Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

They’re want silly money for him too. Leicester want to offload to make signing of their own but paid big bucks to City for him. Hence why he was offered to us in Jan. 

I agree. I don’t think we are interested. He really does not suit the way we play. I think it’s paper talk 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

Other than Danny Ings - I don't see who that could be.

For want of a better phrase we seem to have had our fingers burnt with the overseas unknowns (Wesley and Samatta) - so don't see a big fee overseas striker...

Imo Tammy would have a lot of suitors and command a massive wage......

So you're down to calumn Wilson and inhemnacho ....

Save my money and not bother with either of those.  No use spending money for the sake of it and wasting on either of them.

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

Other than Danny Ings - I don't see who that could be.

For want of a better phrase we seem to have had our fingers burnt with the overseas unknowns (Wesley and Samatta) - so don't see a big fee overseas striker...

Imo Tammy would have a lot of suitors and command a massive wage......

So you're down to calumn Wilson and inhemnacho ....

There's lots of proven goalscorers overseas that would be a meltdown level signing.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

There's lots of proven goalscorers overseas that would be a meltdown level signing.

I think the villa hierarchy are nervous about another big fee overseas striker......

Rightly or wrongly I think they want someone UK based.

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Inenacho and Sokartis?🤦🏽‍♂️

They are both better than what we've got.

When we're getting 50 + points in a season we can turn our noses up at that sort of player but we fell short of even a point a game and conceded nearly 70 goals so worth keeping things in perspective. Our better defensive run was about 4 games so very small sample.

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Good player 

The story the tweet cites says that Bologna is in the lead because Bologna has told him they plan to insert him into the starting 11 right away. Having seen a lot of Bologna's defense this year, I can certainly see why they're willing to try an 18-year old. :)

Edited by VillaHatesMe
  • Like 1

I reckon it was tammys last game for chelsea tonight

rumour floating around arsenal forums that they have made an enquiry about him

If we can get him he is gonna cost 40+m and at least 100k a week...not so sure i like those figures

• Like 1

Tbh I don’t know why Abraham or even Iheanacho would join us. For both it’s a pretty big step down. 

Incidentally I wouldn’t want Iheanacho. He has a pretty dire goal record for club and country and there must be a reason he never finds favour wherever he is.

Edited by Spoony

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is he a left back?

I believe so but he's very two footed, so he could even be a RB who has ended up a LB just as there was a first team spot there.

He's great, but not physically ready for the PL yet I don't think. A year more of him playing in the SPL and he could come down as first choice fullback on either side.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I believe so but he's very two footed, so he could even be a RB who has ended up a LB just as there was a first team spot there.

He's great, but not physically ready for the PL yet I don't think. A year more of him playing in the SPL and he could come down as first choice fullback on either side.

It would make sense to bin off Taylor and try to get a young LB in. Given Hearts have gone down they need the money. Targett will remain first choice but he'll pick up injuries so Hickey could get about 10 prem games and more in the cups.

If we're seriously interested I think he'd consider the move.

• Like 2