Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Local paper in Leicester is saying we are leading the chase over Newcastle for inanacho

Still not sure on him, over 70 games for them and 9 goals....

But maybe Tammy is out of our league?

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Local paper in Leicester is saying we are leading the chase over Newcastle for inanacho

Would hope we're aiming a little higher than Inanacho. 

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Levante are said to be demanding £27m for reported AVFC target Jose Campana.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-jose-campana-18701407

12 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Alot of money for a 27 year old

A LOB from the Birmingham Mail

If theIr headline read ''It's raining all day'' I would have to go outside and check !!!!

Do yourselves a favour and don't even bother reading/clicking on it

Sadly, It's a pale shadow of a rag it used to be

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Whoever did this is crazy! leaving Update Cookie Settings on the bench? MAD! I would start him instead of Sanson 

Have to admit that is funny as hell..

How do you know it wasn't the new subs bench layout and update, cookie and settings are not three new players, then who will you drop from first eleven in favour of those three exciting young skilled Technical talents???

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’m just not convinced he’s (Wilson) any better that what we have, even his goal scoring. He looks to have had one good season at this level out of five.  It’s a No from me

9E46E954-FAD3-407C-82BD-647DB1781A1D.jpeg

Edit: I was confused.

Edited by Rolta

13 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Is this meant to be the Wikipedia of 23 year old Harry Wilson?

Don’t know whether you are joking?  It’s Callum’s stats seeing as we are talking about strikers  

• Like 1

Five goals and four assists in 960 minutes of premer league football for Iheanacho this season just gone, that's just under eleven games worth, so a very good return. If we're insistent that we want a striker with premier league experience we will do well to find better, he's young as well so can improve.

Edited by useless
He also scored four in four in the EFL cup and one in two in the FA cup.
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Alot of money for a 27 year old

It's going to be quite tricky to sign players from Spain at the moment too I'd have thought.  We can't really show them round Bodymoor Heath or Villa Park and do the medical here if they have to quarantine.  I suspect it'll be the same for a few more countries soon too.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t know whether you are joking?  It’s Callum’s stats seeing as we are talking about strikers  

Yeah at the end of the FA cup final I suddenly realised what was going on there. Lesson learnt here is don't pick up fag ends of a conversation. In my defense before I went out earlier people were talking about the other Wilson! (At some point). 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Five goals and four assists in 960 minutes of premer league football for Iheanacho this season just gone, that's just under eleven games worth, so a very good return. If we're insistent that we want a striker with premier league experience we will do well to find better, he's young as well so can improve.

I really liked Iheanacho when he broke through at City, but he’s so far failed to live up to his early hype. Been a bit unlucky as played second fiddle to Aguero at City and then Vardy at Leicester, but even so his goals return is pretty poor.

Seeing as we need a striker who is a proven goalscorer, I’d be disappointed with this unless Iheanacho was signed in addition to another goalscoring striker which I don’t see happening.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’m just not convinced he’s (Wilson) any better that what we have, even his goal scoring. He looks to have had one good season at this level out of five.  It’s a No from me

9E46E954-FAD3-407C-82BD-647DB1781A1D.jpeg

To be fair, he’s generally got 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 every season apart from this one, for a struggling Bournemouth team for the most part. He’s obviously had a bad season, but it’s pretty likely he’d get into double figures for us based on his stats if he stayed fit.

Would still prefer other strikers though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

Just listening to views on Buendia and he isnt rated as highly as I thought. I also thought he was a left sided player, hence the suggestion he could be a Grealish replacement. The consensus was that he has disappointed this season and his limitations exposed, and he is only 5’8”

Haven’t watched him closely this season but he was a star of Norwich’s promotion season (along with Pukki).

Any one seen enough of him for an opinion? Where would he fit in - competition fo the 3rd midfield berth with Hourihane? Winger competition? Starting 11 or squad player?

Some of these type of players are ok in the championship, but get taken out too easily in the Prem.....can we keep taking so many gambles.

we need players who we are reasonably sure can cope with the arduous play.

Edited by TRO

Iheanacho's goals to minutes ratio in the premier league is actually very good, works out to 21 goals in 44 games worth of football, he also has 16 assists in that time as well. Sometimes that's the kind of data you have to look at when you can't go out and spend £60m on a striker, or a striker worth that much might not want to join, last Summer Ings didn't look like a great signing, but again his goals to minutes ratio was very good, and the same with Jiminez at Wolves, wasn't a great goal scorer, but had a good goals to minutes ratio.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2