Pre-Match Thread

Ouchmefoot

It's a shame its Man City. They're the only team in the league that we cant really play against. Would much rather it had been Liverpool. We have been quite unlucky in that respect. You think the likes of Swansea, Bradford etc that have got to the final in recent years and we have had to play the top 3 PL clubs in quarters, semi and final. Ok Liverpool was their kids. But imagine how exciting it would be if we were playing an Everton or Newcastle on Sunday.

While I dont expect us to win, we just beat Leicester over two games, so this team could do anything.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

It's a shame its Man City. They're the only team in the league that we cant really play against. Would much rather it had been Liverpool. We have been quite unlucky in that respect. You think the likes of Swansea, Bradford etc that have got to the final in recent years and we have had to play the top 3 PL clubs in quarters, semi and final. Ok Liverpool was their kids. But imagine how exciting it would be if we were playing an Everton or Newcastle on Sunday.

While I dont expect us to win, we just beat Leicester over two games, so this team could do anything.

I honestly think that on a given day, anyone can beat anyone

• Like 3

We need to get more bodies in the middle of the park but I have a feeling Smith may stick with the three at the back whilst still beefing up the midfield.

I think we'll go 5-3-1-1 with Engels and Hause either side of Mings, Elmo and Targett wing backs, Luiz, Nakamba and Hourihane in the middle and Jack given a free role behind Samatta.

• Like 1

Im going to miss the game cuz I've got to fly out to Germany just after kick off.  Im slightly depressed but also a little relieved cuz I reckon this will be a similar outcome to the last time we played them. 

On 24/02/2020 at 09:08, Raver50032 said:

Controversial view coming up, so don't get too triggered...

We kind of know (gut feel at least) that this has the potential for a big, humiliating defeat live and exclusive on Sky Sports... A Pep love in. So why not do a Liverpool? Play the kids... Maybe keep Nyland in... That way, when we get bummed, the media will be more about how plucky the kids were in defeat and how brave they were to go up against the mighty super-heroes of Manchester City. Even in defeat, we could be proud of them... unlike the first team who just seem to have rolled over.

Yeah... I'm just kidding. It's a bad idea... Grit your teeth, grin and bear it. Que sera.

It's probably the worst idea I've ever heard, and I'd be calling for Smith's head if he approached the game like that :) 

• Like 1

Apparently we stand to rake home a whopping £100k in price money if we win the the Carabao Cup and a cool £50k if we end up runners up :hooray:

Dolla dolla bills y'all!  

Can see why City would be desperate to win this.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Apparently we stand to rake home a whopping £100k in price money if we win the the Carabao Cup and a cool £50k if we end up runners up :hooray:

Dolla dolla bills y'all!  

It'll help in City's promotion to League One next season.

• Like 1

We're 20/1 against in a two horse race with Coral. Jack and Samatta are both 14/1 to be first goalscorer (our lowest priced players). I wasn't expecting us to be favourites, but these prices are just insulting! Prove them wrong Villa! 😠

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Let's see:

They've got a better coach

Better players in every position

They are on form, we are not

They are high on confidence, we are low on confidence

Prediction. 3-1 win for the Villa.

They haven't got better players in quite every position. You're spot on with everything else though, including the prediction. 😉

1 hour ago, sne said:

Dolla dolla bills y'all!  

plus couple of mil in ticket sales, and the money we'd get from being in europe etc. domestic cup prize money is small but the byproducts of winning them are still worth a few bob

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

plus couple of mil in ticket sales, and the money we'd get from being in europe etc. domestic cup prize money is small but the byproducts of winning them are still worth a few bob

Yeah absolutely, it's just funny that the price money is less than what most PL players earn in a week.

The FA cup is apparently £3.6m or something like that.