Generic Virus Thread

villakram

40 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I had a video call with a close friend last night.  She's late 30s, healthy, runs a couple of successful businesses.  Her Dad passed away a couple of months ago, and she started the call by just bursting into tears.  The uncertainty and lack of comms is causing more distress than just being honest with us.

I deal with a lot of suppliers on a daily basis. Family run business and tradesmen, who even at the best of times live week to week, and request 30 day invoices be paid early.

They just aren't going to survive and the people they employ are in for a world of trouble.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Committed to every person catching it more like. 

"The fact that our prayers have immense impact, requires us to pray for peace and for good in the world." 

tenor.gif

By far the worst thing about this is the people in my office who have adapted "Socially distant" as a phrase.

It doesn't make sense. Maintaining social distancing is not being socially distant.

Shut up.

And yes I was being flippant, it's obviously not the worst thing about this wanna fight about it don't @ me

• Like 1

Just now, Xann said:

More worried about the outbreak of idiocy now.

Same. It's very early days, the enormity of this still isn't clear to a lot of people, but panic is already setting in.

13 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Been laid off thanks to this f*****. 

What a sensational year its been. 

9 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Same here... 

What a useless hand to be dealt. Very sorry to hear this, lads. As scant consolation as it might be, maybe you’re just getting a head start on everyone else for the job search.

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

What a useless hand to be dealt. Very sorry to hear this, lads. As scant consolation as it might be, maybe you’re just getting a head start on everyone else for the job search.

Yes, repercussions will be massive. I work for a major retailer, very financially healthy, with plentiful cash reserves. I predict we can tread water for a month at best. I don't see the world returning to normality for the year, especially shopping and social habits.

We're toast.

Gonna have to start being extra careful when I'm delivering to customers now. The last few weeks have shown the selfishness of many and I wouldn't put it passed people to try and nab people's supermarket shopping from the van when I'm at a customer's door. 

Signs have had to go up in store, informing customers that verbal or physical abuse of staff members won't be tolerated. As if they should even need reminding! 

A woman/chef at a care home was in uniform buying for the care home and was subject to abuse and mob mentality and had to be protected by security. Pick your battles you absolute cretins/cowards! Care homes stock buy every week. They are not trying to take the piss. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Enda said:

Thanks mate, Unfortunately i now have to isolate for 12 weeks under yesterdays new legislation as i tick a few at risk boxes. 

As a contractor, unless i get a bunch of documents to review i wont earn a penny as can no longer carry out site visits. 

• Sad 2

Â