Relegation thread

Knutserov13

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

This Arsenal team is still a far better team than us. 

Someone tell that to Brighton. And Norwich. And Bournemouth. None of them lost at home to Arsenal. Arsenal have won the same number of away games as we have.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

This Arsenal team is still a far better team than us. 

Yeah they are on paper

In reality they don't want it! They're a much better version of what we were under Lerner, players head have gone and new signings or manager changes etc isn't going to change it, they've got a massive rot problem from top to bottom

Everyone has a chance vs them 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tony said:

3 wins, 3 draws, 3 loss puts us on 38 points which I think will be enough and is doable from the games remaining. Only game I don’t expect we have a chance of getting anything from is Liverpool. 

I am not so sure. If they have won the league by then we will probably face something more like the team we beat in the cup. 

Edited by sidcow

57 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am not so sure. If they have won the league by then we will probably face something more like the team we beat in the cup. 

They will want to beat Man. City's 100 points from 17/18 so think they'll remain fairly strong until the last 3 games when they'll give likes of Mane and Salah extended break due to the shorter pre season.

57 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They will want to beat Man. City's 100 points from 17/18 so think they'll remain fairly strong until the last 3 games when they'll give likes of Mane and Salah extended break due to the shorter pre season.

You honestly think that? I think they'll be far more concerned about none of their big players getting injuries with what will be a quick turnaround for the new season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You honestly think that? I think they'll be far more concerned about none of their big players getting injuries with what will be a quick turnaround for the new season. 

Yes.

In any case I doubt they'll put an under 18 team in premier league, do rules actually allow that? They beat full strength Everton in the cup with mixture of fringe players and some of their better young players.

2 games we've been set up for a 0-0. we will go down unless we sort our game plan. does smith have such little faith in our attackers that he just wont let us attack?

If we get relegated we should look to change manager. Dean Smith at his time here has not shown growth in terms of tactics and style of play.

We may be in better shape in terms of FFP & rebuild. We could get £30m + for Grealish. Mings we could get £20m and that’s just two players.

21 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

It's genuinely hilarious that this was a game pencil marked for a result 🤣

Every game needs to be marked for a result. The teams around us are beating better teams (see Brighton v Arsenal).

I’ve lost all hope now. We are down. 

I never thought I'd say this but I wish my father didnt bestow this team on me. 35 years supporting this horrific excuse of a team and all I have to show for it is a Milosevic screamer 25 years ago. I dread when they play and feel even worse afterwards. I wouldnt wish this team on my worst enemy.

Newcastle is last chance saloon for me. West Ham and Bournemouth have really tough away games so to me it will be our last chance for a while to get ahead of both.

Yes our team is s*** but we need some big performances from Mings and Grealish and we could still win and that would still keep us in the fight.