Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Iheanacho's goals to minutes ratio in the premier league is actually very good, works out to 21 goals in 44 games worth of football, he also has 16 assists in that time as well. Sometimes that's the kind of data you have to look at when you can't go out and spend £60m on a striker, or a striker worth that much might not want to join, last Summer Ings didn't look like a great signing, but again his goals to minutes ratio was very good, and the same with Jiminez at Wolves, wasn't a great goal scorer, but had a good goals to minutes ratio.

Danny would have been a player to interest me, when he was leaving Liverpool.

we need someone with some pace and devilment up front.

I like Iheanacho too.

Edited by TRO

20 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I really liked Iheanacho when he broke through at City, but he’s so far failed to live up to his early hype. Been a bit unlucky as played second fiddle to Aguero at City and then Vardy at Leicester, but even so his goals return is pretty poor.

Seeing as we need a striker who is a proven goalscorer, I’d be disappointed with this unless Iheanacho was signed in addition to another goalscoring striker which I don’t see happening.

You only need to look at the fall off in performance levels for Leicester when Vardy is not playing. It’s a no from me. I would possibly be tempted by Demarai Gray at the right price. Really want Sarr though

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I'd happily take Iheanacho, looked decent everytime I've seen him and he's an improvement on what we have, be a lot cheaper than Tammy as well 

Yeah I'd take him if he cost £5m. But he won't, he'd cost £30m.

We need some pace up front as well, Iheanacho isn't particularly quick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah I agree

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think it would be closer to the 20 million mark which would be worth it, we need someone we know can score in this division and won't break the bank which he potentially is. 

I'd take Iheanacho as one of 2 new strikers if the price was right. Not as a main striker or more than 15m. Also, as he couldnt play against Villa, half his goal tally would be wiped out.

35 minutes ago, useless said:

Iheanacho's goals to minutes ratio in the premier league is actually very good, works out to 21 goals in 44 games worth of football, he also has 16 assists in that time as well. Sometimes that's the kind of data you have to look at when you can't go out and spend £60m on a striker, or a striker worth that much might not want to join, last Summer Ings didn't look like a great signing, but again his goals to minutes ratio was very good, and the same with Jiminez at Wolves, wasn't a great goal scorer, but had a good goals to minutes ratio.

Those are amazing stats

• Thanks 1

In terms of minutes Iheanacho barely played 10-11 games worth of minutes and still had 5 goals and 4 assists. Aslong as the fee wasnt too far north of 20m then i think its worth a punt personally, still only 23 and has already shown he can score in this league.

12 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I think it would be closer to the 20 million mark which would be worth it, we need someone we know can score in this division and won't break the bank which he potentially is. 

Are you sure? Leicester paid 25m for him.  While things haven’t worked out perfectly for him, I doubt they’ll sell him for 20m

Just now, nick76 said:

Are you sure? Leicester paid 25m for him.  While things haven’t worked out perfectly for him, I doubt they’ll sell him for 20m

Papers mention 25 to sell 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I'd take Iheanacho as one of 2 new strikers if the price was right. Not as a main striker or more than 15m. Also, as he couldnt play against Villa, half his goal tally would be wiped out.

Yeah but I just doubt he would move from Leicester to continue as 2nd or 3rd choice elsewhere...

14 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Papers mention 25 to sell 

Still wouldn’t take him, I don’t think he’s better than what we’ve got and I don’t think he’s worth even 20m

21 minutes ago, paul514 said:

As a Leicester fan...... what do you think of him?

Personally I think Gray is pretty poor, 10 goals and 11 assists in 132 games, yes a fair few were as a sub but still he has never got more than 5 goal contributions in the league for us since we signed him in 2016, Barnes in a season and a bit has nearly already matched Grays entire goal contribution

He really hasn't developed much as a player, if at all since we bought him, he has skill and pace but honestly he has no football brain at all, a lot of times he would take players on and just shoot from outside the box (when from memory I think he has only scored outside the box for us once)

This summer he will either be sold or get a new contract as his current one ends next summer and they are unlikely to want to let him leave on a free, wouldn't surprise me if he went for between £10m and £15m, apparently Spurs have some interest in him

Edited by Fox1884

21 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I am a Leicester resident and most of my neighbours do not rate Iheanacho. Do you?

After this season I personally do rate him as a squad player for us, I think Rodgers has found the way to get the best out of him, 4 goals and 5 assists in 960 minutes is a great return for us and I will be honest and admit in some of the games where he has been subbed off it was a massive mistake on the part of Rodgers as he was usually one of our best players on the pitch at the time (4-1 defeat to Bournemouth is a great example of this)

There are rumours that we are looking at strikers this window (Edouard, Muriqi, Jovic) but I think it depends how Rodgers will want to set us up next season, if he wants us to play with 2 up top I can see Iheanacho staying and fighting it out with the new signing to be Vardys partner, if its 1 up top I can see him being sold to make way for another striker who is more capable of playing the lone striker role

Price wise I could see us looking to get between £20m and £25m for him as he is still only 23 and definitely does have the talent to succeed in the right team

Edited by Fox1884
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1