Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, jim said:

Ino wots his face, Giroud and Wesley would be a decent trio to have in rotation.

Unless they are moving to Chelsea that isn’t going to happen seeing as Giroud has just signed an extension to his contract

9 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

After this season I personally do rate him as a squad player for us, I think Rodgers has found the way to get the best out of him, 4 goals and 5 assists in 960 minutes is a great return for us and I will be honest and admit in some of the games where he has been subbed off it was a massive mistake on the part of Rodgers as he was usually one of our best players on the pitch at the time (4-1 defeat to Bournemouth is a great example of this)

There are rumours that we are looking at strikers this window (Edouard, Muriqi, Jovic) but I think it depends how Rodgers will want to set us up next season, if he wants us to play with 2 up top I can see Iheanacho staying and fighting it out with the new signing to be Vardys partner, if its 1 up top I can see him being sold to make way for another striker who is more capable of playing the lone striker role

Price wise I could see us looking to get between £20m and £25m for him as he is still only 23 and definitely does have the talent to succeed in the right team

I'm warming to the idea of him coming here at that price.

2 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

After this season I personally do rate him as a squad player for us, I think Rodgers has found the way to get the best out of him, 4 goals and 5 assists in 960 minutes is a great return for us and I will be honest and admit in some of the games where he has been subbed off it was a massive mistake on the part of Rodgers as he was usually one of our best players on the pitch at the time (4-1 defeat to Bournemouth is a great example of this)

There are rumours that we are looking at strikers this window (Edouard, Muriqi, Jovic) but I think it depends how Rodgers will want to set us up next season, if he wants us to play with 2 up top I can see Iheanacho staying and fighting it out with the new signing to be Vardys partner, if its 1 up top I can see him being sold to make way for another striker who is more capable of playing the lone striker role

Price wise I could see us looking to get between £20m and £25m for him as he is still only 23 and definitely does have the talent to succeed in the right time

Similar to my Leicester mates, who seem to like his improvement  this season but say it looks rosier on the stats and surface than underneath.  

They want a second striker behind Vardy and happy to have Iheanacho as third striker and around the squad, they’d prefer him not to be second striker.  

They said after watching the Villa, if we are to improve in the striker department we shouldn’t be looking at him as our first striker he’s just not that player yet and quite far away from that.  

They said they’d love us to pay 20m for him and they would be getting the better part of that deal.  They honestly thought we should look elsewhere if we only had 20m because he’s not what we need.

8 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Fixed.

If Stones is so good, how come even during a CB crisis last season, Man City still didn't trust him? And even now when they are short by at least 1 CB, there's rumours he's not wanted. He a shocking defender. At 47 million, I'd argue that's the worst transfer of all time. Wouldn't go anywhere near him.

So I take it Southgate will be taking Mings, Konsa and Hause to next years Euro's and leaving Stones at home?

Of course he won't he will be going and potentially starting. He is an upgrade on what we have and should be considered in the unlikely event we have a chance of signing him.

Just now, nick76 said:

Not for me in the slightest after talking to my Leicester mates.

That's fair enough from what I have seen and the stats that were highlighted it seems a good deal at 20

Just now, paul514 said:

That's fair enough from what I have seen and the stats that were highlighted it seems a good deal at 20

I think we’d just be buying at best a similar level to what we’ve got which is pointless. We should be looking for the next step up.

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

He's far better than Wesley, Samatta and Davis

Well he is better than Samatta and Davis that is for sure.

Probably better than Wesley but who knows he may come alive after setting in.

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

You only need to look at the fall off in performance levels for Leicester when Vardy is not playing. It’s a no from me. I would possibly be tempted by Demarai Gray at the right price. Really want Sarr though

Yeah,  I'm with you on Sarr, think he should be one of our top wide targets this window. We need someone with pace and he has it in abundance, will score goals for us too. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Well he is better than Samatta and Davis that is for sure.

Probably better than Wesley but who knows he may come alive after setting in.

and Wes was playing in a relegation battle in his first season in a foreign season whereas Iheanacho was pre lockdown playing in the third best team in the country (shame they faded away).

Wes can’t really be judged until next season but still had 5 goals in half a season

8 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

So I take it Southgate will be taking Mings, Konsa and Hause to next years Euro's and leaving Stones at home?

Of course he won't he will be going and potentially starting. He is an upgrade on what we have and should be considered in the unlikely event we have a chance of signing him.

He only picks Stones because he plays for one of the top 6. Mings is better than him and Konsa will be in a year (if he isn't already). Stones is not a good defender. What about his game has impressed you? He looks like there's an error in him every time the ball goes near him. Sorry, but we can get twice the player for half the money if we do our research correctly.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Iheanacho's goals to minutes ratio in the premier league is actually very good, works out to 21 goals in 44 games worth of football, he also has 16 assists in that time as well. Sometimes that's the kind of data you have to look at when you can't go out and spend £60m on a striker, or a striker worth that much might not want to join, last Summer Ings didn't look like a great signing, but again his goals to minutes ratio was very good, and the same with Jiminez at Wolves, wasn't a great goal scorer, but had a good goals to minutes ratio.

Iheanacho in 2019/20

xG per 90: 0.54
xA per 90: 0.24

For context, our leaders in those two categories

xG per 90: Wesley 0.36
xA per 90: Hourihane 0.33

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yeah,  I'm with you on Sarr, think he should be one of our top wide targets this window. We need someone with pace and he has it in abundance, will score goals for us too. 

Yeah think he would be great and only 22 but Watford paid 30m for him so he could be very expensive.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah think he would be great and only 22 but Watford paid 30m for him so he could be very expensive.

I don't care if we have to pay similar its such an easy decision to put the bid in he is exactly what we need

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Iheanacho in 2019/20

xG per 90: 0.54
xA per 90: 0.24

For context, our leaders in those two categories

xG per 90: Wesley 0.36
xA per 90: Hourihane 0.33

So Wes’ chances in front of goal are harder by my rereading of the xG classification. I had thought it was his goal scoring prowess but it’s more how easy the chances are when he does strike.