• Grealish
    • Samatta -> 67
    • Davis <- 67
    • Trezeguet <- 77
    • Elmohamady <- 84
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/20 at 23:59

16 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Penalty not given ? Several and I mean several shots missed, nyland having his best game in a villa shirt ?

We robbed the win, any football fan will tell you the same who saw the game.

We should have been 2-0 up in the first leg at half time, how might that have affected things.

And the penalty shout was subjective, not stone-wall, you can make an argument both ways on that one.

If you judge the games purely on the stats then it will look like we were lucky but over the course of the two matches we more than held our own.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Flight booked, I'll tell the missus in the morning 😬

You know when your missus says stuff like "it's not a problem" and it's blatantly a massive **** problem... Or "I just wish you'd talked to me about it first" knowing full well how that conversation would have gone 

Got the double barrel 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You know when your missus says stuff like "it's not a problem" and it's blatantly a massive **** problem... Or "I just wish you'd talked to me about it first" knowing full well how that conversation would have gone 

Got the double barrel 

I got the "Of course I really want you to be able to go," then came the buts.

I'm working on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Got the double barrel 

The Orwellian treatment. *shudders*

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

I was just about to go to bed but then I thought sod that and have poured myself a large rather nice 10 year old Jura single malt and will carry on reading the threads on here. 

Tomorrow can go hang. 

I was expecting penalties and had opened another can of Guinness, couldn't just leave it could I 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If you judge the games purely on the stats then it will look like we were lucky but over the course of the two matches we more than held our own.

If you judge games by watching them you will have to concede that Leicester were the better team over the two legs and the better team in both games. I was happy to be getting penalties to be honest and we had nyland to thank for that. You could say that Leicester didn't create many clear cut chances and had alot of long range shots in both games, but its obvious they were the better team. Football however is a game of fine margins and we got through. That's all that matters. 

Edited by villa89

For anything who says Leicester got robbed, bollocks. We were never behind in over 180 minutes of football. They didn't take their chances, we did.   Munich in '82 had the possession but who won that one? Exactly.

Last night showed how special Villa Park can be. It was built for occasions like that.  Nyland was superb and everyone did their part, even Mings who was a bit shaky for the first 10 mins.

The final will be a different kettle of fish but it is very impressive that we can still keep chalking up major cup final appearances in the age of 2/3 teams completely dominating English football.

Someone told me that Villa have now reached cup finals in 14 different decades. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Aston Villa, the original and best.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Got the double barrel 

Your grasp of Wifeish is woeful. To translate: “The next eleven things that I want shall be delivered without delay, regardless of expense.”

• Like 1

The missus just asked when the final tickets are going on sale so she can book trains. She's taking the lad down to London to do touristy stuff as he's been doing project on Great Fire of London at school... Anyway, I say I don't know and its not definite I can even get a ticket as only a member. She replies by saying she needs to know asap so she can organise stuff. 

This sounds like the opposite of what most of you are getting

4 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

The missus just asked when the final tickets are going on sale so she can book trains. She's taking the lad down to London to do touristy stuff as he's been doing project on Great Fire of London at school... Anyway, I say I don't know and its not definite I can even get a ticket as only a member. She replies by saying she needs to know asap so she can organise stuff. 

This sounds like the opposite of what most of you are getting

The trains from New York don't run as often as the ones from Kingswinford though :D

13 hours ago, TRO said:

Nakamba was just protecting his face, the ball came that quick, his body shape looked distorted....it was just reactionary, not an attempt to stop a goal.

Is it just me or did it seem unclear as to whether it not it struck his arm inside or outside the penalty area? 

42 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Is it just me or did it seem unclear as to whether it not it struck his arm inside or outside the penalty area? 

Definitely him, and not you.

I don't think you were in the right country for the ball to even get close to you.

17 hours ago, Villan4Life said:
Is anybody seeing a pattern
Leicester went 10 in a row in the championship and won the Premier league 2 years later
I'm just saying I'm see a pattern  :)🤐:)

This summer all you need is a video of the son of your manager involved in a racist orgy in your owners homeland during a goodwill tour to be leaked, getting the manager sacked, and some unsuccessful past it manager to be hired in his place, then you are well on track!

What a rollercoaster that was😂

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

This summer all you need is a video of the son of your manager involved in a racist orgy in your owners homeland during a goodwill tour to be leaked, getting the manager sacked, and some unsuccessful past it manager to be hired in his place, then you are well on track!

What a rollercoaster that was😂

If there is and orgy video with Mallory Edens I think at least a portion of people on here would watch it. If only to make sure there wasn't any racism.

Not that I would of course...

Edited by sne
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Got the double barrel 

Always easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Villan4Life said:
Is anybody seeing a pattern
Leicester went 10 in a row in the championship and won the Premier league 2 years later
I'm just saying I'm see a pattern  :)🤐:)

that's why that 5000/1 stuff was always bollocks, smashed the championship, won 7/10 of their last PL games the season before (only losing to spurs and champions Chelsea)

Â