Generic Virus Thread

villakram

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Whilst I agree, so is the rest of the world imo

Yep, the implications are enormous.

Example: Oil is worth about the same as cat p*ss at the moment & the petro-monarchies rely on that income to buy off their own populations - who are overwhelmingly under 30 so likely to fair well with the virus. 

With no readies in the bank for social  subsidies (and little other economic activity worth a fig) they could be in big trouble, with the nasties we know well ready to be the vanguard. 

Then there’s the Chinese Communist Party spinning for its life and blaming the US for COVID-19. If pressure mounts on them domestically the temptation to find a unifying external enemy will be strong. 

So many possibilities for conflict to break out it would take a book to list them.

Meanwhile, email just in from my boy’s school confirming tomorrow’s field trip to the national museum in Edinburgh. Quite surreal really.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

A gig I was going to in May, Reverend Horton Heat has been cancelled. Unsure if the BST Hyde Park concerts will go ahead as I have tickets for Pearl Jam, ah who am I kidding, Taylor Swift better not cancel on me. 

She is safe in my basement , I'll let her out for the day in July if you promise to return her

I think BST gigs will go ahead FWIW

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The people who are saying that people are overreacting by being really worried about this need to take note.

This is **** serious. Healthwise or otherwise

I'm really sorry to hear it lads. I hope the government steps the **** up and supports people through this.

I completely agree with your post, but would add that the government should have already announced how it was going to step up. These redundancies are needless, if the government takes the necessary action that other European countries are already taking. Their tardiness is now having real consequences. 

• Like 2

Can I just say my comments regarding Britain were the last thing this thread needed, someone being racist and close minded. It's the last thing this world needs right now, and here I am spouting it to a group of people who have been good to me, and to whom have welcomed me, shared ups and downs with me, who are part of the pride like me, Aston Villa.

I know we are all big fans and support Aston Villa, so let's all show the club some support now by taking care of ourselves, exercising, staying fighting fit and strong, in heart and mind, being patient in the bad times and celebrating the good. Make sure you take time for love and what gives meaning to you. Get some sun, even if it's in your backyard. I would prefer to watch the Villa, instead of the news and it's constant drama, and the prospect of being confined to my house for the foreseeable future. I hope to join you all again for some football soon.

I am thinking, and I could be as wrong as I have been in this thread, that the most infected place will be the internet, because of everything related to this virus, and the potential social crisis it may cause.

@Awol @chrisp65 @penguin

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 3

My funeral question was serious, btw. A friend of mine from my running club died last week - cerebral aneurysm, while out running. Haven't heard of a date for the funeral yet, but I can see it being very well attended, he was a popular bloke. 

I was just thinking, if you wanted to make a bit of money, start thinking of ways to make money from pregnancy and new born babies. I'd be willing to bet once this all blows over, and people start going out into the world again, there may be a bit of a baby boom! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My funeral question was serious, btw. A friend of mine from my running club died last week - cerebral aneurysm, while out running. Haven't heard of a date for the funeral yet, but I can see it being very well attended, he was a popular bloke. 

My neighbour buried his dad today, the wake is still going on next door.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Right now, no, but probably very soon, yes, is my guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I believe that in Italy they have restricted them to immediate family only.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I completely agree with your post, but would add that the government should have already announced how it was going to step up. These redundancies are needless, if the government takes the necessary action that other European countries are already taking. Their tardiness is now having real consequences. 

Agreed

3 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I was just thinking, if you wanted to make a bit of money, start thinking of ways to make money from pregnancy and new born babies. I'd be willing to bet once this all blows over, and people start going out into the world again, there may be a bit of a baby boom! 

baby.jpg

• Haha 2

Matt Hancock is now panicking as it's not only the oldies who need intensive care.

But still strict measures haven't been imposed.

Matt Hancock said: We will fight this virus with everything we've got.

The news came as it emerged patients in their 40s with coronavirus are being put on ventilators in hospital.  

As the UK death toll passed 50 the Health Secretary said all elective surgery that was not time sensitive would either be cancelled or postponed as the health service gears up for the worst of the pandemic.

Anonymous medic added: 'It is simply not true that only the very elderly who we can imagine "would have died soon anyway" will get sick.

Daily Mail

23 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Coronials?

Quaranteens?

• Haha 3

On 13/03/2020 at 19:13, chrisp65 said:

See, that’s you in the colonies being subject to fake news.

Over here, it’s the ones trying to break up ‘Britain’ that are considered nasty dangerous nationalists.

Not sure I'm interpreting your post as is meant but I get a 'V for Vendetta' vibe from it.

China reports just ONE new domestic case of coronavirus in a day

but finds 20 more cases that arrived from abroad

But the country is now concerned about an influx of cases from abroad, with an average of 20,000 people flying into China every day. In a reversal of roles, Beijing is now requiring almost all international arrivals to go into 14-day quarantine in designated hotels. 

Authorities tightened restrictions in the city even further on February 11, a move officials say was critical in containing the virus.

The country's progress stands in stark contrast with the growing crisis in other countries.

Daily Mail

33 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Can I just say my comments regarding Britain were the last thing this thread needed, someone being racist and close minded. It's the last thing this world needs right now, and here I am spouting it to a group of people who have been good to me, and to whom have welcomed me, shared ups and downs with me, who are part of the pride like me, Aston Villa.

Don’t worry, we’re all likely to forgive stereotyping from Australians as we understand your racism is genetically ingrained.

• Haha 1

Â