Pre-Match Thread

Ouchmefoot

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

May stay away from this game.

Some people on this site doubt your allegiances, but this proves once and for all that you're villa through and through :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Elton said:

Being as we have lost 3 in a row, same as 94, perhaps we should throw in a total unknown, a la Graham Fenton.

Return of back 4. Hause stays as more pace than Engels.

Nyland

Targett Hause Mings Elmo

G Fenton Jack Nakamba Luiz       Maradona

Samatta 

I guess I have no idea how to resolve our midfield balance.

Nice idea about making a surprise selection, like we did back in 1994. Trouble is Graham Fenton is 45 and past it now. 😉

• Haha 4

great day out for us fans...but nothing else..im trying to remain positive,but every premier manager and their cat knows our turgid one dimensional style that smith wont/uncapable of changing.

I just hope its not a cricket score against us...we need a fightback and it has to start here.

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
spelling

Controversial view coming up, so don't get too triggered...

We kind of know (gut feel at least) that this has the potential for a big, humiliating defeat live and exclusive on Sky Sports... A Pep love in. So why not do a Liverpool? Play the kids... Maybe keep Nyland in... That way, when we get bummed, the media will be more about how plucky the kids were in defeat and how brave they were to go up against the mighty super-heroes of Manchester City. Even in defeat, we could be proud of them... unlike the first team who just seem to have rolled over.

Yeah... I'm just kidding. It's a bad idea... Grit your teeth, grin and bear it. Que sera.

We will try and play it around at the back and put ourselves under an immense amount of pressure like we always do. If they score early, well, it could be a cricket score. 
Play Davis, get it long and work the channels to relieve pressure. 

0-5 City. 

I’m hopeful we can pull off a miracle and lift the cup. But in reality I fear this we will be a brutal bumming of the worst order, the sort of degradation that only happens in the worst Venezuelan prisons. The biggest man in the prison, no spit and lots of pain ☹️  

• Haha 4

I remember thinking we were going to beat Arsenal, even convinced my Man U loving father-in-law that we were going to beat them.... Watching the game at 3 in the morning and pretty sure he went home after Per's goal and thanked me for ruining a good night's sleep!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1