Villan4Life

38 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Well he has burnt his bridges on the elusive Brentford to Aston Villa transfer 😂 

He might fancy a juicy 25k a week 4 year deal when he inevitably fails where he is now

if he could just go through the pockets of his fellow teammates before the transfer he could be statue material on the two sides of the ground that are open 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He's got stones, I like him. No different to when Deeney tries to rile us up, and he's an actual Bluenose! I like Deeney too. 

spacer.png

18 hours ago, useless said:

It's not just any sign I think it's related to the small heath hooligan gang, 'the zulus' I think they call themselves, could be seen as incitement.

'A Birmingham City hooligan threw a smoke bomb at Leeds United supporters and made a 'Zulu' hand gesture during a violent clash during a league match at Elland Road.'

Yorkshire Evening Post

For a better explanation you’re probably best looking at Birmingham Leeds 1985

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Didn't realize it was a hooligan symbol. Thought it was just some goofy SHA shit like KRO.

Yeah, I suspect had that been a higher profile goal, player and opposition set of fans he’d be banned for games. Look at what just happened with Nice and Marseille.

If it had been some sort of anti-Utd Leeds hooligan gesture at Old Trafford, or Milwall West Ham shit, we’d be hearing a LOT more about it. He’s probably lucky that it’s not 2004, when we actually gave a small shit about Blues. If the fans in the Holte had realised what he was doing, it could have seriously kicked off.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

Imagine "kicking off" because someone makes a hand gesture. Stupid of him to do, but it's not the 80s, fellas. Who gives a ****. Anyone liable to start swinging punches at a football ground needs their head checking. 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Imagine "kicking off" because someone makes a hand gesture. Stupid of him to do, but it's not the 80s, fellas. Who gives a ****. Anyone liable to start swinging punches at a football ground needs their head checking. 

Of course, but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If you had lived through that period and seen the liberties taken on Aston Villa normal supporters by this group you would have a totally different opinion. Some of us in the 80s were a direct victim of it so please do not brush it under the carpet because believe you me it happened and it was **** awful

I am not talking about a few slaps either  I’m talking about glassing, blades, People put in long-term hospital, comas you **** name it

God help you never find yourself in one of these positions, plenty did 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, bobzy said:

FYI etc.

Grade A idiot. Takes a special breed to throw a notorious hooligan firms symbol and not know any details about why it would be hurtful and upsetting to those it impacts. Something something about footballers and intelligence. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Grade A idiot. Takes a special breed to throw a notorious hooligan firms symbol and not know any details about why it would be hurtful and upsetting to those it impacts. Something something about footballers and intelligence. 

To be honest, I reckon his agent just said something like "if you score, do <Zulu sign> for a laugh".  I doubt Toney knows anything about it.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Enemy no.1 now just like the melts crying over Bamford every week.

Idiotic I’ll informed reaction on a subject many  of a certain age have horrible memories of, nothing like Bamford 🤦‍♂️ 

I hope Toney looks into the meaning of the symbol, reflects and apologies. I’m all for banter and giving the fans stick, heck, I’d rather have Deeney doing fake tears when scoring over someone dropping a symbol for violent thugs - intentional or not. Spend 5 minutes on Wikipedia for the the Zulus and you will realise it ain’t funny or clever. 

• Like 4

Regardless of whose idea it was, or how it came to happen, it is extremely stupid for a professional footballer to be making a hand gesture that belongs to a group of hooligans. Forget that it's anything to do with Villa or Blues or anything else, there's absolutely no reason for a player to be inciting the crowd at a football match like that.

He's a complete **** moron for doing it, simple as.

• Like 1

Â