Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Yes i did.

But we have to support anyone wearing the villa shirt right?

No we don’t have to but let’s not hang someone like Traore before they even pull on the shirt based on someone else’s opinion when it is so obviously from a skewed and biased view point.

Bruce was given a fair crack by most ,despite the glaring reason not to, until he made us all hate football with his ineptitude and with his repeated after match nonsense we had to listen too. Even now I can’t stand to listen to him speak.

I personally have some concerns on this one in regards to it being a gamble but I think he has shown enough for me to have a reasoned belief in him becoming a success if he can get the right support and coaching.

53 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Mild inconvenience? That impossible miss on Everton's goal line still does my nerves!

I still cannot understand how he managed to create a backheeled clearance from inside a yard from the goal line. It was the ONLY place that ball could have hit him and it not go in. 

Rob Dorsett on SSN saying we have ended interest in Rashica as he believes it was Traore or Rashica and as we expect Traore to come in then we will no longer want Rashica.

I take this guy with a pinch of salt but we shall see. 

Edited by Mark_1989

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

Rob Dorsett on SSN saying we have ended interest in Rashica as he believes it was Traore or Rashica and as we expect Traore to come in then we will no longer want Rashica.

He's continuously said that we're limited in how much we can spend this summer due to FFP. It could be true or perhaps the club are trying to get that message across to clubs they're trying to negotiate with.

4 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

IF that is true, and I highly doubt it is. But in the event that it is, then it sounds like we wouldn't be moving Jack to the middle, so a new CM is a must. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I thought the medical in Denmark was due to covid testing and not having to isolate when travelling to England? Unless that was bs.

Quite possible but I thought the official reason given was that Lange wanted to,personally oversee the medical and because he was in Denmark that’s where it would be.

My question is why is he in Denmark atm rather than in the UK?

A lot of transfers this window will probably go to the wire as 1st choice players for a lot of clubs are waiting on the better teams coming in for them.

Should that not happen we will probably see the lesser clubs step in and cherry pick what they want.

2 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Well does it even make sense to buy Rashica at the moment give we have Grealish on the left, now Traore sounds better because he works the right flank right??

To be honest I'd be happy if the Rashica talk just ended it's doing me head in and do not want anyone at the club who does not want to be here..

We need a RW a midfielder a CB and could do with signing a second striker and then maybe let Samatta go.

• Like 1

Why have SSN just said that if we sign traore we will withdraw our interest in Rashica... is someone playing tricks on me or trying to give me cardiac arrest 😠 i would be outraged if it plays out like that . Rashica should be priority over Traore by a million miles so i hope its just stupid sources giving them false information. 

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well does it even make sense to buy Rashica at the moment give we have Grealish on the left, now Traore sounds better because he works the right flank right??

To be honest I'd be happy if the Rashica talk just ended it's doing me head in and do not want anyone at the club who does not want to be here..

We need a RW a midfielder a CB and could do with signing a second striker and then maybe let Samatta go.

This for me too...

However, Rashica will be leaving Bremen so it'll be interesting to see where he ends up...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Dare you to post that in the Rashica thread...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Sorry but no we really shouldnt take this approach .. this is not the way for us to go... grealish should be in the middle and a new player on the left and a new player on the right is essential because then you have mcginn and hourihane/lansbury besides him with luiz just behind, of course none of them players hourihane/lansbury should be starting for us . We need more players fresh additions on both sides and we know grealish is great in that position too. Two pacy wingers on both sides and grealish in the middle with watkins up top .. anything other doesnt make sense 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Why have SSN just said that if we sign traore we will withdraw our interest in Rashica... is someone playing tricks on me or trying to give me cardiac arrest 😠 i would be outraged if it plays out like that . Rashica should be priority over Traore by a million miles so i hope its just stupid sources giving them false information. 

I’m pretty sure Percy released an article earlier today stating we will still be after a winger and a striker after traore 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Nah, we were dire at winning balls in midfield, especially in the air. With a couple exceptions, the teams contesting fewer aerial challenges than us were the top sides stocked with higher quality all around and better able to press and/or keep the ball (and the two other poor teams tried the same approach, just sans the quality to do so). We also ranked poorly for tackles (oddly enough while having  statistically one of the best tacklers in the league in Freddie) and had the most blocked shots, meaning, as we all knew, it was too easy to get through to our defensive line and force them into action for most of the season. Sure, Doug elevated his game towards the end, but he, SJM and Jack all ranked among the poorest headers in the league, while most of our blocks and interceptions came from defenders, meaning if we can't outplay every team we come against on the deck for whatever reason (either due to superior quality or long ball tactics) or, assuming we do have sufficient quality now, one of those three lose form/get injured, we're likely to have issues. Someone who can come in particularly against many of the sides we need to overtake and take a few balls out of the air or win some physical battles before it gets to our backline would relieve a lot of pressure, not to mention offering more attacking threat on corners and set pieces.

gtCZyv.jpg

hAGZbQ.jpg

UborhC.jpg

Much the way, i see it.

28 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I would rather Rashica - but it looks a way off at the moment.

30 minutes ago, grobs said:

I’m pretty sure Percy released an article earlier today stating we will still be after a winger and a striker after traore 

Mmmm is he more reliable just asking as i dont know whos more reputable but im hoping he is 😩

7 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

What are you hoping to see @TRO? Do you want Grealish from the left and 3 midfielders (mcginn, Luiz, CDM 6"+) OR Grealish central alongside Luiz and another (Grealish, Luiz, CDM 6"+) meaning mcginn drops to the bench?  (Obviously, second scenario would see jack pushing much further forward than the other 2)

I only ask, because if it's the second scenario, it's something I've been thinking for some time now. As harsh as it seems on mcginn, if it meant putting a proper CDM in there alongside Luiz and allowing a front 4 to 'do their thing', I'd be all for it. 

The good thing for me, however, would be that it creates options and different ways to play. Which is something we didn't have last year and it showed. We were very one dimensional and it's why, I think, we were so easy to play against.

I see a lot of sense in that.

i think its difficult to have one way of playing unless your team is world class....so we have to change to meet the various opposing teams.....flexibilty will be key and create unpredictability in our play......i see a squad not a fixed eleven.

I would favour 4-2-3-1 in the main as our base formation...... with the 2 being holding players, luiz would be one who can join the 3 in attack when we have the ball, with the 6+ holding the fort and protecting mings and konsa against the speculatitve high ball......when we lose the ball luiz funnels back to join 6 + and marshall the defence in front of Mings and Konsa leaving them to be the last line.....when 6+ wins the ball he plays in one of the attacking midfielders and the sortie starts.....but we must remember, formations morph, during the dynamics of a game, so its no good us getting intransigent about formation.

moving as a block is key to this too, when pressing,no individual pressing.....pressing as a group or block....otherwise we get picked of with renegade players doing it on their own.

This season we have to play smarter without the ball and move in sync to deny the opposition.

I seen much improvement in our thinking post lock down, it was encouraging for me.

• Like 1