Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

Very, just cannot believe what were linked with imo its not moving forward i love the villa but this is frustrating me after last seasons rollercoaster.

Nobody should be disagreeing with you imo... there doesn’t seem to be any eagerness to get the right players especially with the links ... so we could be in for another rollercoaster if we dont play our cards right.. i haven’t given up but such is life

4 minutes ago, villan501 said:

We was dam lucky and you know it dont give all the plaudits to smith he was a car crash for 30odd games he dosnt react or see whats wrong and that is true ans you know it. Sat in the holte end before lockdown he was clearlt out of his depth.

No, I don't know it and I will give the plaudits to Smith. He's not perfect but he's also not a stuck in his ways dinosaur like Bruce or O'Neill. He admits when he makes mistakes and he clearly is always looking for ways to improve as a coach. It is blindingly obvious to anyone who saw our games post lockdown that Smith had been hard at work during lockdown. He knew the situation we were in and he obviously worked day and night to get it right and low and behold, he did it. There was no luck involved. So, yeah I will give him the plaudits and don't tell me not to. This is the man who has taken us from mid table in the Championship to surviving his first season as a top flight manager, whilst having his top keeper and striker out for half of the season, his second best player out or playing through injury for half the season and not to forget his heartbreaking personal issues.

Back to your original point. This window has been disappointing, SO FAR. It's not even close to being over yet. We're about to sign the Championship's top scorer, a player who will fit into our system perfectly. Who knows who else we will sign before the window closes? In any case, I'm not sure what that has to do with Smith any way. As for Purslow, I'm so glad we have him running our club. He's a very smart guy and has a ruthless streak about him too. The kind of guy you want on your side.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villan501 said:

So far this is an awful window. Last seasom newly promoted was going to be tough. If this is club showing us were looking to push on then sorry th club is deluded. Smith has zero clue on tactics and team selection and lange and purslow are complete jokers who couldnt negotiate if there lives depend on it.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fonz said:

After dipping in and out of here the past few weeks seeing you all tear your hair out at the lack of signings, i logged on expecting to see some happy posts for once.....clearly being too optimistic! The price we've paid is the cost of the top scorer in the championship these days, especially aged 24. The club clearly has a strategy. We'll get (and have already got) a lot of value elsewhere. We're not paying J-Rod wages. We're building a sustainable club with young, hungry players, a mix of british and non-british, players who fight for the shirt and not come for one last pay day. Have faith and trust in the team. 

Agreed. I am extremely excited at the prospect of signing Watkins.

7 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Very, just cannot believe what were linked with imo its not moving forward i love the villa but this is frustrating me after last seasons rollercoaster.

I get that but have you seen much of Watkins and Cash actually playing? They’re good players that will improve us. 

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

No, I don't know it and I will give the plaudits to Smith. He's not perfect but he's also not a stuck in his ways dinosaur like Bruce or O'Neill. He admits when he makes mistakes and he clearly is always looking for ways to improve as a coach. It is blindingly obvious to anyone who saw our games post lockdown that Smith had been hard at work during lockdown. He knew the situation we were in and he obviously worked day and night to get it right and low and behold, he did it. There was no luck involved. So, yeah I will give him the plaudits and don't tell me not to. This is the man who has taken us from mid table in the Championship to surviving his first season as a top flight manager, whilst having his top keeper and striker out for half of the season, his second best player out or playing through injury for half the season and not to forget his heartbreaking personal issues.

Back to your original point. This window has been disappointing, SO FAR. It's not even close to being over yet. We're about to sign the Championship's top scorer, a player who will fit into our system perfectly. Who knows who else we will sign before the window closes? In any case, I'm not sure what that has to do with Smith any way. As for Purslow, I'm so glad we have him running our club. He's a very smart guy and has a ruthless streak about him too. The kind of guy you want on your side.

He only fits in our system if we have decent wingers to supply him in the box 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We're also failing to address the fact the women's team needs a new GK. She was awful the other night.

thought the new one was injured? the new german girl was on the bench i think...she'll be first choice eventually. no need to panic on this one ;)

• Like 1

Just now, RicRic said:

He only fits in our system if we have decent wingers to supply him in the box 

I'm certain we will buy one or two wingers and Watkins is the type of striker who plays right across the front line. He doesn't necessarily rely on wingers supplying him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We're also failing to address the fact the women's team needs a new GK. She was awful the other night.

You successfully broke my focus on incomings into villa and refocused it to lady footballers running around starkers that i may or may not have seen in one of those avant garde movies.....😇 touche

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Bold part a)  But the fee is £28m?  Bold part b)  Who?

£28m rising to £33m. Off the top of my head, in terms of attacking players, Kevin Volland, Aleksei Miranchuk, Oscar Rodriguez, Ferran Torres, Suso, Yannick Carrasco, Mario Pasalic, Everton Soares, James Rodriguez, Stefano Sensi have all in recent days gone for far less than Watkins, and all have way more pedigree/quality. I'm not suggesting we should/could have signed all of these players. I'm just demonstrating that we're massively over-paying for a player who has never played in a top division, or even got an underage cap to his name - let alone a senior cap!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1