Viljami Sinisalo

HanoiVillan

I've been to see Burton a couple of times and the regular fans I've spoken to say he's been really poor. 

In the match I saw, a 3-3 against Charlton, he was arguably at fault for getting lobbed twice by being too indecisive. 

Let's say he's 'learning' but making some mistakes along the way. 

A team fighting relagation like Burton don't want to risk him.

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

I've been to see Burton a couple of times and the regular fans I've spoken to say he's been really poor. 

In the match I saw, a 3-3 against Charlton, he was arguably at fault for getting lobbed twice by being too indecisive. 

Let's say he's 'learning' but making some mistakes along the way. 

A team fighting relagation like Burton don't want to risk him.

Gosh, is it me, or were we playing Burton in the league not to long ago?

That was the league wasn't it, as well as the league cup?

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Gosh, is it me, or were we playing Burton in the league not to long ago?

That was the league wasn't it, as well as the league cup?

We had them most recently in the cup a couple of years ago. 

We played them two years on the bounce when they made it to the championship. Pretty sure we actually went 1-0 down at VP when Jamie Ward scored a scissor kick before coming back.😬

Ridiculous, really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, May-Z said:

We played them two years on the bounce when they made it to the championship. Pretty sure we actually went 1-0 down at VP when Jamie Ward scored a scissor kick before coming back.😬

Ridiculous, really.

Lest we forget. How we had fallen.

I can see him being sent to a decent conference side this month, a side in good form to build his confidence again.

37 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Lest we forget. How we had fallen.

I can see him being sent to a decent conference side this month, a side in good form to build his confidence again.

Would be better to send him back to Scotland again rather than that. Or even better still, to actually go to a European side. Dunno why we always send players down the pyramid when other PL sides utilise links with sides in decent-but-not-great European top flights. 

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Would be better to send him back to Scotland again rather than that. Or even better still, to actually go to a European side. Dunno why we always send players down the pyramid when other PL sides utilise links with sides in decent-but-not-great European top flights. 

Somewhere like Scandinavia be good for him as can get a pre season in as well

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Because they’re either not good enough for clubs in these leagues or they’re good enough but its just simpler to loan them to the many available clubs in the championship and get them more used to English senior football rather than sending these kids far away from us to a club on the continent. Last thing we’d want is a case of homesickness jeopardizing a loan

On Sinisalo, there are not going to be many if at all decent-but-not-great European top flight sides who’d want to take on and start a keeper who failed at league one.

I do think that we should be looking to loan youngsters, not just senior players to the other top 5 leagues though. If we have a player who is too good for the championship, but perhaps not good enough to get regular game time for us, he can continue his development in a club in one of these leagues. Don’t think we have a young player at that level yet though. Iroegbunam is probably the closest.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

8 hours ago, May-Z said:

Ridiculous, really.

Ross Highgate got the winner, Boxing day game

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Somewhere like Scandinavia be good for him as can get a pre season in as well

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

On Sinisalo, there are not going to be many if at all decent-but-not-great European top flight sides who’d want to take on and start a keeper who failed at league one.

The guy will soon have experience of international football as Finland's future #1; is it really so unbelievable that there's a team somewhere in the top flights of either Norway, Sweden, Finland or Denmark who need a keeper and would be interested in Finland's future main goalkeeper for a year or two?  

We need a partner club in europe for guys like him. Leicester have a link up with club in Belgium so if he was coming through there I bet that's where he'd be ending up.

Saw highlights of Morecambe 5-0 Burton  and their other keeper was at fault for at least three goals so he's no better.

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

The guy will soon have experience of international football as Finland's future #1; is it really so unbelievable that there's a team somewhere in the top flights of either Norway, Sweden, Finland or Denmark who need a keeper and would be interested in Finland's future main goalkeeper for a year or two?  

I agree with you he would get a club to come in for him from those leagues. Its just, I don’t consider those leagues to be at a decent level. Furthermore, what’s the point of sending him to those poor leagues when we already have a lot of lower league clubs here that we could send him to?

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I agree with you he would get a club to come in for him from those leagues. Its just, I don’t consider those leagues to be at a decent level. Furthermore, what’s the point of sending him to those poor leagues when we already have a lot of lower league clubs here that we could send him to?

I'm not sure they're actually worse than the National League, which is what was suggested upthread. If it were one of the top teams, he might get some early-rounds European games as well. 

Sure, if there's another League One side who would actually play him, then better off doing that, but we don't want to repeat the Burton situation, and he might have some black marks in the eyes of English managers at this stage. 

This is what Leicester did with Daniel Iversen:

Daniel Iversen - Wikipedia

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2018– Leicester City 0 (0)
2018–2019  Oldham Athletic (loan) 42 (0)
2019–2020  Rotherham United (loan) 34 (0)
2020–2021  OH Leuven (loan) 5 (0)
2021  Preston North End (loan) 23 (0)
2021–2022  Preston North End (loan) 46 (0)

OH Leuven was the partner team in Belgium I was thinking of. Ironically that was the loan he played the fewest games in although from memory he picked up an injury.

Started with Oldham in league 2, Rotherham were either bottom end championship/top end league one when he played there and he had two brilliant seasons at mid table Preston.

Actually surprised he hasn't broken through at Leicester yet given how much they were conceding in first 10 games.

So probably Sinisalo going to league 2 club would be logical move. Walsall actually need a keeper as they haven't been naming one on the bench lately.

• 2 weeks later...
Â