Viljami Sinisalo

HanoiVillan

14 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Viljami looks happy for such a skinny chap.

You sound a little jelly there, Tuco. I say, good for him while I wistfully look back at my teenage years, before realising how awkward they were, make myself feel embarrassed and return to the comfort of my 30s. 

16 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I used to deliver his newspaper. True story 😀

Played in the same cricket team as Nige myself, he was a very good fast bowler and could have played cricket professionally as well in my opinion, had he not been such a good footballer. Nice bloke too.👍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Weve had a few come through the academy that have gone on to have decent careers 

Wayne Henderson, Elliot parish and Robert olejnik off the top of my head

Wayne Henderson had a brother as well, he went through a few Championship teams, found he is at Palace at the moment

Siegrist was another

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Wayne Henderson had a brother as well, he went through a few Championship teams, found he is at Palace at the moment

Siegrist was another

My old school friend Lee Hendrie & Tommy Burchill's Academy friend Adam Rachel (Goalkeeper) is now an Academy Coach at Tamworth

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Trouble with Goalkeepers, its so difficult to for them to gain experience. Top teams wont trust goalkeepers until they have decent experience.

Which is probably why we see late developers. You always hear pundits saying keepers arent ready until they are 25 or older, but this is because they don't get a chance due to keepers playing on close to their 40s when most other positions early 30s is when the downwards spiral begins. 

Even us, we had 2 keepers in their mid to late 20s but we decided to get a close to aged 40 Reina in instead.

Young players at big clubs get hyped, so it makes it easier for the likes of Scott Carson and Sam Johnstone to become first choice at clubs like Villa, when in reality better keepers were already on the books in both cases.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2020 at 10:51, lexicon said:

You sound a little jelly there, Tuco. I say, good for him while I wistfully look back at my teenage years, before realising how awkward they were, make myself feel embarrassed and return to the comfort of my 30s. 

Why would I be jelly to a tall good looking 18 year old future star football player? 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
Â