Generic Virus Thread

villakram

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What on earth are you talking about ?

A simple booster can help people you come across that are more vulnerable whether friends, family or just people you come across that may be at more risk. As many studies have shown that while the vaccinated do transmit the disease the infectiousness percentage chance is reduced.  

For me, 15 minutes out of my day for a simple free injection is a small price if it makes just a slight bit of difference and get flu vaccination at the same time.  We all have vulnerable people in our lives, whether elderly or have some issue, so for me it’s a simple decision.

Loads of studies across the internet…just picked the first on the google search.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-02138-x

Receipt of booster doses and more recent vaccination further reduced infectiousness among vaccinated cases. These findings suggest that, although vaccinated and/or previously infected individuals remain highly infectious upon SARS-CoV-2 infection in this prison setting, their infectiousness is reduced compared to individuals without any history of vaccination or infection. This study underscores benefit of vaccination to reduce, but not eliminate, transmission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

A simple booster can help people you come across that are more vulnerable whether friends, family or just people you come across that may be at more risk. As many studies have shown that while the vaccinated do transmit the disease the infectiousness percentage chance is reduced.  

For me, 15 minutes out of my day for a simple free injection is a small price if it makes just a slight bit of difference and get flu vaccination at the same time.  We all have vulnerable people in our lives, whether elderly or have some issue, so for me it’s a simple decision.

Loads of studies across the internet…just picked the first on the google search.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-02138-x

Findings probably came from the pharma companies. 😉

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If you want the vaccine fine if you don’t fine. No one should be made to feel bad for not having it and not continuing to have it. I’m not at all anti vax, I’ve decided not to continue but that could change.

No one should be made to feel bad about anything. Not even about being a Blues' supporter. 

That you decided not to continue is fine. Just take a look at your underlying motivations and how do they comport with your adopted doctrines.

Edited by fruitvilla

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No one should be made to feel bad for not having it and not continuing to have it.

That’s very true but at the same time you can’t feel miffed if people make judgment on you as part of their assessment of you.  Like anything people judge each other based on their views from vaccination statuses, political viewpoints, attire etc…anything that is a choice by the individual.  I’m sure I have things that people question about me.  My views about vaccination are due to some people in my life being vulnerable.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It was tougue and cheek. Most don't think of others when having vaccines, other than Covid maybe.

It's not either/or. 

It just makes sense all round. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's not either/or. 

It just makes sense all round. 

You dare come after my me in the future. You let something glaring slide but I use principle instead of principal and you are all over it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That’s very true but at the same time you can’t feel miffed if people make judgment on you as part of their assessment of you.  Like anything people judge each other based on their views from vaccination statuses, political viewpoints, attire etc…anything that is a choice by the individual.  I’m sure I have things that people question about me.  My views about vaccination are due to some people in my life being vulnerable.

I totally get that you need to be more careful around the people that are in your life if they are vulnerable. Each to their own I suppose. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

No one should be made to feel bad about anything. Not even about being a Blues' supporter. 

That you decided not to continue is fine. Just take a look at your underlying motivations and how do they comport with your adopted doctrines.

Me believing in a god doesn’t have anything to do with it. 

Take polio as an example ... it's on the verge of eradication. The chances of getting it in the West are minimal. We do have some secondary infections from weakened versions of the vaccine. But the wild poliovirus is almost gone, just in the Afghan/Pakistan region. The problem is if we stop vaccinating in the West it can come back all too easily.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Me believing in a god doesn’t have anything to do with it. 

God does not have anything to do with it either. I am just pointing out the discrepancy between your avowed doctrine and your actions regarding vaccinations.

If this new childhood chickenpox vaccination had been developed twenty years ago, it would probably have had an enthusiastic takeup. 

But I'm guessing there will be a whole load of antivax stuff about it on social media. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If this new childhood chickenpox vaccination had been developed twenty years ago, it would probably have had an enthusiastic takeup. 

But I'm guessing there will be a whole load of antivax stuff about it on social media. 

Pros and cons of the modern world and social media . 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What’s the current take up of vaccinations now? Has it dropped off a cliff or is it still steady?

There is no generally available Covid vaccine this year, you have to be over 65 or certain conditions etc

• Thanks 1

Â