Generic Virus Thread

villakram

18 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

No idea whether it's interesting or means anything, but the 8PM clap was noticeably different. First couple of weeks I could probably see 40 people out clapping. Tonight was around 8.

More neighbours and louder tonight in my Close and across the estate. Some interesting instruments too - plenty of pots being banged  and even bagpipes played!

Just now, brommy said:

More neighbours and louder tonight in my Close and across the estate. Some interesting instruments too - plenty of pots being banged  and even bagpipes played!

Loads by me, I only have about 7 or 8 houses I can see from mine but everyone was out. I could hear a lot of noise from other streets too

Just now, brommy said:

Likewise, much more noise, singing, chatting, clapping. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

No idea whether it's interesting or means anything, but the 8PM clap was noticeably different. First couple of weeks I could probably see 40 people out clapping. Tonight was around 8.

I totally forgot about it and missed it 🙈

I rarely see UK news and prefer other places for my information but the wife was watching Sky a News just now and I caught the back end of a piece saying that the R-naught figure is now believed to be less than 1.

Fantastic news if true, but as yet I’ve not been able to confirm it.

Edit - in particular I don’t know if that figure is purely based on us all being at home ( I imagine it must be) ....in which case whilst still good news it’s not near as fantastic of course.

Edited by terrytini

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I rarely see UK news and prefer other places for my information but the wife was watching Sky a News just now and I caught the back end of a piece saying that the R-naught figure is now believed to be less than 1.

Yeah, it was mentioned in today’s conference. They said it was between 0.5 and <1 which is great news.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

That’s what they said at the briefing, but also confirmed there would still be regions and settings (like care homes) where that’s not yet the case. 

Social distancing is working, trouble is keeping the R0 below 1 when the lockdown is lifted. I wouldn’t put money on this ending in 3 weeks unless new confirmed case are extremely low by then, and crucially there’s a mass community testing regime in place. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Only 3 by me. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Infuriating. I was literally shouting “NO HE CANT TELL YOU WHEN IT WILL BE LIFTED”

words removed. Ask some proper **** questions. The questions from outlets you’ve never heard of put the BBC and Sky News to shame in these press conferences. 

I realise Raab and co are holding their cards close to their chest as to when this might end, but they’ve made it very clear they aren’t going to tell us. So why keep asking the same question?

image.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Only 3 by me. 

Much quieter tonight. 

Last week was loudest, but may have been helped by the fact it was the start of the Easter Weekend

Just now, Xela said:

Much quieter tonight. 

Last week was loudest, but may have been helped by the fact it was the start of the Easter Weekend

Same 3 people every week and two of them have children who work for the nhs. It’s easy to forget if you are not watching the news though 

Brazilian president Bolsonaro has fired his health minister due to a disagreement on how to handle the "little flu" / Corona virus.

Tropic Trump doing his best to kill his fellow countrymen 

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

I don't think @Stevo985's frustrations were being leveled at your contribution, Marv - more at the fact that a debate was being had on those lines at all.

There's probably some etiquette for whatever's happening here whereby I escape without looking even more hypersensitive, Stevo knows I love him and his ankles and we get back to the harrowing reality unfolding before us really. 

Thanks though, barometer is well off. I'll wind my neck in. :thumb:

Hugs everyone. Sorry if I sound clinical at times. 

Most of you know I'm a c-unit so, you know, there's that.

• Like 2

Â