Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I must have missed the talk of Romero, seems strange to sign another keeper the same sort of age as Heaton.

Seems very weird if true, a loan I could understand maybe. I don't even rate him that much, hasn't he basically been a backup his entire career?

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Why get someone like Lange and McKenzie involved in your recruitment to buy 3 players Steve Bruce would have targeted? I don't get it tbh. 

Because there is short term and medium to long term approaches. We need players to have an impact this season so I think Smith is in a better position to drive this especially after last summer but I think the approach will chance after this summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

£ 8 million for Romero is a great bit of business tbf. That's some top class signing if true 

He's a really odd one to judge for me.

Looks decent for Man. United in his cup cameos but he hasn't played a full season in league for about 8 years now and that was in Holland. Was a back up at Monaco before joining Man.United and wasn't a regular at Sampdoria either.

Still hugely experienced with Argentina, 96 caps for them.

So potentially we are looking at the below...

GK - Romero (£8m)

RB - Cash (£14m)

ST - Wilson (£20m)

If we spent £42m on these 3 we would still have £58m for the rest of the team. That's if the rumoured £100m minimum is true.

We should be able to bring in some good players with that left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Welcome to the premier league. A world where West Ham sign Haller, Ajeti and Javier Hernandez for 60m in summer 2019 and they've already got rid of two of them. Or Everton signing Cenk Tosun for 25m and he gets loaned out to Palace 18 months later. That's just the mid table teams.

We certainly need better depth to our squad if anything to stop people crying about the 5 sub rule that may be kept for this season.

That's the thing, for me we don't need to improve the squad as much as we massively need to improve our starting 11.

So far the players mentioned for the most part makes our squad much better but our starting 11 only marginally better while costing us a huge amount.

But maybe that's where we are, we have money but are still not attractive or skilled enough to be more than a grey blob.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Seems very weird if true, a loan I could understand maybe. I don't even rate him that much, hasn't he basically been a backup his entire career?

7 league games since 2015. Played much more in the cups but was dropped for both SFs this summer so OGS dosen't fancy him when a trophy is on the line.

Would prefer Martinez tbh if there's still a chance.

• Like 1

I feel if we get in Wilson, we know what we’re getting. A good average Prem striker. So, he’s only in to do a short term job. From what I’m seeing from the signings is Villa are looking for players that have potential to be better than the Wilson level. But, before they’re at that level. 

could Watkins be better than that level? I’m not sure yet, especially at £28m. Closer to 20m seems where Villa are valuing the the risk 

20M is a lot to pay for 

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I feel if we get in Wilson, we know what we’re getting. A good average Prem striker. So, he’s only in to do a short term job. From what I’m seeing from the signings is Villa are looking for players that have potential to be better than the Wilson level. But, before they’re at that level. 

20M a lot to pay for a short-term signing who will have limited resale potential. I'd spend the extra 8M and get Watkins. *Presuming all the figures quoted are accurate.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well no the idea is to have about 4-5 senior strikers for cover unlike last season. 

No club in the league have 5 senior strikers. Especially not anyone who play with a 1 striker system.

Our problem is that we haven't got 1 good one. Quality not bulk.

• Like 3

Page 750-770 on this thread was one the bleakest things i've ever read.

In the next 5 pages it breaks that we are signing Matty Cash, and potentially a England International Striker with a proven track record + a decent keeper for relatively cheap.

And people are stilling moaning somehow. Madness. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1