Generic Virus Thread

villakram

56 minutes ago, nick76 said:

A simple booster can help people you come across that are more vulnerable whether friends, family or just people you come across that may be at more risk. As many studies have shown that while the vaccinated do transmit the disease the infectiousness percentage chance is reduced.  

For me, 15 minutes out of my day for a simple free injection is a small price if it makes just a slight bit of difference and get flu vaccination at the same time.  We all have vulnerable people in our lives, whether elderly or have some issue, so for me it’s a simple decision.

Loads of studies across the internet…just picked the first on the google search.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-02138-x

Thats fine nick i get your point and i have not said in capacity its wrong but at same time i have no objection to anyone that doesnt want a booster either.  Covids over, people are not social distancing and we dont even hear about covid deaths now so people can do as they please.

But some people putting pointless posts thats its not about 'you' wtf you babbling on about. I havent said it's about me 😂

• Sad 1

It's interesting that deaths due to COVID are rising apparently (compared with falling positive rates - lack of testing?).  Whether that is death by COVID or death with COVID is anyone's guess though (I haven't really looked into the data :detect:).  

image.thumb.png.70565f478b8bb860c5a945422b2ac64f.png

The fact that deaths are rising gives me reason to give caution if I feel a little bit weary or have a snotty nose etc before seeing my vulnerable folks. 

That said, we're a long way off previous horrific numbers:

image.thumb.png.8d499015cfcc0f8c528f73c5c434e44b.png

UK Gov Dashboard

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m surprised how many shops still have perspex screens up.

I’m surprised more haven’t left them up to be honest.  They are of very little inconvenience and even forgetting Covid, the amount of people some shop workers engage with daily, that a little protection from all those viruses and colds that are about is not such a bad thing especially when the odd few don’t have basic manners with sneezing, coughing or spit when they talk.  You obviously still get that when your out and about personally but doesn’t hurt to have simple things like that when you are in that kind of working environment imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m surprised more haven’t left them up to be honest.  They are of very little inconvenience and even forgetting Covid, the amount of people some shop workers engage with daily, that a little protection from all those viruses and colds that are about is not such a bad thing especially when the odd few don’t have basic manners with sneezing, coughing or spit when they talk.  You obviously still get that when your out and about personally but doesn’t hurt to have simple things like that when you are in that kind of working environment imo.

They are a pain in the arse. My local spar still has them up, you have to pass the good through tiny gap to be scanned, and then back through in a bag. 

Mcdonalds still had them up too making handing over the food an inconvenience. Plus they can’t hear you when you ask for sauce.

Finally, they clearly don’t do anything, if the virus is in the air then it’s going through that gap (or over, or around it).

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

They are a pain in the arse. My local spar still has them up, you have to pass the good through tiny gap to be scanned, and then back through in a bag. 

Mcdonalds still had them up too making handing over the food an inconvenience. Plus they can’t hear you when you ask for sauce.

Fair enough, maybe the places I frequent I don’t have so much trouble as your locals.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Finally, they clearly don’t do anything, if the virus is in the air then it’s going through that gap.

That’s not true, there is more chance of infection by direct initial particles than lingering particles by a considerable distance hence why the screen is of value.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats fine nick i get your point and i have not said in capacity its wrong but at same time i have no objection to anyone that doesnt want a booster either.  Covids over, people are not social distancing and we dont even hear about covid deaths now so people can do as they please.

But some people putting pointless posts thats its not about 'you' wtf you babbling on about. I havent said it' about me 😂

Lets hug it out @fruitvilla

Unless your still social distancing 😉

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Finally, they clearly don’t do anything, if the virus is in the air then it’s going through that gap (or over, or around it).

I'm not a regular at maccies, but the ones at Bassets Pole, and in Lichfield city centre don't have screens. Must be that rough one you frequent ;) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I'm not a regular at maccies, but the ones at Bassets Pole, and in Lichfield city centre don't have screens. Must be that rough one you frequent ;) 

Haha, could be! I’m sure the one on the old A5 in Tamworth still has them. 

2 hours ago, trekka said:

It's interesting that deaths due to COVID are rising apparently (compared with falling positive rates - lack of testing?).  Whether that is death by COVID or death with COVID is anyone's guess though (I haven't really looked into the data :detect:).  

image.thumb.png.70565f478b8bb860c5a945422b2ac64f.png

The fact that deaths are rising gives me reason to give caution if I feel a little bit weary or have a snotty nose etc before seeing my vulnerable folks. 

That said, we're a long way off previous horrific numbers:

image.thumb.png.8d499015cfcc0f8c528f73c5c434e44b.png

UK Gov Dashboard

My mothers death last year was recorded as a three stage thing (I can’t remember the medical term used). Essentially she was hospitalised on Boxing Day last year with breathing difficulties, where she was diagnosed with Covid. This then lead to Pulmonary Emboli, which then lead to Cardiac Arrest (over a 3 day period). So whilst ultimately it was the CA which killed her, they still recorded covid as the first factor. And I believe if someone passes with any illness, and they happen to develop covid just before their passing, then covid will be recorded as well. 

It’s a weird thing still, covid. Killing people daily but we have already adapted to it now. It does make me angry when people say it’s just a ‘bad cold’ though. A cold wouldn’t/shouldn't have killed my mother at 61 years of age... 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, bickster said:

There is no generally available Covid vaccine this year, you have to be over 65 or certain conditions etc

I had to shield and have now had 6 jabs, will continue to get one every time it’s offered.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

You dare come after my me in the future. You let something glaring slide but I use principle instead of principal and you are all over it. 

It would be hard to "come after" someone in the past. On principle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get the flu jab every year and every covid vaccine offered to me. I have no idea why people wouldn’t - but we live in a strange world.

Also, I had a bad cold maybe 5 weeks ago - almost flu like, but not quite that. I did 2 covid tests which were both negative but I’ve had a cough since. It’s so **** annoying now :D. Missus has it as well. I presume it still could be covid? Anyone else had/heard of such a long-term “cold” recently?

Â