Relegation thread

Knutserov13

56 minutes ago, useless said:

Archer, Wright, Odutayo, Philogene-Bidace are the players who've been playing as wingers for our U23s this season, Vassilev can play on the wing as well.

Can Louie Barry or is he more of a striker?

I think Barry is more of a striker than a winger, albeit from the very brief highlights I've seen of him it seems he's the kind of striker that likes to drift wide and cut inside, so could probably play as a wide forward I imagine.

• Like 1

Sadly think we'll be down before the final rounds of the season.

Think we'll continue to be mediocre and we really need the other crap teams to not keep picking up points 

I'd be very surprised if we end up on more than 35 or so points, and that might be pushing it tbh.

1 minute ago, joshharris12 said:

Confirmed 

Lol. We're not going down because Brighton got a last minute winner against Arsenal.

If we go down, it's because we have failed abjectly at getting those kinds of wins ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Sadly think we'll be down before the final rounds of the season.

Think we'll continue to be mediocre and we really need the other crap teams to not keep picking up points 

I'd be very surprised if we end up on more than 35 or so points, and that might be pushing it tbh.

I'd still be surprised if we were down before the West Ham game. If we're on 34 points that would mean likes of West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth all to be on 38 points.

If we can't even manage to get to 34 points given the re-set then that would be a pretty horrendous run from the minute we scored last minute v Watford. Can't really say how DS would have a good case to remain in his job given we'd go down with a whimper.

I'm expecting us to take things to the last day at least.

I would guess that Arteta being questioned after their game today will counter with something like " We were playing against a team fighting for their lives"......Which is fair comment.....Rodgers probably saying something similar.

pity we can't do that.....just hoping now they prove me wrong against Chelsea.

We certainly could have done without those two stoppage time goals at Watford and Brighton. For me, if we can get another 12 points from our remaining 9 games, the five clubs that are currently above us, will have all had outstanding finishes to the season, if we don't end up above two of them.

It's not going to be easy to get the points that we need and if we don't get them then the odds will be against us staying up, but we've got 9 games to get them from, so let's not right off our chances of staying up just yet. 

We're 6 points behind Brighton. 

I'm not even sure we'll get 6 points between now and the end of the season unfortunately

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

We're 6 points behind Brighton. 

I'm not even sure we'll get 6 points between now and the end of the season unfortunately

I agree. We could well end up on 20 something 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, John said:

We certainly could have done without those two stoppage time goals at Watford and Brighton. For me, if we can get another 12 points from our remaining 9 games, the five clubs that are currently above us, will have all had outstanding finishes to the season, if we don't end up above two of them.

It's not going to be easy to get the points that we need and if we don't get them then the odds will be against us staying up, but we've got 9 games to get them from, so let's not right off our chances of staying up just yet. 

I know its a cliché.....but its all about us, now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I agree. We could well end up on 20 something 

That would like mean we'd not have won a game since mid January. Indeed considering how awful we were in the weeks before we'd have won something like 2 games since November. It wouldn't be far off the form we had from November 2015 until end of that season.

Would anyone on here really want DS to continue getting relegated in that manner? I could live going down on the final day as that would at least mean we've shown some fight and won some games in the run in.

Edited by VillaChris

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Can't see us getting more points than Watford or West Ham between now and the end of season. We could get more than Bournemouth, but 18th is probably the best we can hope for. We certainly aren't catching Brighton now.

What? You know each game on the fixture list actually has to be played, you can’t just go through the list and say “right we’re down”.

Have a look at every relegation run-in ever - it won’t follow the form book. There will be surprises. Previously solid teams will crash and burn, while lost causes will suddenly find form.

We’re still in with a decent chance of staying up, and, crucially, it’s still in our hands.

• Like 1

I am going to be negatively positive. We r almost certainly going down. We have not been good enough this season and I see nothing changing.

I do though feel that the worm has turned. After years of decline due to awful management, we are now making much better decisions. I back us to win the Championship next season and then to go on and re-establish ourselves as a PL force.

Sadly this must be without Dean who despite being a top man is not capable of effectively managing the biggest and best team in the Midlands.

UTV