Villan4Life

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think they are sinking down the table. Toney has been a bit of a Premier League flop one goal from open play and well no prizes for guessing who that was against 😂

17th is a very good season for them though.

They'll build again with some clever additions no matter what happens.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They'll build again with some clever additions no matter what happens.

That's no guarantee. They won't always get their signings right. It doesnt matter what moneyball system they use nothing works 100% of the time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

That's no guarantee. They won't always get their signings right. It doesnt matter what moneyball system they use nothing works 100% of the time. 

No but theirs probably work 90% of the time and when you're spending <ÂŁ7.5m on almost every player it's quite incredible.

On 07/11/2021 at 08:49, Zatman said:

I think they are sinking down the table. Toney has been a bit of a Premier League flop one goal from open play and well no prizes for guessing who that was against 😂

I think Norwich and them will both get relegated. Its a long old season and we have lost our last 5 and yet are only 2 points behind them. 

Honeymoon period over me think.

Even back when they were doing well and everyone was hyping them up I still had them going down.

Squad is just not good enough. If Frank manages to keep them up he has done a phenomenal job.

Edited by villalad21

They were still playing very well recently in fairness and had Liverpool, Chelsea and Leicester all in a row as home games.

Losing back to back to Burnley and Norwich is big reality check though. Newcastle away next up is massive away for both. Fancy them to win that actually as all the pressure will be on Howe and Newcastle.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They were still playing very well recently in fairness and had Liverpool, Chelsea and Leicester all in a row as home games.

Losing back to back to Burnley and Norwich is big reality check though. Newcastle away next up is massive away for both. Fancy them to win that actually as all the pressure will be on Howe and Newcastle.

Every team should be desperate to send Newcastle down. Everyone should up their levels against them. 

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Question marks about why he is ok to play in this league when he cant in Italy for health reasons!

Not all Serie A teams dont have access to a specific medical equipment that clubs in Netherlands or England have. It might be a defibrilator or something similar 

Would love to see him back on the pitch, think Eriksen wants to just play at world cup and perhaps he may retire afterwards.

However it must be safe for him to resume and can anyone really be 100% given what he went through last June?

I presume years back Muamba had a pacemaker fitted but it was decided he shouldn't come back to play at top level.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Question marks about why he is ok to play in this league when he cant in Italy for health reasons!

It's a rule in italy that you cant play if you have a pacemaker. That rule isnt there in england or the Netherlands. 

The pace of the PL would be a huge factor surely? I think he should seriously consider counting his lucky stars he has a second chance and take a step back from playing and go the badges/manager route. Think he’s being an idiot imo. 

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

The pace of the PL would be a huge factor surely? I think he should seriously consider counting his lucky stars he has a second chance and take a step back from playing and go the badges/manager route. Think he’s being an idiot imo. 

Obviously the doctors have told him its safe to play.  He had an incident where his heart stopped. Now he has a pacemaker so that can't happen. I assume he can go about his normal life now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's a rule in italy that you cant play if you have a pacemaker. That rule isnt there in england or the Netherlands. 

It’s really shocking that a rule doesn’t exist. 

I wish Eriksen all the best - I just worry that this will be a step too far for him. 

34 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Obviously the doctors have told him its safe to play.  He had an incident where his heart stopped. Now he has a pacemaker so that can't happen. I assume he can go about his normal life now. 

I get that, but are pacemakers designed to cope with regular high intensity physical/contact sport in mind? I don’t think so and I personally wouldn’t be willing to find out if my pacemaker was up to it.

I just think it’s incredibly risky and with the money he has got and a second chance at life given to him, just my opinion, but I think he is being a little bit stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I get that, but are pacemakers designed to cope with regular high intensity physical/contact sport in mind? I don’t think so and I personally wouldn’t be willing to find out if my pacemaker was up to it.

I just think it’s incredibly risky and with the money he has got and a second chance at life given to him, just my opinion, but I think he is being a little bit stupid. 

For me its also probably the wrong league. A slower paced league would be better to try and test yourself before

Â