Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 hour ago, Bomvilla7 said:

If we do go down, I am dreading to think what shape of a team we will be left with. Assuming Mings, McGinn, Luiz, Grealish (and there may be more with that) all leave then we will be left in some state. 🤮 Getting relegated this time could be a bigger disaster than before and might have much longer lasting effects. 

In recent years you don't really get a fire sale if you go down due to the parachute payments. Also to be honest most PL  clubs would probably go elsewhere rather than prodding through a dead carcass of  a side that has failed in that division.  Grealish will go for sure but for everyone also I wouldn't like to say. They may make as much money staying at Villa than in moving. Joe  Allen was seen as one of Stoke's 'Star' players in the prem and is still at the club in their second season in the Championship. We could become the Albion yo-yooing between divisions.  Well its more interesting than constantly trying to get 10 wins to stay up every year I suppose. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

In recent years you don't really get a fire sale if you go down due to the parachute payments. Also to be honest most PL  clubs would probably go elsewhere rather than prodding through a dead carcass of  a side that has failed in that division.  Grealish will go for sure but for everyone also I wouldn't like to say. They may make as much money staying at Villa than in moving. Joe  Allen was seen as one of Stoke's 'Star' players in the prem and is still at the club in their second season in the Championship. We could become the Albion yo-yooing between divisions.  Well its more interesting than constantly trying to get 10 wins to stay up every year I suppose. 

Exactly. I was amazed Fulham keep Mitrovic but they did and also assumed Butland would leave Stoke the mintue they went down to protect his England squad place so don't see why we couldn't keep Heaton who'd be the best keeper in the championship so that's a decent starting block.

I think most bar the obvious ones would stick around as they've shown this year they're not good enough for premier league.

Likely Mings will want to leave to get in the Euro 2021 squad, and despite the criticism he gets on here I can see quite a few of the mid level premier league teams being interested in him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I fear for us next season. Our recruitment team is hopeless and we’ll lose Mings and Grealish. We need to pull a few rabbits out of hats if we’re to come straight back up. 

Anyone thinking this coach and players will walk the Championship are delusional.

Zero creativity in the team and we are frail as a little kitten.

We were always gonna lose today. We arent good enough but we will stay up. Not a doubt in my mind. 

Beat newcastle, palace and everton. 

Draw with arsenal, wet spam and wolves.

Lose to pool, yoonited,

38 points. Scrape survival. Buy everyone. 

Next year Champions

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Anyone thinking this coach and players will walk the Championship are delusional.

Zero creativity in the team and we are frail as a little kitten.

Norwich pissed the championship and they are currently below us. 

We will have no problems in that league next year. 

In the week Brighton are away to Spurs, West Ham are away to Leicester, Bournemouth away to Wolves, and Watford are away to Burnley, so if results go to form. Obviously we're away as well, but if we somehow managed a win, it's not out of the question we'd lift ourselves out of the bottom three.

39 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

We won't win another game, it's not going to be as bad as 15/16 but it will feel similar by the end. 

Yeah I think if we don't beat Newcastle we're done and could well go winless. We've blown the first two games in two difference ways.

I'm not at all surprised with a point from the first two games back - but this lot are looking like they're already beaten. Relegation will suck, but I do remember most folks being honest last season saying we are far better rebuilding in the prem than staying down another year. This still holds for me, as disappointing as it is. It'll be another rebuild, maybe a couple of years in the championship, but give me NSWE and a ton of real money than what we had with Recon last time we went down. We just need to find someone good to spend it - income from Jack, Mings and McGinn, last seasons's FFP written off due to coronavirus, parachute payments - and some talent remaining which should thrive in the championship - I think we can come back a lot stronger next time around. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm not at all surprised with a point from the first two games back - but this lot are looking like they're already beaten. Relegation will suck, but I do remember most folks being honest last season saying we are far better rebuilding in the prem than staying down another year. This still holds for me, as disappointing as it is. It'll be another rebuild, maybe a couple of years in the championship, but give me NSWE and a ton of real money than what we had with Recon last time we went down. We just need to find someone good to spend it - income from Jack, Mings and McGinn, last seasons's FFP written off due to coronavirus, parachute payments - and some talent remaining which should thrive in the championship - I think we can come back a lot stronger next time around. 

as longs as we don't go buying all the top names in the championship like the last time around we need to build a premier league team not a championship one

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

as longs as we don't go buying all the top names in the championship like the last time around we need to build a premier league team not a championship one

The key will be the management strategy of the club. MD manager /coach  and the strategy who buys players - current set up is clearly not working and will continue to fail 

2 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

The key will be the management strategy of the club. MD manager /coach  and the strategy who buys players - current set up is clearly not working and will continue to fail 

indeed, I do think Smith could get us up again playing gunho football in the championship , but once were up we would go straight back down, Wilder for them most part of the season has been hard to break down as has Nuno at Wolves you simply cant attack they way we do in the premier league you have to counter attack something we never do, Grealish will go we should aim to keep the rest and buy some pace and brains! unlike elghazi and trezuguet running into trouble all the time we should build with pacey goalscores around Davis imo.