Viljami Sinisalo

HanoiVillan

Just now, useless said:

Being linked with Celtic and Bayern Munich by the 'Sunday People'.

Would either he or Onodi be worthy of being 3rd choice, maybe 2nd in the near future?

No idea how good they are but Onodi impressed vs Liverpool.

I think Viljami Sinisalo is the higher rated of the two at the moment, was first choice keeper last season with Ayr at a decent level, and they had a very good defensive record whilst he was in goal, he's a Finland U21 international and Cutler has said that he rates him as one of the best young keepers in Europe.

Without having actually seen a lot of him, I'd imagine he's good enough to be our No.3, but another loan would probably do him good as best thing at this stage would be to get as much experience as possible, if he does well next season at a better level than the Scottish Championship, he might be seen as being good enough to be our No.2 keeper.

I think we will try and find Onódi a loan club this coming season, as I imagine the plan will be to play Filip Marschall for the U23s, with Zych and Joshua Lane getting more time for the U18s.

Sam Lewis has also been offered a scholarship a year early, so he will probably be involved at U18 level as well, not sure if he's played for the U18s but he's already made a few appearances on the bench.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Think it was him in the training photos yesterday? Looks like him and Chuk are mixing with the first team now. 

Yes, apparently highly rated. Ahead of Onodi in the pecking order.

I imagine the Deano and Cutler are considering whether Sinisalo is capable of stepping up into the first teams squad this season, as it will save us paying out to replace Heaton. A first team squad with Martinez, Steer and Sinisalo might be how we line up this season.

Think it makes sense if he's highly rated to bring him through as 3rd choice. If everything goes well, he won't even need to feature on the bench apart from a few cup games and will be learning day in, day out from Cutler, Martinez and co.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skarroki said:

Think it makes sense if he's highly rated to bring him through as 3rd choice. If everything goes well, he won't even need to feature on the bench apart from a few cup games and will be learning day in, day out from Cutler, Martinez and co.

Completely disagree. He needs some more time out on loan. If he impresses we can bed him in as 2nd choice. But you don't keep an 18 year old as 3rd choice for a position where most likely he will get 150 minutes in a season. 

40 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Completely disagree. He needs some more time out on loan. If he impresses we can bed him in as 2nd choice. But you don't keep an 18 year old as 3rd choice for a position where most likely he will get 150 minutes in a season. 

He's had time out on loan, he's impressed. Would you rather he goes on loan again and we bring in a goalkeeper as 3rd choice, another Mark Bunn, likely on more wages than what Sinisalo is on? 

I'm almost certain that he will go back out on loan, he hasn't learned all he has to learn in one season in the Scottish Championship with Ayr United, he's much better going out and getting more experience hopefully at an higher level than he was at last season rather than being our third choice. Only way he stays is if they think he's already good enough to be our second choice, keeping him as the third keeper might save some money, but it wouldn't be fair on him or I imagine be good for his development.

Also have to rememer that we've got a lot of other keepers in our academy to give game time to, so it's not as if there would be much scope to give him games in the academy sides, as that will be used to give the younger players more experience.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

He's had time out on loan, he's impressed. Would you rather he goes on loan again and we bring in a goalkeeper as 3rd choice, another Mark Bunn, likely on more wages than what Sinisalo is on? 

Yes. Because he needs game time to develop further. If he isn't playing regularly send him out on loan. We can recall him if Martinez gets injured and we think he is good enough to get regular game time. But Martinez can and will play pretty much every minute next season. You don't waste a players development especially not one as highly rated as him for 3 games of backups and an extra mil a year. 

• Like 2

I agree. If he's that highly rated, we should see the third keeper's wages as an investment in to Sinisalo's future. Steer will get the cups. The third choice keeper won't get a sniff. He is unlikely to usurp Steer's second spot for at least another 2-3 seasons, so let him get some proper match experience at the highest level we can give him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

Absolutely I’d want another experienced keeper to come in and loan him out where he’ll get game time. Even the likes of city bring in someone like Scott Carson, the importance and experience of that third keeper is important to a squad and game time for the youth is also beneficial.

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

What was the point getting rid of Heaton if all were going to do it bring another keeper in so soon lol

We didn't get rid of Heaton. He wanted to leave because if he was going to be a backup he might as well do it at the club he supports. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Dave-R said:

What was the point getting rid of Heaton if all were going to do it bring another keeper in so soon lol

Went of his own free will nothing we could do unfortunately, obviously wanted to get back to the NW.

Ideally we need to get Viljami back out on loan either back to Scotland or lower league English team absolutely no point in him being a third choice keeper here. If we are using a third choice keeper means we are in the shit and rhey need to be experienced.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

We didn't get rid of Heaton. He wanted to leave because if he was going to be a backup he might as well do it at the club he supports. 

I know he wanted some first team footy before his days are over, that's understandable but can UTD reallypromise that to him or will give it to him.

I think we should of just kept the guy.

Â