• Grealish
    • Samatta -> 67
    • Davis <- 67
    • Trezeguet <- 77
    • Elmohamady <- 84
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/20 at 23:59

Wow, just back. Despite Nyland making a couple of world class saves I thought we were the better team tonight and well deserved winners.

So many good performances tonight. Keenan Davis can play by the way! This team should not be fighting relegation and I hope this gives us the boost to pull away.

We regularly beat northern sides at Wembley. I expect Man City fans are half hoping they lose tomorrow night as they have no chance against the mighty Villa!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Elton said:

Wow, just back. Despite Nyland making a couple of world class saves I thought we were the better team tonight and well deserved winners.

So many good performances tonight. Keenan Davis can play by the way! This team should not be fighting relegation and I hope this gives us the boost to pull away.

We regularly beat northern sides at Wembley. I expect Man City fans are half hoping they lose tomorrow night as they have no chance against the mighty Villa!!!

Me too.. Thought Davis looked very sharp when he came on, looked quicker than I remember.

Proper  battling performance ; we were the better team tonight - great win.

• Like 2

Thought Trez had blown his chance after Davis played him though a few minutes earlier, but he more than made up for it with the winner. What a ball from Elmo also! We rode our luck but thought we also played some great stuff at times also. 

Believe it was one of Luiz's best games for us and Targett & Grealish link up really well down the left. Great night for everyone involved with the club! :flag:

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I was tempted to add an extra MotM option - my Mrs.

She ensured my lucky keks and socks were washed and ready for tonight, and without them VT would be a very different place tonight.

You're most welcome.

My son got me a retro LDV Vans blue top for Xmas to replace the one I stupidly gave away years ago.Worn it twice now,Norwich boxing day and tonight....😎😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Buzzing. Still buzzing. Where to begin: We looked so much better with a striker, even if his influence started to wane on the 50min mark. Moreover, Samatta’s positioning was v impressive. Gave Jack some space to breathe too.

Nyland was excellent on those reflex saves. He and Mings seem to make up for each other’s deficiencies at times. We also seem to have worked out when to clear and when to play it out.

Unsung heroes for me were Doug and Marvellous. The latter was so tenacious. The former showed some wonderful touches. 

Target and Jack down the left were a nuisance all night. Thought AEG looked good in spells too but more consistency needed.

Praise to the coaching staff too: set up was ideal and we went toe to toe with a v good side. We are not a team that should be relegated: not on that showing 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 1

Apologies to the Americans by the hotel pool who seemed slightly scared by me and my son going mad when Trezeguet scored.

thought they asked me what the score was but they actually asked what the sport was.

great result

• Haha 3

Just got back...

wow, that was one of those amazing Villa Park nights that make it all worth while. Absolutley buzzing.

The effort from everyone in the team was there for all to see and that effort has got us the reward.

A Fantastic atmosphre from the 12th man who was not just in the Holte tonight. He was everywhere.

The shape of the team was so much better with a forward. We will give anyone a game at VP. Bring it on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was just about to go to bed but then I thought sod that and have poured myself a large rather nice 10 year old Jura single malt and will carry on reading the threads on here. 

Tomorrow can go hang. 

Amen. Other than disagreeing with your choice of tipple (I’ve never got on with Jura), I’m with you. We just got to the final of the league cup. We are Aston Villa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

All we need now is for Man City to go on a Winter tour of China.

They are away in the champions league at Real Madrid just 4 days before the final if that helps! 

Â