Viljami Sinisalo

HanoiVillan

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I know he wanted some first team footy before his days are over, that's understandable but can UTD reallypromise that to him or will give it to him.

I think we should of just kept the guy.

Help Me Reaction GIF by Travis

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I know he wanted some first team footy before his days are over, that's understandable but can UTD reallypromise that to him or will give it to him.

We couldn't have kept him. He new he could no longer get the wages he wants as first choice. So he joined the club he supports as 2nd or 3rd choice (probably 2nd with how hard united are trying to move de gea) rather than be backup to a player who is arguably in the top 5 keeper in world football and is seemingly indestructible. 

I can understand the merit of sending him on loan again, and if a club in the Championship / top end of League One came in and said he'd be their 1st choice keeper for the season I'd be tempted to change my opinion on this. If he's got an offer to go out to the 2nd division in Scotland again, however, I'd hope we politely reject those kind of advances.

However, as it stands we have Martinez, Steer and then a list of youth keepers. This lad seems highly rated by our staff and looks to be top of that list of youth keepers, as the only one in training with the 1st team at present.

It would be a shame to sign someone like a Carson / Grant / Bunn level of Goalkeeper. They will be on decent wages and at a level where you'd hope they never make the bench, let alone the starting XI. If an 18yo isn't getting near the team then that's fine, they're playing and developing behind the scenes.

Agree to disagree on this one, I get where everyone who disagrees with me is coming from but I personally would rather a lad of high potential stay with our team and coaching staff.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Would have been more than happy with him as 2nd choice personally but out of our hands. He could end up 3rd choice at manure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2021 at 18:57, Rich192 said:

Mark Kerr? Bloody hell, that makes me feel old. Didn’t realise the midfield dynamo had gone in to management. 

First signing on CM02.... every time.

Edit: Damn, I'm old.

Edited by MrBlack

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Strog said:

Looks likely to be our 3rd keeper this season. I know very little about him so what do our youth team experts think?

He is extremely highly rated by our coaches, I'm sure I read somewhere that they rate him amongst the best young goalkeepers in Europe.

Time will tell I suppose.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

He is extremely highly rated by our coaches, I'm sure I read somewhere that they rate him amongst the best young goalkeepers in Europe.

Time will tell I suppose.

We seem intent on developing our youth so hope this fella progresses 🤞

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Few teams need a first XI keeper next season.

Championship might be a bridge too far but Preston, Sunderland and Albion all need a keeper.

Portsmouth and Peterborough do in League One.

Be good to get in as high as they think he can go. He's got the size for those divisions, just needs the experience now.

Think we will see Marschall being our number 3 keeper this season then. Seems to be a good process in place. A season on loan and then a season learning with Cuts at BMH . 

Good luck to Sinisalo. 

Â