Pre-Match Thread

Ouchmefoot

19 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Largest defeat in a LC final Swansea 5-0 Bradford (Bradford who beat us in the semi 😂). Never been more than 5 goals in any final. OMG the records are going to be tumbling next week.

We love to help break a record. Lump on us conceding 6.

Drinkwater is cup tied for all those putting him in their 11s in that locked thread.

If people want to drop Luiz for next week and go three in central midfield that means a start for Henri Lansbury. Think about these things.:lol:

Get the feeling that comment from DS was very much heat of the moment and he's probably regretting it on the coach back now given some of the s*** we've got on the bench or just outside the 18.

Wouldn't shock me if we started AEM and Taylor, either infront or behind of Gulibert and Targett. It's not going to be pretty viewing whatever we do.

I really do wish i hadn't wasted my money on a pair of tickets for this game. What a totally pointless waste of a day & cash. Am literally only going to accompany my daughter and try to enjoy a day out at Wembley. It's all about the coach journey down there which will be the only fun bit, it's the first time daughters been to an away day so looking forward to that outward journey & a bit of pre-match atmosphere. Obviously later it'll be depression central once the games over (likely after 15 mins or so).

Only good side is there are no points at stake.

dunno if I can handle another plucky losers (ie spurs home and away, liverpool home arsenal away.) it's just too heart breaking

otherwise it's:

a)play open and suffer humiliation? well smith woudln't be able to show his face in birmingham ever again after a record breaking defeat.

2)how about a bournmouth, southamption style surrender without making a punch?

q) do a john gregory ....unambitious and get done by a blooper

It's checkmate for Smith. It's like that film wargames where you just can't win.

I think the best way is do a red star belgrade bus parking exercise and try and win the penalty shootout.

I'm just glad my seat is not in with the chavs so I don't have to suffer the villa fan on villa fan violence during the game.

I really don't want to care about this match but no doubt I will watch it anyway...

Could be embarrassing.

We should play Nyland as he did well getting us here and Reina is starting to annoy me.

Play four at the back and get Hause out of the team with Mings and Engels as the CB pair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I really don't want to care about this match but no doubt I will watch it anyway...

Could be embarrassing.

We should play Nyland as he did well getting us here and Reina is starting to annoy me.

Play four at the back and get Hause out of the team with Mings and Engels as the CB pair.

Why is reina annoying you?

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

dunno if I can handle another plucky losers (ie spurs home and away, liverpool home arsenal away.) it's just too heart breaking

I wouldn't worry about that!

• Haha 1