Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

**** me talk about a lack of leadership. Advising against social contact in pubs, restaurants etc but not closing them. Reliant on people taking the decision themselves.

Notice how ‘keep the economy going’ was extremely high up on the priority list? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

**** me talk about a lack of leadership. Advising against social contact in pubs, restaurants etc but not closing them. Reliant on people taking the decision themselves.

is that the legal equivalent of a company apologizing but never using the explicit phrase 'I am sorry'? 

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Does he not want to shut things down for fear of being asked are you going to pay people during these times and prop up businesses. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

It is. If the economy collapses 100% of people are in a world of s***. 

I understand. I just think in times like this, it’s not one of the things to lead with, even if it is high up on the list. 

Edit: Also, I can’t help but think that what he actually means is ‘we need to limit the impact on shareholders’. 

Edited by wazzap24

6 hours ago, Genie said:

The guy at work who sits immediately in front of me was off last week and believes he had it. He's asking to come back to the office (was messaging me earlier). He said he suffered with "body pains" and hot sweats for around 3 to 4 days.

I worked at home for a week about 2-3 weeks back. Woke up on the Monday and body ached so much i felt like i'd been hit by a truck. Also had a niggly cough, although I have had for a while (since my Xmas flu). Possible I may have had a minor dose of it :mellow:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I worked at home for a week about 2-3 weeks back. Woke up on the Monday and body ached so much i felt like i'd been hit by a truck. Also had a niggly cough, although I have had for a while (since my Xmas flu). Possible I may have had a minor dose of it :mellow:

dGqmsxk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It has to be. A lot of businesses are going to fail already and we haven't shut anything down (yet). If we do and the economy collapses, then its going to be utter carnage for everyone. 

• Like 4

Just now, Davkaus said:

I just drove home with 8 plants poking out the top of my car because nobody would visit the office to water them.

Let plant panic buying commence! Don't they clean our air and thus help protect against infection?

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I just drove home with 8 plants poking out the top of my car because nobody would visit the office to water them.

Use the leaves to wipe your arse? Nice plan! 

• Haha 2

Interesting 

The coronavirus was still new and contained to Wuhan, China when a sample of the live virus was shipped to the government lab for testing with Oya 1. Test samples viewed under a microscope show a clear "before" and "after" that indicates properties that allowed the virus to grow and spread were neutralized. 

"The drug was so effective that, even though we got through our dose-testing, we had literally sterilized the culture of the virus, so we knew this was a powerful thing," said Dr. Smith.

He said preliminary research indicates a single dose of the medicine stops the progression of COVID-19 for eight days and continues to work at half-strength for another four days. [\quote]

The question now is whether the drug will react to the virus the same way in the body as it has in the lab.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I no longer trust Patrick Vallance. He comes across as having gone native - acting like more of a govt spokesman than a public servant.

indeed , far better that we trust twitter and podcasts :)

Â