• Grealish
    • Samatta -> 67
    • Davis <- 67
    • Trezeguet <- 77
    • Elmohamady <- 84
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/20 at 23:59

27 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Great result, as one of my step kids (sports chelsea) said. We were lucky.

I'm ecstatic with the result.

But now some of our players have started winning headers, can they next teach them to head it to our own players.

The amount of free header just given away is shocking. Add that into dithering and bad passing, we invite pressure onto ourselves.

Big well done to the 3 subs, davis especially looked just as good as wes in his best games for us.

We knew with Elmo coming on the crosses would be far deeper and it worked.

And trez scuff 1st time , if he had time he would have missed it but did the job.

Nyland mom because without him today there would not be a win.

Sorry we weren’t lucky but what does a Chelsea fan know

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Sorry we weren’t lucky but what does a Chelsea fan know

Penalty not given ? Several and I mean several shots missed, nyland having his best game in a villa shirt ?

We robbed the win, any football fan will tell you the same who saw the game.

• Confused 3

Nyland - 3 game winning saves, the third being the most boring looking finger tip save from nothing onto the bar you'll ever see. Brilliant. 

Guilbert - tired as the game went on and lost out to Barnes more often than he would have liked. But worked hard and had then thinking with his running.

Konsa - least involved of the CBs. No bad thing.

Mings - shakey start but grew into it and gave his classic display of getting on everything. Best moment being 5 seconds where he steps up enough to cause an offside and then flew into top gear to make it sure.

Hause - he's not at all skilled with the ball but he's got the physique and mind to be a solid defender. And he was. Shakey start, but got better. Just useless with the ball.

Targett - had the freedom of the park. Every opportunity he had the overlap with Grealish on and every time it caught Leicester. A weaker defence and better crossing he could have had a hatfull of assists. And that goal? Brilliant. Perfect.

Nakamba - Maddison had him in the first 20, but grew into the game and his energy kept things running. He's still not the finished article, too often he'll play a dumb pass. But he's good on form.

Luiz - had some swagger tonight. Playing with a point to make. He was doing more of the dirty work tonight, and he benefitted from it. And still had the quality passes we know he has in his pocket.

Grealish - what can you say really? He's superb. Even his **** up leads to a quality assist.

El Ghazi - one quality free kick they just whistled over the bar aside, a bit anonymous.

Samatta - should have scored, and he tired badly, but the signs are there he has something to him. He's not going to let defenders rest on their laurels.

Davis - a good 20mins. It's what we expect from Davis, but he's unlucky that at that point we weren't making the chances we did before. Needs to stay fit.

Trezeguet - came on, missed the best chance we had in 20 minutes, then whacks in a last minute volley from a wonder cross. Shrug. He's not great but he scores those goals like it's a bad habit.

Elmo - that cross. That cross... Wholly ****. If all he had to do was cross, he'd be fantastic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Nyland. Superb. That was more like it. Fighting spirit from this side. Have to say we felt comfortable to me. Deano had learnt so much from the league game. We looked decent today. Brilliant.

As it's likely to be Man City does this open up a Europa League slot no matter the result?

No I'm afraid it doesn't

That was simply incredible. No matter whether it was lucky, the benefits of winning that game for the morale of the club as a whole is immeasurable. This will really gel a team together going through this, which is vital for the upcoming relegation fight. Back to our holiday home in London once again!

Great performances from Nyland (MOTM), Targett, Fred, Nakamba, Grealish to name but a few - the back 3 also fantastic. Samatta showed glimpses but clearly lacking the sharpness having only been here a week. Luiz didn't have his best game, but in the end it wasn't hugely significant.

Thank you Mr Trezeguet for causing the ensuing damage to the bank balance and ozone layer to get me to Wembley... I'd do it anytime mind you 😁

• Like 1

Â