• Grealish
    • Samatta -> 67
    • Davis <- 67
    • Trezeguet <- 77
    • Elmohamady <- 84
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/20 at 23:59

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was just about to go to bed but then I thought sod that and have poured myself a large rather nice 10 year old Jura single malt and will carry on reading the threads on here. 

Tomorrow can go hang. 

Johnny Walker Double Black for my celebrations. 

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I love this football club, I love Villa Park, the lights, the noise, us. I love what the game does to me, how it makes me feel, that it makes me feel, how it brings me together with the people I love and creates memories that don't fade. I love the cold, the smoke bombs, the passion, the songs, this team, all of it, the bad times and the way they make the good times so good, the times where you wonder why you bother and the times like tonight when you just know it's perfect and always will be, I love Jack Grealish, I love late goals, I love this football club. Aston Villa FC. I love it.

Also Egypt.

Ditto 

• Like 1

Just got back and still buzzing. This is what supporting Villa is all about. You get some crap but boy do you get some good stuff. 

Nyland was superb but closely followed by Marvelous and Doug. Keeping fingers crossed I’ve got enough history to get to Wembley again. COYL

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I love this football club, I love Villa Park, the lights, the noise, us. I love what the game does to me, how it makes me feel, that it makes me feel, how it brings me together with the people I love and creates memories that don't fade. I love the cold, the smoke bombs, the passion, the songs, this team, all of it, the bad times and the way they make the good times so good, the times where you wonder why you bother and the times like tonight when you just know it's perfect and always will be, I love Jack Grealish, I love late goals, I love this football club. Aston Villa FC. I love it.

Also Egypt.

Hear, hear!!! UTV!

If Nyland is our no.2 keeper going forward then we will be doing very well as is young enough to improve and doesn't seem the type to cause a fuss if he isn't playing.

Trez hasn't got the greatest touch but what I love is he gives us everything everytime he is on the pitch.

Grealish, well I don't need to tell y'all about Grealish. He's one of our own and I don't care if I'm going early, he is world class to me!

Targett and Grealish seem to forming a very good understanding of each other. Numerous crosses and at least 2 goals have come from their interplay.

Luiz seems to have shifted up a gear lately and he will always cause us panic but I think he's worth it for what he can offer going forward.

Mings, ah TM ...... If Paul McGrath was God, then you may well be Jesus! Absolute legend and if he can grow a beard, I may hold in the same esteem as Mellberg.

Konsa and Hause, young and there are mistakes in them but they seem to be getting more solid as time goes on. If I can offer some advice to Hause ..... Pass it mate, your mazy runs that end with you running into 3 opposition players scare the crap out of me.

Nakamba, again he will get more solid as time goes on, and I love that he always seems up for the battle. He might not be that big but he doesn't mind using his body to protect the ball or win a 50/50.

Samatta, Ive already praised in him in his thread, I was impressed with his debut and he seems to have a bit about him. I hope for his sake and ours that he scores his first relatively quickly so his confidence can blossom.

AEG, my only negative player summary. Barely noticed him and when he did get the ball seemed a yard of the pace. However! I will counter the negative with the positive that I know that's the type of player he is, he is the quintessential hot/cold player. Today wasn't his day but I'd put money on him a scoring or setting up a few important goals if we are to survive.

I want to play Man United so badly, I would love to beat them in the final and then get justice for them cheating us out of it in 09. I still can't work out who the bigger word removed is, Vidic or the Ref 😠

Being a supporter in another country, in a town where I know no other fans bloody sucks. If we win this cup then someone on here has to FaceTime me or something (I know nothing of the technology) I'll pay for it, and just stick your phone in the corner so I can watch everyone celebrate. Even for a few minutes!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Who was the guy with the black hat and black puffer jacket sat in one of the boxes with his family, it looked like his wife and two young boys? He was celebrating when we scored..
They showed him two or three times during the game, I watched the game on a small tablet with Thai commentary, so couldn’t understand or really see who it was? 

14 minutes ago, villadude said:

Who was the guy with the black hat and black puffer jacket sat in one of the boxes with his family, it looked like his wife and two young boys? He was celebrating when we scored..
They showed him two or three times during the game, I watched the game on a small tablet with Thai commentary, so couldn’t understand or really see who it was? 

Reina

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villadude said:

Pretty sure you’re talking about Reina, assuming you had the same footage as was on Sky. 

• Like 1

What a night! Had to give the Watford game a miss as I couldn’t justify a hotel two weeks in a row... glad I got a last minute anyway!

Voted Nyland MOTM for those saves in the first half keeping us in it but thought Targett was excellent too.

The three CBS had a decent enough game, Mings is absolutely massive for us and Konsa/Hause are both getting better every game they play alongside him in this formation. Thought Guilbert had a decent game too, surprised to see some criticism of him.

Marv was class again, last two games seems to have got over his wobble? Don’t want to jinx it! Douglas Luiz had another great game last night, looked like a Brazil international! I really like him.

Thought Samatta was good on debut - he obviously tired but think that was his first competitive match since Boxing Day so understandable! It must have been a tactic to let Evans and Soyuncu have the ball deep in their half - thought he lead the line well. He got into some decent positions, shame he couldn’t quite divert that chance in but he won a good header in the build up to the our first goal. Looks promising and I think he’ll score sooner rather than later.

What can you say about Jack - what a man! It feels so good to have one of the best players in the country wearing a Villa shirt!

Thought El Ghazi did alright but had a slightly quieter evening than some of the others. I was perplexed when he was brought off though, as surely one of the best penalty takers...

... I’ll hold my hands up and apologise to Dean, really thought he’d lost the plot with the Elmo substitution, was crying out for Hourihane to come on for the shoot out... what an inspired decision though and teaches me not to give up on getting a winner until the very end! 

Booking my Wembley train now :flag:

• Like 3

Highlights.

When I heard of the pitch invasion, my initial thoughts were " oh no". But, on seeing it, it was actually good to see, especially seeing Trez chaired and Nyland getting a lot of deserved love from the fans.

What a club.

Â