Viljami Sinisalo

HanoiVillan

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

It’s been a while since we’ve produced a decent GK. I’m struggling to think of the last decent one. Bosnich maybe? Although he was really developed by Man U not us!

Now that’s an interesting teaser. Wasn’t Michael Oakes the last keeper who consistently made the bench/first team who came through the youth set up?

Myhill had a successful career but erm not with us lol. Clutching at straws here. 

I suppose it’s comparable to most Prem’ teams tho: which other teams consistently produce excellent goalkeepers for their first team rather than going out and buying them? 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

29 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Now that’s an interesting teaser. Wasn’t Michael Oakes the last keeper who consistently made the bench/first team who came through the youth set up?

Myhill had a successful career but erm not with us lol. Clutching at straws here. 

I suppose it’s comparable to most Prem’ teams tho: which other teams consistently produce excellent goalkeepers for their first team rather than going out and buying them? 

Sunderland have had a few I think. 

Edit. When I think about it maybe it's only Pickford. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion and I know I sound like a broken record but I think he’s excellent, the way he commands his area. His shot stopping is great too, mind you I thought Sarkic had a chance too :( 

I bet you think he's shit when Barca make a £100m offer though😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently Sarkic is the better keeper by some distance, but he is 4 years older.

I'd have liked Sarkic to have been our cup keeper tbh as i think he needs games to push on.

Seems a strange call to recall him from loan and then sign another senior keeper.

Dont understand the point of recalling him if we plan to let him leave in the summer.

Also firmly believe letting him go would be on par with letting Cahill go, i think he is that good.

• Like 1

how many top flight clubs have goalkeepers that come through the ranks. It's very rare. Most of the time, we can help develop them, and they can be a cheap number or two, or sell them on for a modest profit. Can't imagine that's going to change anytime soon, but good luck to the lad

5 hours ago, M_Afro said:

It’s been a while since we’ve produced a decent GK. I’m struggling to think of the last decent one. Bosnich maybe? Although he was really developed by Man U not us!

Nigel Spink was rather good. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Problem is only 1 goalkeeper can play at each time, so its pointless keeping them around for there sake as well

Sarkic and Sinisalo are 2 fantastic young keepers, I think it would be a mistake to get rid of either of them, mind you I thought that about Easah Suliman and Mitchell Clark :(

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

It's difficult for keepers - outfield players tend to start their "proper" careers at nineteen or twenty and play from there, but a keeper is still a babby until he's in his mid-twenties - because of that, they tend to move more when they're young and not end up at a bigger club until they're older. I like both Sarkic and Sinisalo - I'm not sure either will be in our first team any time soon.

On 11/02/2020 at 06:59, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Myhill had a successful career but erm not with us lol. 

Weve had a few come through the academy that have gone on to have decent careers 

Wayne Henderson, Elliot parish and Robert olejnik off the top of my head

• Like 1

Â