Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Is there any reason to think Tuanzebe would cut it in the PL as a ready made CB? I have a feeling we're just gonna end up with a more expensive Konsa if we go for him. 

I think that Tuanzebe is easily good enough for the Premier League, he showed that during his loan spell with us. We gave him regular football, I don’t see him getting that at Man Utd any time soon 

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that Tuanzebe is easily good enough for the Premier League, he showed that during his loan spell with us. We gave him regular football, I don’t see him getting that at Man Utd any time soon 

That's the thing isn't it? He showed it in the Championship, not the PL. I don't think you can definitively say a player is easily good enough for the PL by watching him performing in a vastly inferior league.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

That's the thing isn't it? He showed it in the Championship, not the PL. I don't think you can definitively say a player is easily good enough for the PL by watching him performing in a vastly inferior league.

I think you can, a Grealish, Mings, Tuanzebe, McGinn and Abraham  were just taking the mick in The Championship for us in my opinion 

16 hours ago, thabucks said:

With the numerous links to our players with moves to Turkey if not BS then I’d like To see us use them as bait towards one of the following players - Muriqi, Sorloth, Abdülkadir Ömür (next Turkish Messi/Bernardo Silva)  or maybe even cheeky bid for Ugurcan Cakir? We need a striker, x2 wingers. A Declan Rice is what we need in CM ... He does like the villa 🤔obviously is not gunna happen but a tall robust technical CDM to compliment McGinn & Luiz. Oh and no doubt jack’s replacement(s)... We have so much resting on Sunday & McGrath I hope we do it UTV!

Trez price will be rising now with this form, just looking at some of the Turkish squads and it's a whole host of journeyman that play for these clubs....Falcao, Feghouli, Skrtel, Prince Boateng etc.

Just looking at Fener and seen they've got Luiz Gustavo. DM with 41 caps for Brazil and played for Bayern Munich, Wolfsburg and Marseille in last five years. That's the sort of type I'd like at DM, someone with vast experience (he's 32) who can do a job for a season or two for us.

7 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Like what I've seen of buendia, but is he a winger or more of a Grealish replacement?

I think we should close this thread untill Sunday evening so as not to tempt fate.

In terms of style he's very similar to Jack actually. Plays as number 10 but can drift out wide no problem. I think he's a very realistic signing if we stay up and I don't think he'd be that expensive either, would expect him to be in 15-20m range.

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I don't want to hope, but if we stay up I think we also need a striker, welsey won't be fit for the start of the new season and we need more options up front.

So imo we would need a DM/MC, two wingers and a striker minimum.

Would probably need two midfielders, 2 wingers and a striker tbh.

Would still add a CB to the list. Given Engels has totally disappeared from the 18 again it suggests he's off and we obviously don't want Hause starting 25 league games next season. Konsa-Mings looking good now but it could easily fall apart if Mings does a hamstring like in December. An experienced head at the back would be good and they won't cost that much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Is there any reason to think Tuanzebe would cut it in the PL as a ready made CB? I have a feeling we're just gonna end up with a more expensive Konsa if we go for him. 

I like Axel but I don't think we can get a guaranteed 30 games per season out of him judging from his injury record.  There is probably better value elsewhere.

• Like 2

If we stay up, I’d loan a defender to be as cover/rotating with Mings and Konsa. Would be happy to keep Engels and Hause to play some part.

I think Championship players showed their worth, while people underestimate them. 

Grealish, Mings, McGinn, Tammy, Mount, Maupay, Cantwell, Buendia, Konsa and the same Hourihane in the two divisions.

People might argue about Grealish as he had his moments 3-4 seasons ago, but still. 

I think we should target Championship players but carefully. Won’t mind abroad too. We just have to be careful with top teams rejects. 

Would be a good addition if we stay up to help solidify the midfield. Others are interested tho. Somewhat of a Youri Tielemans or John Fleck type. Not much defensively but would help offset the likely loss of Jack in attack.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Wasn't he injured last season? It makes much more sense for us to go for him now assuming you guys don't come up and we don't go down. 

He was injured, but only missed a few matches, and since then he's been on fire, so he won't go on the cheap. 

6 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I know Brentford are playing well, I know Benrahma has had a great season. But if you don’t get promoted you won’t be getting £40 million for him. That’s the ceiling of his price even if you come up.

I think you could find that there are a couple of London clubs interested who would pay £30 million + for him, you are correct about £40 million, that's just pie in the sky and pure fantasy, that comes from newspaper and web journalist with nothing better to write about, so they make it up!!!!

12 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I think you could find that there are a couple of London clubs interested who would pay £30 million + for him, you are correct about £40 million, that's just pie in the sky and pure fantasy, that comes from newspaper and web journalist with nothing better to write about, so they make it up!!!!

Just curious, if you had to sell one of them, who would you rather Brentford sold out of Benrahma and Mbuemo?

55 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Would be a good addition if we stay up to help solidify the midfield. Others are interested tho. Somewhat of a Youri Tielemans or John Fleck type. Not much defensively but would help offset the likely loss of Jack in attack.

Really good player. One of the better I have seen in the Champo. Quite few years but really kicked on  now.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Just curious, if you had to sell one of them, who would you rather Brentford sold out of Benrahma and Mbuemo?

Obviously I hope all our players stay, but to answer your question I would rather Benrahma be sold because at just 20 years old Mbuemo is going to be the real deal this next season, whispers are that we have found another Algerian who is as good as Benrahma, if not better.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Obviously I hope all our players stay, but to answer your question I would rather Benrahma be sold because at just 20 years old Mbuemo is going to be the real deal this next season, whispers are that we have found another Algerian who is as good as Benrahma, if not better.

I hate your scouts. 😢

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would still add a CB to the list. Given Engels has totally disappeared from the 18 again it suggests he's off and we obviously don't want Hause starting 25 league games next season. Konsa-Mings looking good now but it could easily fall apart if Mings does a hamstring like in December. An experienced head at the back would be good and they won't cost that much.

Engels is injured,

2 hours ago, jonjon said:

I think £30 million is about right if you were to come up and we’re interested in selling him. Or if a bidding war started, which is possible. I agree wholeheartedly with the newspaper stuff.