Pre-Match Thread

Ouchmefoot

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Sterling on to make his comeback from the injury. Aguero and Silva fresh for the final too. Shows us massive respect resting them against Real for the big game on sat. ;)

But will they be rested for Sunday?;)

• Haha 1

Man City are away at Hillsborough, the Wednesday after the final. Surely their players won’t want to risk missing out on an experience like that. Aguero, KDB, Sterling, Mahrez, Silva might never get the chance to play there again, they’ll take it easy on Sunday. We’ll surprise them and win 4-3. 

Piece. Of. Piss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

There is a good treble on offer with with Bet 365..........us winning the cup, a comet hitting New york and George taking over the throne all on the same day......seems like a good bet.🤣

I only bet on certainties and I can only see the first part of that treble coming in! 😂

• Haha 1

never have i dreaded a cup final and thought the result was utterly inevitable as this one.

i remember watching Man City tear Watford apart in last season's final. They made them look like a pub team, god knows what they will do to us.

I just hope our players turn up and show heart and fight and we keep it under 10:0

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Relaxed....they have been that all season almost comotose........I want them to be fired up like Tyson Fury and play like the " Crazy Gang"

The pressure is on Man City to win. No pressure on Villa. If they play loose they might find the only edge that seems to be available as Sunday nears.

Any other team, even Liverpool and I'd be buzzing. If we take a real good shot at it, anything's possible. With City it's just like, there's no hope. They have this voodoo over us. If we were to do an aggregate score since 2010 I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like 60-5.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I decided to do it for shits & gigs. Since the beginning of 2010 the aggregate is 51-13, but over the last 4 meetings it's 17-1. So we're due, right?... :ph34r: 

I'm surprised we actually scored 13. Apart from 2013 when we beat them 3-2, I can't remember us ever scoring more than 1 against them. Is the cup 4-2 victory counted there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I'm surprised we actually scored 13. Apart from 2013 when we beat them 3-2, I can't remember us ever scoring more than 1 against them. Is the cup 4-2 victory counted there?

Yeah, it does include that cup victory. We lost a game 3-2 somewhere in there too. Apart from those 3 games, we've either failed to trouble the scorer or been limited to 1.