• Grealish
    • Samatta -> 67
    • Davis <- 67
    • Trezeguet <- 77
    • Elmohamady <- 84
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/20 at 23:59

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Whoops at this tweet, i hope Rhys still got his free scarf though :D:D

What exactly are our fan base supposed to be obsessed about?

• Like 3

A fantastic and dramatic evening for the Club... Nyland MoTM by a country mile for me. Very happy for Dean Smith and for the supporters. Like others have said, it is especially pleasing to get one over on the media and the pundits who were just clamouring for a Brendan and Leicester super-show... I mean, just look at the back pages today... All about how Klopp is not going to be at next week's FA Cup replay against the Shrews... and some 'mob rule' idiots laying siege to the Man United guy's home. We won a place in a major domestic final... against the media darling's Leicester City. For where we are as a club right now in this instant, that is epoch making and kicking bottom.

I hope everyone take's lube for the final... It's nice to be there... and I hope it isn't like the FA Cup final we endured in 2015 (one of the worst days out in my life) or how I imagine Watford felt in the final last season.

Well done Villa... did me proud last night.

9 hours ago, Sid4ever said:

Apologies to the Americans by the hotel pool who seemed slightly scared by me and my son going mad when Trezeguet scored.

I had to apologise to an American, too. I was at a local gig for a Texas singer called Rachel Laven. She lives quite near me, and I go to all her gigs. Sitting down at the front and constantly looking at your phone while someone's performing is pretty bad manners, so I explained. She was very good about it! 

19 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Fair play to you, very clinical and took your chances, just seemed to want it more than we did

Nyland and the back 3 (especially Nyland) were like a brick wall over both legs, we struggled to get the one goal and I thought it would be penalties because we would struggle to get another

Do it for all the non Big 6 teams in England and beat Man City in the final! Would be good to see another Midlands team in Europe next season!

As for Mike Dean and VAR they can do one!

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

they need to clarify it (again!) because the rule is still a mess, for consistency at least that's not the first time we've got away with that handball this season, engels had one vs Liverpool too (albeit closer to the striker and absolutely blasted at him)

my understanding is the rule is now two things - 

arm raised above his shoulder (which it wasn't)

arm outside of the silhouette of his body - this is where the rule needs clarity, you could argue that in turning his body his arm isn't actually out of the silhouette, he's still within the compact shape, its ropey but its the only thing I can think of, if its a Leicester player and we went out we would be apoplectic on here

in general there were some strange goings on, some lack of consistency (which as I posted earlier left me amazed he gave the foul for our winner but he was right to) luiz could have been sent off, your Turkish CB got away with one on grealish which was fortunate not to make more contact, the lino's decision which lead to konsa being booked was baffling but overall other than the handball I don't think they got too much wrong over the 2 games, I think any notion that dean robbed you would be harsh

8 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

When Nyland pulled off the incredible save and tipped onto the bar, I said to my son ‘were gonna win this!’

Elmo’s cross for Trez’s goal was out of this world!!! And I said ‘told you’... 🙂

and here was me giving all the credit to the players and coaching staff. Great job Mike

• Like 1

Last night is what football is all about, I was very pessimistic before the game, I thought Leicester would do us over with ease

Once again iheanacho got he's goal against us but we appear to be made of stronger stuff these days and we kept going forward till the death and got the rewards

Hoping utd can turn the game around tonight and we play them in the final as I think we'd have a better chance beating them And man city as a club don't even care about the league cup and I include the fans in that

11 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

When Nyland pulled off the incredible save and tipped onto the bar, I said to my son ‘were gonna win this!’

Elmo’s cross for Trez’s goal was out of this world!!! And I said ‘told you’... 🙂

When a loose ball hit the corner flag and never went out, and we cleared.....i knew then it was our night.....never seen that happen before, always goes one way or the other.

But Nyland was incredible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fox1884 said:

Fair play to you, very clinical and took your chances, just seemed to want it more than we did

Nyland and the back 3 (especially Nyland) were like a brick wall over both legs, we struggled to get the one goal and I thought it would be penalties because we would struggle to get another

Do it for all the non Big 6 teams in England and beat Man City in the final! Would be good to see another Midlands team in Europe next season!

Thanks.

Good luck in the league, the current Leicester team is the best Leicester team I have ever seen, and currently probably one of the best 3 team in the league, wonderful players you have......very jelly.

Happy for our win though :)

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

they need to clarify it (again!) because the rule is still a mess, for consistency at least that's not the first time we've got away with that handball this season, engels had one vs Liverpool too (albeit closer to the striker and absolutely blasted at him)

my understanding is the rule is now two things - 

arm raised above his shoulder (which it wasn't)

arm outside of the silhouette of his body - this is where the rule needs clarity, you could argue that in turning his body his arm isn't actually out of the silhouette, he's still within the compact shape, its ropey but its the only thing I can think of, if its a Leicester player and we went out we would be apoplectic on here

in general there were some strange goings on, some lack of consistency (which as I posted earlier left me amazed he gave the foul for our winner but he was right to) luiz could have been sent off, your Turkish CB got away with one on grealish which was fortunate not to make more contact, the lino's decision which lead to konsa being booked was baffling but overall other than the handball I don't think they got too much wrong over the 2 games, I think any notion that dean robbed you would be harsh

I thought Nakamba was just protecting his face, the ball came that quick, his body shape looked distorted....it was just reactionary, not an attempt to stop a goal.

The rules seem to change so often.....i think the decision was correct.imo.

Well ... yesterday got boozy pretty quick.

philsitup.gif

Still can't believe our luck that he didn't give that handball penalty.

Nyland is an enigma.  Showed the absolute best of what he can do yesterday and may well have played his way into the final.  Although I still wouldn't be surprised if Smith went with Reina because ... well, a final's a final.

I really though we would rue the Samatta miss, and Iheanacho got his customary goal against us.  But Egyptian to Egyptian playing in front of our Egyptian got us there in the end.  Everyone to a man was fantastic last night.  That Targett has a left peg on him doesn't he? Oof.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â