Relegation thread

Knutserov13

On 07/06/2020 at 14:56, jackbauer24 said:

Well in the grand league table we're only three places above them so probably not a massive leap to suggest there's not a huge amount of difference between the quality of the two teams. Also have no idea how the 3 x 30min sessions worked, who played and whether our best was ever up against their best. They say results don't matter in friendlies but that's even more the case in this glorified training session.

Still think we'll be relegated mind!

Where's your fight spirit?

me too.

I think we have the talent to stay up.....I don't think we have the fight to.

I am obviously hoping I am totally wrong.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think we can too!

Hell Yeah, And I think we can beat Chelsea next Sunday. The demise of Aston Villa has been greatly exaggerated

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Hell Yeah, And I think we can beat Chelsea next Sunday. The demise of Aston Villa has been greatly exaggerated

Agreed. We aren't going down. Imo. 

11 hours ago, meregreen said:

Sheffield Utd played a pre Premiership resumption friendly against Barnsley, they lost 2-0. We can beat this lot.

If we do the right things we certainly can.

We nearly beat the best team in this league, why because we applied ourselves for 89 minutes......without our best player.

We can beat any team in this league......if we apply ourselves correctly, apologies for labouring the point, but I firmly believe, thats all it is.

one game at a time.......Grrrrriiiiiinnnndddd it out.....seige mentality, will have us in this league next season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, meregreen said:

Sheffield Utd played a pre Premiership resumption friendly against Barnsley, they lost 2-0. We can beat this lot.

What was their 11 out of interest (if it's available). Paper today predicted they'd go with McBurnie and McGoldrick upfront. I think we'd contain that o.k. Problem is when concentration flags in last 20 minutes without playing so long and they put on Lyse Mousset (their quickest striker by a long way) and Billy Sharp who showed last season v us he is fantastic at finishing off scrambles in the box from corners and crosses.

• Like 1

A new season starts on Wednesday. What happened earlier, needs to be put behind us. All that now matters, is what we do in the forthcoming ten games.

We're in a mini-league of six clubs and we need to be ahead of three of those clubs, by the end of the season. Everyone starts with a clean sheet on Wednesday. We haven't lost a game or conceded a goal so far. The teams we face will be starting afresh as well.

Would we really have considered Sheffield United favourites to win at Villa Park, had we played them last August? We can finish above three of the current bottom six, let's do it! :flag:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

What was their 11 out of interest (if it's available). Paper today predicted they'd go with McBurnie and McGoldrick upfront. I think we'd contain that o.k. Problem is when concentration flags in last 20 minutes without playing so long and they put on Lyse Mousset (their quickest striker by a long way) and Billy Sharp who showed last season v us he is fantastic at finishing off scrambles in the box from corners and crosses.

That is an interesting aspect to the game, it's why we need to press home an advantage early on and score a few goals.

Later in the game is when we blow it, we need to have a decent lead.

• Like 1

Same as a lot of these games, nothing official out there. People claiming it was all Blades reserves but nowt confirmed about.

I do know Barnsley have changed formation to kind of a diamond under Struber, so not a nice open 4-3-3 that their 3-5-2 will cut to ribbons.

On 12/06/2020 at 19:59, TRO said:

Where's your fight spirit?

me too.

I think we have the talent to stay up.....I don't think we have the fight to.

I am obviously hoping I am totally wrong.

this for me. there are too many players signed last summer that just aren't up for the fight. if we send luiz to the stands, and to never have him put on a villa shirt again, i'd say we have a chance.

Excited about the remaining games. It’s good to have some Premier League Football back.

I am optimistic because this is like a 2nd season. Just a mini tournament. The players should be better in terms of communication, understanding and tactics.

The excuse of gelling together is now void.

We now can really see what these players are made out of at this level bar Grealish, Mings & McGinn.

The Brighton & Hove Independent, asked the people at Football Manager 2020 to simulate the remainder of the current campaign.

Link: https://www.brightonandhoveindependent.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/where-brighton-west-ham-and-aston-villa-will-finish-premier-league-according-football-manager-2884579 

They won't have been too happy, with their following conclusion:

15 - Bournemouth - 42.

16 - West Ham - 39.

17 - Aston Villa - 38.

18 - Watford - 37.

19 - Brighton - 34.

20 - Norwich - 33.    

image.jpeg.0cd496e27fd4b0eda8833172883e4628.jpeg

• Thanks 1

How anyone can possibly think that we wiill stay up is beyond me, we're probably more likely to finish below Nowich than outside of the three, by every possible measure we've been one of the very worst teams. But then again you can think that but at the same time think we have a good chance of staying up.