Generic Virus Thread

villakram

U.K. Paid $20 Million for New Coronavirus Tests. They Didn’t Work.

LONDON — The two Chinese companies were offering a risky proposition: two million home test kits said to detect antibodies for the coronavirus for at least $20 million, take it or leave it.

The asking price was high, the technology was unproven and the money had to be paid upfront. And the buyer would be required to pick up the crate loads of test kits from a facility in China.

Yet British officials took the deal, according to a senior civil servant involved, then confidently promised tests would be available at pharmacies in as little as two weeks. “As simple as a pregnancy test,” gushed Prime Minister Boris Johnson. “It has the potential to be a total game changer.”

There was one problem, however. The tests did not work.

More in link

The Chinese testing scam. 

Trump: “Open up America again.”

World: 

5F8AA85E-3DAD-411D-9ACD-BB3440E9A36C.gif

Edit: They’re actually using graphics annotated with “Influenza-Like Illness (ILI)”.

Edited by Awol

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

There's probably some etiquette for whatever's happening here whereby I escape without looking even more hypersensitive, Stevo knows I love him and his ankles and we get back to the harrowing reality unfolding before us really. 

Thanks though, barometer is well off. I'll wind my neck in. :thumb:

Hugs everyone. Sorry if I sound clinical at times. 

Most of you know I'm a c-unit so, you know, there's that.

I hate you with every fibre of my being. 

no seriously though, Snowy was right. Had no issue with what you were saying. More that it had to be a conversation in the first place than anything against anyone having it

Love you x

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

China are doing a great job of endearing themselves to the world aren’t they.

UK government wasn't to know though, not.like anyone else got caught up in the testing scam.............

Coronavirus test kits withdrawn in Spain over poor accuracy rate 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/coronavirus-test-kits-withdrawn-spain-poor-accuracy-rate

2 hours ago, villakram said:

I think it's a bit sad how you lot have been told to go out and do a dance... and obey. 

Simple psych game by the political class who are leading in a piss poor manner.

You'll have to tell us what it's like up in that there tree. 

The borders we took control of, still open to planes from all over the world.

Still short of PPE.

Testing was due to be at 25,000 a few days ago, we managed 16,000. Due to be at 100,000 by the end of the month, personally guaranteed by Hancock. MP’s get access to £10,000 additional expenses, front line careers are literally going to get a pin badge.

Government approval rating never been higher.

It’s taken me a while, but I think I’ve finally realised that I don’t understand people.

• Like 3

Probably due to me a housebound pipe to pipe bushman but something's been bothering me. Most of Europe's governments hold press conferences in the evening with updates on developments. Almost all of them have a person signing. Either in the background or, in the case of Bulgaria, an in picture woman signing. Nicola Sturgeon has a bond villain in a start suit doing it.

Why don't we?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Probably due to me a housebound pipe to pipe bushman but something's been bothering me. Most of Europe's governments hold press conferences in the evening with updates on developments. Almost all of them have a person signing. Either in the background or, in the case of Bulgaria, an in picture woman signing. Nicola Sturgeon has a bond villain in a start suit doing it.

Why don't we?

I noticed that same thing.

The Welsh one is in the same Samba group as my nipper and she gets a little cheer from us every evening. Scotland, Germany, New Zealand... everywhere except one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

Hmmm.

If your neighbours are keeping tabs on who claps or who salutes the staff car as it passes, you need new neighbours.

If you think the council are monitoring it by drone, they don’t have the nouse.

If you think the government are monitoring it by satellite, the satellite will be ready in about a month, we commissioned a breakfast cereal tycoon to invent a new type of satellite powered by carbon neutral coal.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I noticed that same thing.

The Welsh one is in the same Samba group as my nipper and she gets a little cheer from us every evening. Scotland, Germany, New Zealand... everywhere except one.

We use subtitles?

Â