42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Spent 140 mill on a Championship side.

Really hurts my heart. The waste

Suppose an upgrade on the embarrassment you seem to suffer from Villa

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Such a moron spouting such negativity all the time sad bloke, how do I block this fool 

Edited by joshharris12

6 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Such a moron spouting such negativity all the time sad bloke, how do I block this fool 

If you don't like negativity, why visit the relegation thread? Which is negative in nature

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Have you only been supporting us for a couple of months or on the wind-up? Considering around 30m was spent on making loanees full-time players, and having to replace Tuanzebe & Abraham what else we were going to do the squad was woefully light all over for the premier League and we had to spend to try and create a team in the space of around 6-8 weeks. Had we not have done it we'd be bottom with 5 points and then you'd be claiming we should have at least to have had a go at it and spent some money.

Looking at the shte side that went down in 2016 if we hadn't been so bad Gueye, Amavi, Veretout, J Ayew,  may have become the players they are now but for a vibrant Villa. i have the same feeling that relegation in this year will see us in around 3 years wishing we had have stayed up and seen the best of Engels, Luiz, Wesley and maybe even Nakamba.

Edited by peterw

I appreciate we didn't lose but cannot see us staying up unless we improve massively on that performance. For me, the season being suspended killed any hope we had. Not having the fans behind us in those home games against Man Utd and Arsenal teams that have struggled is damaging to us. 

Newcastle is the one we really have to win. We seem to struggle up there but no crowd will help us and I can't believe a team managed by Steve Bruce after a three month break will come racing out of the blocks.

Could be another 0-0 but I fancy a 0-1 win. If we get draws from Wolves and Chelsea that will give us a decent chance for final six games where a point a game may be enough.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle is the one we really have to win. We seem to struggle up there but no crowd will help us and I can't believe a team managed by Steve Bruce after a three month break will come racing out of the blocks.

Could be another 0-0 but I fancy a 0-1 win. If we get draws from Wolves and Chelsea that will give us a decent chance for final six games where a point a game may be enough.

Has Smith ever lost to Bruce?

I think this game is nailed on as a win for us.

They will sit back and let us to what we want.

• Like 1

Tonight was very disappointing and actually lucky really but at the end of the day Sheffield are a very good, organised team who were aiming to go 5th today. 

There was not a lot to choose between us, indeed I thought we were much the better team overall. We certainly had more of the ball and better chances. 

When you consider we were getting Smashed by Leicester and looking completely out of our depth against Southampton, it was a much much improved performance and one we can take heart from. 

We have not continued in the same form which would have almost certainly have led to relegation. 

• Like 3