Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, Chindie said:

Business interruption isn't really my field but there's definitely going to be some policies out there that will cover this kind of thing, but they'll be enormous premium covers that are tailored for gigantic businesses. The run of the mill BI policy normal businesses might have are designed for things like damage to property preventing work, they aren't covering virus outbreaks. Even less so stuff that's pretty much force majeure.

There was a guy on 5live yesterday from a theatre in London. He said they had a very expensive policy that would cover them if they were told to close. As they've not been told to close, but rather the public told not to go they'll go bust.

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

That cheerful fellow who owns Wetherspoons is not so happy with Boris Johnson this morning. 

You know the worlds smallest violin that people keep playing? well this one is smaller

1 minute ago, Genie said:

There was a guy on 5live yesterday from a theatre in London. He said they had a very expensive policy that would cover them if they were told to close. As they've not been told to close, but rather the public told not to go they'll go bust.

I hope he's right.

I'd probably encourage the guy to contact his broker and read the wording. I'd be very surprised if he's covered for a virus outbreak.

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I hope he's right.

I'd probably encourage the guy to contact his broker and read the wording. I'd be very surprised if he's covered for a virus outbreak.

I wouldn't expect it to be so specific, it would be along the lines of being told to close by police/government etc for whatever reason.

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes I get that completely Mike but there are people out there that are completely petrified of catching it themselves and worry what the effects will be

There's a whole spectrum of irrationality. On the one hand, young, fit, healthy people shitting themselves that they're going to die, and on the other, asthmatic old codgers completely ignoring all advice and carrying on obliviously. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

I had a video call with a close friend last night.  She's late 30s, healthy, runs a couple of successful businesses.  Her Dad passed away a couple of months ago, and she started the call by just bursting into tears.  The uncertainty and lack of comms is causing more distress than just being honest with us.

Thousands of Jews to pray at Western Wall, in effort to stop the COVID-19 epidemic. 'We are committed to every person,' Rabbi Eliyahu says.

Link

Screenshot_20200317_135035_com.opera.browser.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 1

Â