have been in a country that is not exempt within the past 14 days, you will need to self-isolate for the remainder of the 14 days since you were in a non-exempt country. If you transit through a country that is not exempt you will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Shit for THEM. Benteke was a hero at Villa, do you think Liverpool and Palace fans would hold him in the same regard? Just because a player does no good at one club it doesn't mean he cannot be good for another. Look at Salah's career at Chelsea and Liverpool for evidence of how a player can do better when moving on. 

Laursen when he was at Milan.  Played well his first season but lost his place to Nesta the next, then couldn't impress when he did manage to get in the side again over the next few seasons.  His stock plummeted as a result, which is why we were able to convince him to come to Villa Park.  Still is my favorite Villa player of all time. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

And Lyon's star player now is Memphis Depay who was useless at Man. United.

If players were never signed because they weren't great at their current club you'd only have about 5 transfers worldwide a summer.

Yeah, fans always miss this point. If Traoré had lived up to his full potential as a footballer he would cost 3 times as much and be on his way to Real Madrid or would not be leaving Lyon or would never have left Chelsea. We are able to land him because he is a limited player is some respects. Hopefully one day after some more success we are shopping in a different market but that isn’t happening now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Traore has also played for Lyon at wingback, which, if his defensive game isn’t good, is obviously going to show him up.

Imagine if we threw El Ghazi into a wingback position. He would be the universal scapegoat, as opposed to the mild inconvenience that he is currently.

Mild inconvenience? That impossible miss on Everton's goal line still does my nerves!

Edited by the_eristic

46 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Additionally to the players you've mentioned, look at Adama at Wolves. He had all the raw attributes to be a success, but when he didn't do it for us, or Middlesbrough, people questioned his attitude, his ability, everything. He moved to a team that suits his style of play and to a manager who coached him properly and now he's one of the best wide players in the league. Who's to say Bertrand won't do the same for us?

I think he’s rubbish - wouldn’t take him on a free. One trick pony

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The big difference he started out good, thus he was signed and expected to deliver. We're doing it in reverse. We are signing someone that's been poor and expect him to be good. 

Traore was good at Ajax, his first two seasons at Lyon were fine. It’s just his last season that was bad, and as it’s been mentioned, they seen to be playing him a wing back last season.